Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
UPDATE FROM GAIA PANEL-GUILDS ARE SCREWED AGAIN? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 am
Seems guilds are going to be screwed again for a very long time since the developers that were assigned to do guild updates and enhancements are no longer with Gaia. And all developers, what few there are now, are all working these three projects. According DJ Helsing aka Chris- there are very few developers anymore. WHERE IN THE HELL IS ALL THE MONEY THEY ARE GETTING FROM CORPORATE SPONSORS AND GAIA CASH CARDS GOING ANYWAY THAT THEY ARE FIRING AND NOT RETAINING OR HIRING DEVEOPERS???????

LANZER'S PET PROJECTS ARE GOING TO BE WHAT GET ALL THE ATTENTION:

MONSTER GALAXY
This is in Beta testing on Facebook right now- It's a Pokemon Rip=off game- the critters are based on the Zodiac and don't evolve. You have 3 MOGA that you can use at a time- at least for now. It's an okay game. Once the bugs are worked out in Facebook, it will be brought to Gaia. Go there and try it out. There are two worlds now to explore and fight and CAPTURE (note Catch) Moga. Their idea of Poke Balls are STARS. They are balls with little comets attached to them. There are some glitches- like everytime I try to catch a specific little guy, it freezes my game. Oh well, I guess that's why they are beta-ing it in Facebook.

FISHING
Then there's the updated to Fishing. New poles like the Angelic Pole, and new fish. Again- Lanzer wants that update, so Lanzer gets that update.

ZOMG!
They are fixing problems there, doing lots of updates. I don't personally play it, but they are improving it. Some glitches are being worked out. What can I say?

You can comment on Gaia's Facebook page about the game or anything else regarding Gaia on their Facebook page, just like I have.. And I would recommend that any CRITICISM you have you put there. It's all roses there now, and that's not painting an accurate picture of how ALL Gaians feel about Gaia right now!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:40 am
i really wish gaia would stop starting new stuff all the time and just try to fix or finish something that needs to be worked on  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 pm
Fishing and zOMG are both due updates ... just to play devils advocate. zOMG has NOT performed half as well as Gaia expected and as such the company has been rather burned by it, did you know less then 5% of the total userbase uses it? I mean, I think it's a pretty s**t game myself so ...

Gaia's present MD doesn't give a s**t about any of us, we're better off keeping our heads down and waiting for the next one.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:07 pm
Again, what Lanzer wants, Lanzer gets- and that's that. Screw guilds because Lanzer doesn't give a damn about guilds.

And the corporate sponsors want money so cash shop is going to get updates before anything else.

So- games and cash shop will get all the attention.

And according to DJ Helsing, we are down a lot of developers. Tell me, how in the hell they expect anything to get done if they keep laying off/firing developers?

I am about to give up.

Oh and while I have my soapbox here:
WHAT IN THE HELL IS WITH USING FACEBOOK: DO THE OWNERS OF FACEBOOK NOW PLAN ON BECOMING THE NEW OWNERS OF GAIA?  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:09 pm
D: I hope not.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:40 am
Most of the devs have been cut from zOMG which to me was a massive waste of time and resources for little reward; it's a boring game that out and out requires interaction with others (do NOT want).

I've mellowed a bit about this, I will be fine as long as the guilds are left alone for now, sure they're not perfect but they're not troll ridden like the rest of Gaia.

Sure they're in decline but we loyal few will always prefer them over the forums and I'd rather have the loyal few then the ignorant masses.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 am
well i know a few zomg regulars have been complaining that zomg has been ignored by devs recently, i dont know how true that is since i have no interest in zomg and dont keep up with whats going on

and i had no idea people sill played the fishing game. maybe im a stick in the mud since i never play any of the games on gaia xd  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:21 am
Apparently less then 5% of the total userbase play zOMG so it's really NOT a viable part of the site to focus on over say fishing or the guilds.

Fishing's always been surprisingly popular, never understood it myself but clearly lots of people love it.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:26 am
i could never get into either.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:10 pm
Pilotslover
Apparently less then 5% of the total userbase play zOMG so it's really NOT a viable part of the site to focus on over say fishing or the guilds.

Fishing's always been surprisingly popular, never understood it myself but clearly lots of people love it.

According to Swarf a Dev behind zOMG! Pan might not have been speaking clearly about that 5%.

swarf
Angel Seraphiel
yeah but panagrommmic said that there is only like 5% of gaian's playing zomg x.x

I think he didn't speak clearly there. There's only 5% or so who are hardcore and spend. But that's true of Gaia as a whole. Any feature only has a few hardcore types. So i don't really get what he's saying. 25% of Gaians play zOMG. And 40-50% of the spending on Gaia is from people who play zOMG. So, it seems like a critical community to me.

Nerevar Telvanni

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:34 am
Nerevar Telvanni
Pilotslover

According to Swarf a Dev behind zOMG! Pan might not have been speaking clearly about that 5%.

swarf
Angel Seraphiel
yeah but panagrommmic said that there is only like 5% of gaian's playing zomg x.x

I think he didn't speak clearly there. There's only 5% or so who are hardcore and spend. But that's true of Gaia as a whole. Any feature only has a few hardcore types. So i don't really get what he's saying. 25% of Gaians play zOMG. And 40-50% of the spending on Gaia is from people who play zOMG. So, it seems like a critical community to me.

Doesn't change my point in the slightest ... zOMG is NOT popular compared to the guilds, I would like to bet more people use the guilds in a sustained manner then zOMG.

What I was trying to say is that zOMG is no more deserving then any other part of the site yet it had a full dev team for longer then any other part of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:49 pm
Lanzer had another one of his Monday night gripe sessions on the forums and Panagrammic is the one that actually answered my complaints about the guilds being shafted again. At his request, I sent him a link to the 4 stickies that the previous developers started and were working when they were canned/laid-off/fired/quit.

Let's see if he actually does anything with them now.

Oh and I sent him a formal invitation to join the guild.
whee  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:31 am
mamarita
Lanzer had another one of his Monday night gripe sessions on the forums and Panagrammic is the one that actually answered my complaints about the guilds being shafted again. At his request, I sent him a link to the 4 stickies that the previous developers started and were working when they were canned/laid-off/fired/quit.

whee

i love you right now  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:53 am
Shanna66
mamarita

whee

i love you right now

redface  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Epileptic Eclipse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:21 pm
I think the baseline is that everyone from the top just wants in for the money.
It's up for the people to keep spending.
As long as the money is rollin' they really don't give a cent about anything except the target audience or whatever you want to call'em.

Then again, aside from all these corrupt projects. This site still is a fine place to socialize..  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff