Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The General Forum
I have an idea for a thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Hell Tutor

Tenacious Hellhound

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:22 am
I was thinking about suggesting a week of mourning for Mavdoc's absence.
I made a rough sketch of what the thread's content would be.
Maybe add a few links for reference to journals and such.
Quote:
Mavdoc was fired has most of you know.
It was said he will do a "come back" once there's conditions for further developing the game.
Has the zOmg! Development Team grows thinner I can't help but think something is off.

It was said that there would be more efforts to further implement zOmg! into the rest of the community, have more of zOmg! elements present in further plot (a.k.a. the comics, has there was never much of a plot in gaia's stories) and etc.

Neither protesting nor contributing with neither our money or our ideas seems to be helping to compel those who run gaia to develop this game.

There are things only time will tell.

For now I would like to suggest a week of mourning for Mavdoc's absence and all previous turn downs we have faced since nearly since zOmg!'s first months of it's creation.

What can you do?
Dress your avatar in black during this week and add a message to your signature like "goodbye Mav" that sort of stuff.

What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:16 pm
I would be down for that. I think it's a great idea.  

SetsunaEternal

Battle-ready Brawler

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:20 pm
so it is an obituary  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:06 pm
When would this happen exactly? =)  

oxocherryblossomsoxo

SetsunaEternal

Battle-ready Brawler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm
I would assume sometime this week? Or possibly starting this coming dev meet and running until next week at the same time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:19 pm
I would notify my guild.  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Nanenna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:50 pm
Quote:
Mavdoc was fired as most of you know.
It was said he will do a "come back" once there're conditions for further developing the game.
As the zOMG! Development Team grows thinner I can't help but think something is off.

It was said that there would be more efforts to further implement zOMG! into the rest of the community, have more of zOMG! elements present in further plot (a.k.a. the comics, as there was never much of a plot in Gaia's stories) and etc.

Neither protesting nor contributing with our money or our ideas seems to be helping to compel those who run Gaia to develop this game.

For now I would like to suggest a week of mourning for Mavdoc's absence and all previous let downs we have faced since nearly zOMG!'s first months of its creation.

What can you do?
Dress your avatar in black during this week and add a message to your signature like "goodbye Mav" that sort of stuff.

A bit of editing for grammar, though I find the way you put it a little stilted. ESL?

Either way, I'm already down for that. I saw one person doing it in z!F and decided to wear what I could myself. I'm prepared to stay this way... if only I could afford any of the tear items. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:35 pm
Nanenna
Quote:
Mavdoc was fired as most of you know.
It was said he will do a "come back" once there're conditions for further developing the game.
As the zOMG! Development Team grows thinner I can't help but think something is off.

It was said that there would be more efforts to further implement zOMG! into the rest of the community, have more of zOMG! elements present in further plot (a.k.a. the comics, as there was never much of a plot in Gaia's stories) and etc.

Neither protesting nor contributing with our money or our ideas seems to be helping to compel those who run Gaia to develop this game.

For now I would like to suggest a week of mourning for Mavdoc's absence and all previous let downs we have faced since nearly zOMG!'s first months of its creation.

What can you do?

A bit of editing for grammar, though I find the way you put it a little stilted. ESL?

Either way, I'm already down for that. I saw one person doing it in z!F and decided to wear what I could myself. I'm prepared to stay this way... if only I could afford any of the tear items. crying

Thank you, I really wanted someone to check out my grammar. XD
I'll post the thread at the zomg forum at the time of the next dev meeting.
What should be the title of the thread though?  

The Hell Tutor

Tenacious Hellhound

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:25 pm
I hate to do this but ninja Sadly I think that Zomg is going to die a slow death UNLESS we get more people playing it. Protesting firing of someone..I think will not work the way you want it to. GAIA will smile, nod and move on. Protest doesn't work unless there is a majorty behind it and even then it has more then 50% chance of failing. By what I mean by majorty is, getting every single (damn) player of Zomg to protest with you. Then you will have a higher rate of succeding.

HOWEVER..Devil's advocate here; I can't really blame them. GAIA is a business first, website second. Zomg isn't making them a lot of money right at the moment. So in order to keep ZOMG techinally alive (Which is what everyone wants) they have to cut back. When a business isn't making money you have to cut back, in order to break even. (Incase you don't know the first step in having a business is 'breaking even', second is making money, as much as possible.) Which would you rather have? NO ZOMg? or Laying off a couple people?

Simply put there is no way for Gaia to win, its either laying off people or getting rid of a essential part of the website that has become part of the identity of GAIA as a whole.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 am
Ravens, so you think it would be untasteful of me to post this thread in the forums?  

The Hell Tutor

Tenacious Hellhound

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 pm
No, not all go right ahead. Its a free country and all I just wanted to state my two cents. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:35 am
XD I understand.
I have the same opinion about this subject but right now I'm on a bit of a down mood and since about this many people said yes, I'm posting the thread.  

The Hell Tutor

Tenacious Hellhound

The General Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces