Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:02 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWuYtvzxuLE

This is a good channel to subscribe to if you like chemistry. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:53 pm
yeah these guys are kool... they've gone through and explained almost everything about chemistry xd

NurdRage also has alot of kool semi-simple at home things such as home made glow sticks, and other kool principles of chemistry along with alot of production of feedstock chemicals such as nitric acid, sulfuric acid, and others so u may want to check him out as well  

Maddness91

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 pm
so basicallly what they are saying is by nitrating some glycerin you end up with dynamite, well nitro glycerin I mean.

smokeless powder contains a hell of a lot of nitrates.... just saying.
it's why gunpowder makes an awesome fertilizer  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:10 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
so basicallly what they are saying is by nitrating some glycerin you end up with dynamite, well nitro glycerin I mean.

On a molecular level that's precisely it.

xd I can't tell if you're serious or joking about the fertilizing with gunpowder. Makes sense to me but I don't know what other crap is in smokeless powder that might be toxic. It makes me think about Fight Club when they put the sign on the billboard that looked like a message from the EPA saying you can fertilize your lawn with motor oil. rofl  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:14 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985

On a molecular level that's precisely it.

xd I can't tell if you're serious or joking about the fertilizing with gunpowder. Makes sense to me but I don't know what other crap is in smokeless powder that might be toxic. It makes me think about Fight Club when they put the sign on the billboard that looked like a message from the EPA saying you can fertilize your lawn with motor oil. rofl
not joking at all,it actually works pretty good.

hey! now I know what I can use all of my old mauser rounds for now. since I dont have any other use for them  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:41 am
smoekless powder isn;t really the best fertilizer, as it has mostly nitrocellulose as it;s primary explosive... regular black powder is potassium nitrate (a great fertilizer) sulphur (some plants like it most plants don;t care) and carbon (yay dirt kind of) so idk about useing the smokeless powder, but BP is definitely a decent fertilizer (remember this when trying to grow crops when re-populating the world wink )

that being said, if u dump nitric acid on an dead tree (preferably recently alive) some of it would be turned to nitrocellulose... yay exploding tree stumps...  

Maddness91

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:16 pm
Maddness91
smoekless powder isn;t really the best fertilizer, as it has mostly nitrocellulose as it;s primary explosive... regular black powder is potassium nitrate (a great fertilizer) sulphur (some plants like it most plants don;t care) and carbon (yay dirt kind of) so idk about useing the smokeless powder, but BP is definitely a decent fertilizer (remember this when trying to grow crops when re-populating the world wink )

that being said, if u dump nitric acid on an dead tree (preferably recently alive) some of it would be turned to nitrocellulose... yay exploding tree stumps...
The sulfur was my concern for the black powder. I thought it was toxic and I wasn't sure how much of it is in bp.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games