Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drawing a Day Guild! Improve Your Drawing!

Back to Guilds

Reply Kingdom of Chatterboxia!
opencanvas session ftw?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:53 pm
anybody up for an opencanvas session? we could do a group, maybe four(or less, or more) people. i think it would be fun, only requirement is that you have opencanvas 1.1 (its free, i can provide a link). i can also give instructions on how to host/join an opencanvas session, if you want it.

so...anybody want to?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:56 pm
That sounds awesome!

I would like to know how this works 3nodding

and that others join in too <3  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:45 pm
actually, the host can set the maximum number of people allowed to enter so its all good. and the page size, and amount of layers too!

instructions here

id play host, but i dunno why a friend of mine couldent connect. i think it might be my computer network/firewall not allowing others in (because its by IP). somebody else has to volunteer for that,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:12 pm
; A;

That looks so cool!

I will check out hte instructions and check out OpenCanvas----am kind of afraid to add another art program on my computer though so it might be a while before I actually launch anything sweatdrop

So you can't go----I'll try my best to see if I can fix or help the problem. It might be the whole connection thing from server to client and there might be some fuzz between client and ISP to server which might also be the problem (IP could be it, maybe too much ping?)  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 pm
i highly recommend opencanvas. i can link you to the last free version and installation instructions that include how to change the language (originally its japanese but you can change it to english)

yeah, i think it might be my IP. thats why i dont want to host, i dont want any problems sweatdrop

but opencanvas, i find it amazing. its so flexible! search opencanvas on deviantart, lots of tips tricks and tutoriols cmoe up- as well as some art made on OC!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 pm
I didn't realize it, but I had opencanvas 4.5---- sweatdrop

I can't believe I actually looked forward to OC5 and hten like forget entirely that I have that program sweatdrop

but like the network feature is lost with 4.5----as far as I know. I want the lower version though---with the nice network feature <3

Yeah! I want to look up what cool tutorials and resources I can nab off of Da 3nodding  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:18 pm
nah, dont get newer versions. its pretty much making you pay for something you get free already, though im guessing the newer ones look neater all the tutorials, tips, and tricks are for the free version--1.1

yeah, i cant belive they took off the network feature with the new ones! i like that feature, itsw great for collabs!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 pm
The newer ones remind me of MyPaint---it's a little bit more difficult to use for something that is somewhat more expensive and not at all as customizable as say Easypainttool Sai, Photoshop Cs, IllustStudio, or Pixia. It's interesting nonetheless.

BUT DAMN. I hope that OC v5 has the network feature again.  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

Kingdom of Chatterboxia!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas