Dating a pro-lifer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PenguinKaz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:50 am
Right so this is the situation im in right now
the guy ive been seeing is very strongly pro-life and i know it shouldnt be but its causing issues in our relationship
i just wanna know how you guys would feel about dating a pro-lifer  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 am
I did it once. He was arguing from an emotional place and after a series of discussions he started to give way to logic.

Personally, I'd rather not be with someone who was adamant in the stance because they'd essentially be telling me that I lose the right to my own body the second I become pregnant which, in short, is uncool.

Differing core values can be a source of strain for any couple and it doesn't matter if those values are religion, race, education, or abortion rights.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Jaaten Syric

Liberal Zealot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:52 pm
I flatly couldn't. At least not a politically pro-life person (I'd be fine with dating a personally pro-life person provided she was okay with me looking into sterilization options for myself), but that is one headache I don't need.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:55 am
This should cause issues in your relationship. You two have a fundamental difference in beliefs.

Honestly, I couldn't be with someone who thinks that a zygote is more important than me. Or that they have a right to force me to have a baby. Or that I am forfitting my rights every time I choose to have sex with them.

I can't tell you what to do, but to me that sounds like a deal-breaker. =/  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PenguinKaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:48 pm
well the difference in attitudes wasnt the deal breaker him calling me a cold blooded killer how ever was

im better off without people like that in my life

tahnsk anyway guys smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:23 pm
Hmm I don't know. If it was one of those "I wouldn't get an abortion but I won't get in the way of other people" types I could deal with it. I'd just have a funny feeling that if our views on abortion were totally different, our other views would also be very different.  

Demon Days

ZimGangster

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:10 am
It's not that I'm not open to dating a pro-lifer at all, though I'd probably avoid it. If he respected my views, I could respect his. However, in this instance that doesn't seem to be the case. You're better off without someone who would call you a cold-blooded killer.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:07 pm
ZimGangster
It's not that I'm not open to dating a pro-lifer at all, though I'd probably avoid it. If he respected my views, I could respect his. However, in this instance that doesn't seem to be the case. You're better off without someone who would call you a cold-blooded killer.

Yeah that's the part that bothered me. Why would you call anyone - let alone your girlfriend- that?  

Demon Days

marshmallowcreampie

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:58 pm
Political beliefs aren't usually a huge deal for me in a relationship, however, how he feels about abortion is a big deal. I don't want kids, and if I get pregnant I'm almost definately aborting. That would lead to some problems if my partner is pro-life. There aren't many political issues that can effect a relationship, but abortion is one of those issues. You don't agree on abortion, that can really lead to problems if the woman wants to abort but the man doesn't. I don't want to date anyone who desires such control over my body, or is going to pressure me to keep a child I don't want.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:30 pm
Considering I have a strict policy against being involved with misogynists, there's not a chance in hell I would ever date or ******** a pro-lifer.  

Calixti

Pro-Choice Gaians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff