I has a happy :3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:48 pm
So after being on back order since December I contacted the company I was ordering AR-7 parts from. This morning we got notification that our order has been shipped. Some time next week I should be getting a heavy barrel, collapsible stock, a 9x scope, and rings. biggrin

Now I just need to wait for the gunsmith to reassemble the trigger job to the Marlin and see if he ever gets our revolver fixed.

EDIT: The new parts are in and the rifle has been reassembled  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:49 pm
I just got back from the gunsmith. I've been really impatient with them. I just found out the gunsmith shop is pretty much just a weekend job. They've been working 60 hour weeks and haven't had much time on the weekend to take care of business.

They reassembled the trigger job but it's missing a couple C clips. In it's current condition it could be put back in the rifle. The clips are for the sear axle or something that keeps the hammer cocked. If that pops out I've got a .22 machine gun. xd It just so happened they were out of C clips so I checked all the hardware stores. They didn't have any small enough so the gunsmith ordered some new ones.

As for the revolver it's so old they don't even make the parts for them anymore. Makes sense because my grandpa got it before my dad was even born. Anyway he's going to have to make the parts himself so it's probably going to be pretty expensive.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:12 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
The clips are for the sear axle or something that keeps the hammer cocked. If that pops out I've got a .22 machine gun. xd
And this is, for all intents and purposes, a Marlin Model 60, one of the most popular .22 rifles on the market today? Man, I wonder why the ATF isn't all over that like they were with the whole shoelace debacle.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:31 pm
Shoelace?  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:55 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Shoelace?
Yeah, there's a hack for the M1A, M14, and Minis -14 and -30 that allows you to tie a shoelace around the charging handle, loop it around the trigger, and pull it with your finger to essentially bump-fire the gun. At one point the BATF had ruled that any device capable of making a rifle into a machine gun was in and of itself a machine gun, and the gun-owning community pointed out that since a shoelace is capable of doing this, every man, woman, and child in America owns at least two unregistered machine guns.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:04 pm
who wants to try the shoelace trick with a cobray pistol?  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:12 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
I don't think it'd work... the charging handle is in the wrong place. You MIGHT make it work with an AK-pattern weapon though, but I'm not certain it works with a pistol grip.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ETA: Oh god, someone has GOT to do this with a Garand. BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGPING.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:34 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
I don't think it'd work... the charging handle is in the wrong place. You MIGHT make it work with an AK-pattern weapon though, but I'm not certain it works with a pistol grip.

ETA: Oh god, someone has GOT to do this with a Garand. BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGPING.
This has no shoelace that I can see, but is still a fully automatic Garand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQrtzSdVDo  

Private Sanders

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:02 pm
Jackie Flores
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

This has no shoelace that I can see, but is still a fully automatic Garand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQrtzSdVDo
it's a semi auto garand. it's being bump fired  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:23 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Shoelace?
Yeah, there's a hack for the M1A, M14, and Minis -14 and -30 that allows you to tie a shoelace around the charging handle, loop it around the trigger, and pull it with your finger to essentially bump-fire the gun. At one point the BATF had ruled that any device capable of making a rifle into a machine gun was in and of itself a machine gun, and the gun-owning community pointed out that since a shoelace is capable of doing this, every man, woman, and child in America owns at least two unregistered machine guns.
Ah ok. Yeah when I read this I mentally pictured the demotivatior.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:41 pm
The parts came in today. I'll post pics later.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:33 pm
URL to picture is now in first post.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:29 pm
What hath science wrought?

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:49 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Can't Mac-10 pistols be made automatic with the removal of a simple screw?  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:57 pm
Fresnel
What hath science wrought?

User Image

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff