Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Well I'll be damned: 1911 learnings and Hellsing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:57 am
I was going around looking at some custom guns in movies and anime and came across Alucard's pistol from hellsing. It said it was a 1911 style gun, but the .gif it showed had the spring and stuff all together in the upper before it was all put together. At first I was like "BULLSHIT a 1911 doesn't go back together that way!" and moved along. Well fast forward to earlier today. I was putting my gun back together and thought about that again. So I figured, what the hell, I'll try it that way. Damn if it didn't go back together faster and easier. Main point being that the swivel piece that attaches the barrel to the frame can't fall over if you point it down. Was I missing something this whole time, or did they really put that much research into the series?

Figured I'd pass that along.

One more thing, though not a Hellsing related learning; I found that the magazine makes a great tool to take down a pistol with afull length guide rod. Won't scratch it up like a screwdriver and you don't have to buy any special tool for FLGR.

The .gif in question:
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:16 pm
I would like to see an actual working model of a .454 Casull 1911. I'd imagine it could be scaled down to LAR Grizzly size but it'd probably have the same issues of unbelievable recoil and destroying the return spring.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:22 pm
wonder why alucard is using semi wadcutters for...I mean if they explode it doesnt really matter anyways.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:49 am
Recon_Ninja_985
wonder why alucard is using semi wadcutters for...I mean if they explode it doesnt really matter anyways.
They looked to be silver so no doubt they explode.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:00 pm
To answer the question posed by Man of the Demoneye, there is a major gun cult in Japan. I used to see a Japanese language magazine at the Tower Records periodical rack when it was open.

Some of their photographs of guns were finer than our best magazines. Pity I can't read the various Japanese language characters. I'm sure their research is quite extensive.

Take the works of Masamune Shirow for example. Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell feature some of the best detailed guns I've seen in anime. And let's not forget Cowboy Bebop.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:40 pm
Floyd
To answer the question posed by Man of the Demoneye, there is a major gun cult in Japan. I used to see a Japanese language magazine at the Tower Records periodical rack when it was open.

Some of their photographs of guns were finer than our best magazines. Pity I can't read the various Japanese language characters. I'm sure their research is quite extensive.

Take the works of Masamune Shirow for example. Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell feature some of the best detailed guns I've seen in anime. And let's not forget Cowboy Bebop.
too bad it's forbidden by law for anyone without a license to even lay a finger on a gun within japan.

well unless theyre active police or JSDF  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:50 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
They looked to be silver so no doubt they explode.
idk. I thought all of his rounds were explosive so I dont see why the projectile would be semi-wadcutter or anything other than FMJ.

I just dont see the point. FMJ would feed most reliably AND contain more of the explosive compound. and full blown wadcutter or hollow point wouldnt make sense much either.

sort of an odd choice.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:59 pm
Floyd

There is some show in Japan I stumble on it on youtube from time to time where they shoot various guns and test things but it's all in Japanese. They are gun nuts but because of their laws many just play with Airsoft. I was watching Cowboys on the Outdoor Channel and they showed some Cowboy Action Shooters from Japan. Their guns were incapable of firing anything but special ammo like wax bullets or most likely just blanks I think it said. Im guessing just blanks they were shooting balloons apparently Cowboy Action shooting is very popular even to the Japanese.  

Wolf Nightshade

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:17 pm
Ill just leave this here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunsmith_Cats  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:43 pm
Wolf Nightshade
Floyd

There is some show in Japan I stumble on it on youtube from time to time where they shoot various guns and test things but it's all in Japanese. They are gun nuts but because of their laws many just play with Airsoft. I was watching Cowboys on the Outdoor Channel and they showed some Cowboy Action Shooters from Japan. Their guns were incapable of firing anything but special ammo like wax bullets or most likely just blanks I think it said. Im guessing just blanks they were shooting balloons apparently Cowboy Action shooting is very popular even to the Japanese.
Oh, that's blanks. We do the same thing here in the states, except on horseback. It's called Cowboy Mounted Shooting.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I also hear that the Japanese are actually a force to be reckoned with on the competition field, even though they only train with Airsoft.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:13 pm
Another thing to consider is that a lot of Japanese nationals have relatives in the U.S.

One of my closest buddies was only 2 generations away from his family in Japan, and they visited for months at a time. And they were gun crazy. He'd take them to gun ranges and fix them up. I'm sure a lot of Japanese nationals come here through their families and get their fix of real guns.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:03 pm
According to what I read the Japanese can get Shotguns for sporting reasons but have to go through a lot to get them. They have to lock the gun separate from the ammo and the police must know all of the locations of these locked up guns. According to this they even have a lot of restrictions on air guns. Rifles were outlawed in 71 and after the original owner dies their heir must hand the rifles over to the police. I have seen in various Japanese anime that people have Shotguns and not the more military style ones. I have also seen a lot of Japanese with Airsoft guns.

Japan and Guns  

Wolf Nightshade

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces