Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:18 am
User Image
Phy couldn't quite recall exactly how long it had been since she had meet Kivuli out in the rogue lands..but what she did recall was that he had helped her out of a jam. One of the numerous ones she always found herself facing in the lawless expanses of the open Savannah and that since then things had only gone from bad to worse.

To put it quite simply Phy simply wasn't cut out to live her life in the company of rogues..she was far to meek and easily trod upon to carve out a suitable living for herself and it was more due to luck then any talent on her part that she hadn't been seriously hurt or maimed..or worse.

Of course she hadn't taken up the helpful lions offer when she had first met him - she was grateful yes..but how on earth could she foist herself upon his pride and his good graces simply out of the blue? It would be unbearably rude and she just..couldn't do it. Then.

Now however - was a completely different story and Phy had swallowed the last bit of her pride and minced her way towards this pride he had spoke n of. the guards of course had stopped her and she'd muttered and sputtered apologies until at long last one of them asked who she had been looking for. He had supposedly gone to fetch Kivuli but now she was left here sitting with the other guard in awkward silence. She sighed..when would her life not be awkward?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 am
User Image

Kivuli had been busy talking with a crafter about getting some special items made for Maua. While the lion seemed a bit hesitant to preform the task, perhaps he was worried that Maua would not like what was made and take out her anger on the crafter. It took a good deal of discussing but after a while the crafter agreed to the job, but said it would be some time as he wanted to make sure everything was beyond perfect before presenting the items. With a final nod Kivuli turned and left the lion to get back to his work. Hopefully Maua would be pleasantly surprised when the items were finished and presented to her.

While he didn't have any duties to attend to at the moment Kivuli decided to head back to the den for a bit, Maua might be there and they coudl spend some good quality time together. Of course when the guard came up to him and informed him of a visitor the plans to spend time with Maua will thrown out. Kivuli nodded and set off to meet with the lioness that awaited him.

Upon arriving Kivuli exchanged a few quiet words with the guard assuring him all would be well and that his services were not needed anymore. With a slight bow the guard threw a final glance at Phy and left the two alone, rejoining his fellow guardsman to return to their other duties. "Porphyra, it is good to see you again. Please forgive the guards, they were just doing their job." He motioned for her to walk with him and turned about, slowly walking along the prides borders. "Have you reconsidered my offer?" Ever since meeting the shy female in the rogue lands he had hoped she would take his advice and join the pride, she was not the type to live well within those lands and it would do her some good to join the pride.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 am
Ah here he came again..banishing the big bad guards and saving her from more awkward silences. It was too bad he was a good deal older then her..and already mated. Phy certainly needed the looking after of someone like him she thought to herself wryly. Of course such thoughts were nothing but a fleeting thought - she liked Kivuli well enough but not that way.

Without further prompting he padded along beside him as they skirted the prides boarders "I know" She told him meekly "I bear them no ill will for doing what they are supposed to' She assured him, mostly just for the chance to stall and gather her thoughts further.

After several silent paces it seemed she had finally worked up the courage to tell him "I...I have, I mean..I've thought about it..." Quite a bit truthfully but if she went into the details she might start blubbering on about just how wretched her life in the rogue lands was and really what sort of impression would that make? They'd probably send her off again right then and there for being such a complete pansy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:49 am
He allowed the silence to fall between them not wanting to rush her into speaking, she would speak when she was ready. Of course when she did finally start to answer his question Phy's words were a bit vague. Well if she had thought about it and was here now he was certain she had made some sort of decision, whether it was a set in stone decision or not he was yet to determine. "I doubt you came all the way out here to tell me that you have declined my offer to join." He stated with a bit of a chuckle.

As they walked he glanced about them. Perhaps a bit of a tour would ease her mind about joining and allow her to see that all he had told her before was truthful. "Would you like a tour of the lands?" Not only would it help her, but should she choose to join then she would have a better knowledge of the prides layout and where everything was, what areas to stick close to and which ones to avoid given her shy nature.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:54 am
Well now she had gone and embarrassed herself b being so vague...but..but well she didn't know honestly, I mean she had come here ready to tell him that yes she would take him up on his offer but now that she was here she was second guessing herself..again. That was always her problem..she never trusted herself to make the right decision.

But then he offered something that brightened up the rather depressed look on her face and she gave him an appreciative look "That would be nice...if..if your allowed of course..I wouldn't want to intrude..or get anyone into trouble..."She continued on before realizing that she was starting to ramble and stopped herself before she wound up going on and on endlessly like she had no manners at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 am
Kivuli smiled widely. "It's no trouble at all." And continued to lead her on the beginning of the tour, though he angled them away fromt he border. "Up ahead is the forest, where the Groundlings reside. They are part of the pride but not all rules are as strictly enforced upon them. Don't worry though, they are good lions. My daughter had a certain liking for them." That somewhat pained Kivuli to say, for he did miss Nyota terribly and hoped one day she would return to them. Turning Kivuli led her towards the open area at the base of the mountain where the lower classes lived, as well as where there stage was for the performers.

"This is the lower class area. Over there," he pointed with his muzzle. "That's the stage where every so often performers put on great plays. They are quite a thing to watch and provide good entertainment for the pride. The crafters live here and in the middle class areas. They are the ones to fashion items for not just the performers to wear but all lions within the pride." Kivuli glanced over at Phy to see if she had any questions before he would continue the tour.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:10 am
Phy nodded as he said it was no trouble - though she was sure she was taking up a good deal of hi valuable time - surely he had something better to do then show her around like this. Bet not to drag it on for too long then and take up more of his time then she needed too!

This pride had a rather peculiar manner of sorting their members she recalled as from their earlier conversations as he hoed her the groundings home and shortly afterwards the performers stage - wouldn't it be nice to sit down and watch a performance? Of course there was nothing going on at the moment other then a few lions and other creatures wandering about too and fro and going about whatever business they must have. "Do they put on these plays often?" She asked with a hint of intrigue in her voice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:21 am
Kivuli gave his head a nod, purple mane bouncing lightly as he did so. "Yes, they generally have a play every week. With some special larger performances thrown in every month or two. I'm sure you would enjoy them greatly, and then cover many aspects from comedy to tragedy." Ah he did enjoy coming here to see the plays, and it was one of those few times that put all ranks of lions together in the same place with a similar appreciation for the work of the performers. He started to walk again, not because he didn't want her to see anything else here or deter any more questions but there was still quite a bit to show her.

"Sometimes it can be interesting to watch them practice, while not as entertaining as the full play it gives you an appreciation to what it takes to put on such an event." And he did have to give the performers credit for remembering their lines and important cues for each and every play, as well as not getting distracted by the laughter of the crowd.

Slowly they began to ascend the mountain. "The middle classes live here. They fulfill quite a few different roles from hunters to crafters to nurses and others as well." They passed a few crafters stations and he made sure she was able to stop and look at some of the trinkets being made before moving on. Nodding his head to the left Kivuli spoke again. "Those are the scholars dens, they are a great asset to the pride. They help to educate the pride, old and young, and ensure that our traditions and knowledge is never lost."

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:46 am
Phy nodded as they moved away from the stage and crafter area, it was certainly something she could look forward to seeing when she joined she thought to herself - and realized at almost the same moment that that very thought had confirmed her inner decision for her. She really would be joining then...her mind had been made up this entire time she realized..she just hadn't been willing to admit it to herself until now. "I imagine allot of work goes into making such performances" She mused as they continued on turning her head to view the various areas he pointed out to her.

"I see, surely they are quite wise lions then these Scholars" She remarked - she herself couldn't fathom ever being trusted with such a chunk of knowledge as they must be. "I think I have made up my mind Kivuli" she told him before he took her any further "It is true what you said to me all those weeks ago - I'm not cut out for a life in the roguelands..and this does seem like a nice place to live..so if they'll have me...I'd like to stay"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:55 am
Kivuli nodded in agreement, the performances did take a lot of preparation to put on and watching them practice gave you only a small glimpse into all the work it took. At her comment about the scholars he gave another nod. "The scholars are indeed very wise. It is a rank that is obtained through many years of study and practice, though not all can obtain such a rank." He himself had at one time considered the rank, but the rank of a Noble was his true calling and continued on his family's tradition of fulfilling the role of nobility in the pride.

He brought his paws to a stop, looked at Phy and a smile crossed his maw." I am glad to hear that. And I know the King would be more than happy to have you within the pride." Though she had agreed to join there was one final decision she needed to make. "Your hide is the color of the Nobles and as such that is a rank open to you if you wish. It is an easy life, we attend meetings mostly, see to the King and his needs and on occasion travel outside of the pride to look for new members. Now it is your choice whether you take this rank or another." For her sake he hoped she would pick the life of a Noble as he thought it suited her best, but Kivuli could not make that decision for her.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:05 am
Phy shifted her paws slightly at the question he put before her, they had touched upon this subject of course...back when he had first told her of the pride and the fact that her purple hide made her special to these lions was well..an odd thought. Phy had never really thought of herself as particularly special before. It was a nice thought...though she also knew that such a role came with a good deal of responsibilities. Well..she could learn right?

"You did say you thought it would be for the best..." Phy told him uncertainly before remembering her earlier plan to learn how to stop second guessing herself all the time "Yes..I think that will work for me.."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:12 am
"Yes, it certainly is the best option for you." He agreed with a nod and then smiled when she came to the same conclusion and agreed to such a rank. "Noble it is then. Come along then, I'll show you around the Noble mountain." He began to walk again, leading her towards the higher portion of the mountain, occasionally stopping to introduce her to another Noble. As they reached the area that housed the dens he showed her to ones that were available to choose from, and from the look in her eyes he knew they were far more grand than she was used to out in the rogue lands. It would take her some time to get settled and adjusted into the pride life but Kivuli was confident she could do so and perhaps get over her shyness as well.  

She-Ra of Etheria

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff