Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]
[PRP] Oh brother, oh sister (Jiro, Satomei)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dgcakes

Jeering Streaker

9,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:59 pm
Seasons changing, pridal happenings, all sorts of things had passed by since Jiro had been born. Really, the cub had decided to just take things in stride. Now he was a juvenile, maybe soon to be even larger, and he was still the one who preferred to remain in the background, in the shadow of the rest of his family.

It was almost possible to completely forget he was even there, or to miss him, the youth having quieted himself from the time where he'd actively start fights with his siblings when provoked or chase them back into the den. Jiro had, in some ways, given them up as lost causes. He wasn't going to be able to change them or convince them, and the only thing that seemed to happen when he did was his mother had gotten disappointed in him for fighting, and it didn't solve anything for him on top of it. Eventually he just learned to adapt to not being disturbed by noise, or being able to slip away unnoticed when he just couldn't take the others. It was practically an art form at this point.

In that way, Jiro was really being selfish. He hadn't done much speaking to his family, apart from in passing, and he hadn't even considered their feelings on whether or not he should be hiding out or wandering off. Hadn't he been the one to enforce rules before? Now he broke them with no thought of consequences or feelings? That wasn't right, particularly not to his mother.

It was these musings that had the dark hybrid seated at the mouth of the family's home in the early morning, visible and awake, rather than sleeping in a corner or sneaking away. It wasn't an active step to getting in touch with his family by any means, but at the very least it was a step in the right direction, right? If one of the others wanted to talk to him, they could. Maybe, maybe another night he might approach his Mama and talk to her or spend time like when he'd been little. But for now, here he was. Just seated and waiting.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Satomei yawned leisurely, stretching out her paws in all directions - though she was careful not to hit anyone, though she had thought about kicking Hikari, but decided against it. She didn't want him to start crying and to get her in trouble with their mother. She pushed herself up, blinking her eyes. The young feline wiggled with delight in seeing that it was morning. Their uncle Nanashi would be going for his rounds soon, to see to the pride, and Satomei fully intended on tagging along with that!

She bounced to her feet, knowing her mother was probably awake and watching her - plus, she had let her know the prior night what she had planned to do, so if she wasn't awake and later found her daughter gone, she'd know to blame her brother.

Moving to the mouth of the den, Satomei was surprised to see Jiro sitting there. She'd never really spent much time with her darker brother, but Satomei had never been one to seek out her siblings intentionally. She'd rather spend time with her Uncle.

"G'mornin'," she greeted inelegantly, but, hey, it was morning, okay? She moved to stand near him, but her eyes were scanning for the slender form of her uncle starting his rounds.

Velveteen Angel

Dgcakes

Jeering Streaker

9,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:53 am
Jiro glanced over and nodded in greeting to his white and pink sister. "Hey 'Tomei." he greeted quietly, moving a bit so she'd have a bit more room to look around outside of the den. She had always been attached to their uncle, hadn't she? He'd seen it a few times. Was that who she was looking for now?

"Trying to see if Nanashi's doing his rounds yet?" the male questioned, having gotten used to occasionally seeing the boss wandering around the pride to check on things as he himself was slipping out to go spend time with some of the workers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:52 pm

She flopped down next to him, her energy depleted in getting up. Gah, why was morning so early? She wondered, appearing unphased by the nickname he had given her.

"Mmmhmmm," Satomei murmured sleepily, peering out at the grounds. "He said if I was up when he left, he'd take me with him," she admitted, before glancing at him. "What are you doing up? Do you want to come with us?" She wouldn't mind Jiro tagging along. She felt kind a guilty not spending much time with him, but she had different priorities than he did. Like, she liked sleeping and he voluntarily got up waaay too early in the mornings.

Velveteen Angel

Dgcakes

Jeering Streaker

9,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:40 pm
Jiro smiled some at his sister's offer, but shook his head. "No, I've been getting up early to go spend time in other parts of the pride is all. I thought today I'd stick around and spend some time with everyone once they were up." he explained, stretching some and watching her lay around sleepily.

"Would you like to rest and I'll call you when I see him heading out? Or do you need to go meet him? If you do, I'll walk with you." she looked so tired, it was hard to imagine this was his talkative sister at times. But it was very very early. She might fall over if he didn't tag along to keep her up at least for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:26 pm

Satomei was curious to what her brother had been doing in the other areas of the pride so often. "What do you do out there all day? I rarely see you, even when I'm with Uncle," she asked, almost accusatory. She didn't really like not-knowing things within the pride, it was frustrating.

She looked surprised at his offer, and barely stifled a yawn. Oh, a nap sounded lovely, at least until Nanashi came to collect her, but no, that wouldn't do! "I'll be okay," she defended, puffing out her chest. "I can stay awake." She glanced out of the den, knowing Nanashi would be rising from his own soon enough. "But perhaps you could walk me to Uncle's den anyway? He hasn't seen you in ages too," she pointed out, shifting in an attempt to stay awake. Willing or not, her body might just push her back to sleep if she stayed sitting too long.

Velveteen Angel

Dgcakes

Jeering Streaker

9,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:12 pm
Jiro took a moment to let her finish yawning before he answered. "Meet people, get used to the place, help out here and there." It was a simple explanation, but it was a simple task for so much getting done. Staying out of the way, doing what he could to ingratiate himself into that part of the pride - it was most likely where he'd end up when he was grown, so getting in well in there was worth it.

"If you need to lean on me while we walk, you may." Jiro smiled, standing and nudging his sister's shoulder a little to help her stand up in case her body protested. He knew too well about working or moving even when your body wasn't sure of it. "That way you can be a little more coherent when we reach Uncle Nanashi." It was a small offer, but he did mean it. She was his little sister and if this was important to her, he would do his best to make it better on her.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:33 pm

Satomei eyed her brother, surprised if that was all he really did. He must be doing other stuff, because that sounded...really boring, at least to Satomei who had been spoiled with learning so much of the pride from their Uncle. "Oh, really?" She said, sounding slightly sceptical, but the pensive look was ruined with another large yawn.

She wouldn't admit it, but as he nudged her shoulder, it did actually help her stand. Her body was begging for more sleep, but her mind refused to give in and let it. She would go and meet her Uncle! "Mm coh'r'nt now!" Satomei mumbled in protest as her head swam lightly from standing up. She did lean on him, but tried not to make him take all of her wait.

She wobbled there for a moment, before tensing her form. "What are we waiting for?" She said. "We'll miss Uncle if we don't hurry." Despite her words, her walk was slow when she began to set out from the dens towards where her Uncle's was situated higher on the hill.

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff