Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Crimson Shadow (Dunegons and Dragons Guild)

Back to Guilds

Dungeons and Dragons Pathfinder 3.5 

Tags: DnD 3.5, Dungeons, Dragons, Pathfinder 

Reply DnD/PF Game Threads
Talisa's Memoir

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PurpleMage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:20 pm
Background

Talisa

Her only and original name she calls it. She says her surname died with the last of whom she considered family. "Adopted" into a small noble family, her father only admitted to their blood relation on his deathbed. He wasn't horrible to her, truthfully he treated his daughter with a cold decency which was still more then what most others gave her. Talisa was provided with an education, a home, and an even life were she wasn't hunted down. Despite that, as she grew up, Talisa was vicious, prideful, and even sometimes violent- which earned her an infamy which followed her into her adult years. It wasn't until she matured out of that phase after several consecutive punishments that she willfully strived to make use of herself.

Trained to be a personal protector, several religious believers noticed her natural affinities with both swordplay and magic- after which each one goaded her to devote her life instead to being a champion of their God. Each time she gave them a partial piece of her attention before declining each one- good, evil, lawful, or chaotic; she had no interest in being restricted by any deity. Not one to be wasteful, one day she decided to try the techniques she'd learned from each sect... surprising herself when she realized she could use both the "sacred" affect of positive energy and the "profane" ability to create negative energy without needing to pray to any God. Quietly she practiced what was certainly heresy to any cleric by herself, honing the ability over the years.

To her family, she devoted her life to them. Above all she placed Duty as her main motivation for all of her actions. It didn't matter if she was asked to protect a villiage from bandits or covertly burn another for housing traitorous elements. It was no concern to her if the head of the house was gracious and openhanded or vile and greedy. People had said things about her in a full spectrum of colorful terms over the years each mainly ignored or tucked into the corners of her mind. It was the same for her relations outside the family... rarely lasting but always affablely polite.

It was a blow when the last heir died. There was turmoil in the house, secret trysts and coups were formed. Talisa had expected the result of all the infighting, but it still left her empty to see her family rip itself apart. Nothing was left there, the land and riches were divided greedily between the servants as Talisa took on her original name and disappeared from her ancestrial lands.

Appearance
It is rare to see Talisa with anything less then a suit of nearly translucent Full Plate and an unapologetic frown. She stands with an honest poise, surprisingly elegant yet firmly planted. Her eyes are Golden green and reptillian. Purplish black scales line plenty of her cream skin. Her set of horns, claws, and wings all give away her mother's Shadow dragon traits. She wears no symbols, only designs on her armor.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:56 pm
Had to sleep facing the skies again. Why? Why in the Nine Hells do others immediately assume I'm an actual dragon when I sleep on my belly? Maybe its because I like physically holding onto my belongings before I drift off... Maybe because I like sleeping in pitch black areas. And maybe because they want some excuse to steal my gold and buy their way away from the undead. They're my belongings and if you touch them I'm obligated to rip off an appendage of my choice.
*A lines worth of incoherent-yet-obviously-infuriated scrabble*
Okay... okay. Its obvious I haven't had a good nights sleep. But its tiring- full armor on and everyone looks expectantly at me as if I'm some sort of knightly savior. Armor off and then they look at me as if I caused the problems they want to be rescued from. And topping it all I can't run, sit, sleep, or fly invisible without ditching my personal effects.

Well, I can console myself- they don't know me, I'm too far away from home that place. Lets just see who I'll be working with in this camp of curs and mercenaries. Personally, its the smell that always gets me. A creature could be a horrible disfigured monstrosity, but if they smelled like anything better then absolutely nothing (or better) I wouldn't blink an eye. I digress, just looking at this gloomy tavern makes me wish to think of anything that would distract me from it.

Page 1

PurpleMage

DnD/PF Game Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces