Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Somebody made a real life buster sword!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:57 pm
....And it fails.

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/ca1d0bc6-2076-4069-8a37-b1d06c4e711a.gif

Maybe I'll just stick with a rapier.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:02 pm
I once saw a fairly good replica of Lightning's gunblade for sale in a shop when I was in Gatlingburg, TN. I also saw a cheap replica of Seifer's Gunblade (they were probably going for Squall's but failed and it looked more like Seifer's), as well as a wooden replica of the Kingdom Key from KH, the Hylian Shield from LoZ, a hollow mask from Bleach, and some other stuff I think.  

Arcosi Knight

Girl-Crazy Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:13 pm
They have replicas of a lot of that sort of thing. I once borrowed my dad's (real) calvary saber for halloween. : )  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:45 am
ContrabassClarinetist
They have replicas of a lot of that sort of thing. I once borrowed my dad's (real) calvary saber for halloween. : )

Dare I ask who you were cosplaying?  

DM Draco Moondragon

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Alice the Loving

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:18 pm
A sword of that size and thickness would be rather dull to begain with. It would take alot of force to slice something in two and practice to do it.
But it did look nice though.
Oh and I saw Kratos' blades too  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:32 pm
DM Draco Moondragon
ContrabassClarinetist

I wasn't cosplaying anything actually. My niece had conscripted me into her army of fairies for halloween (See the book Fablehaven by Brandon Mull) and I went all out. I had a sword belt and everything. (People still asked me if I was Tinkerbell despite the fact that my outfit actually covered my skin and Tinkerbell is an unarmed sissy.)  

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MythicalRealism

Romantic Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:09 pm
That video was pretty entertaining lol  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:58 pm
ContrabassClarinetist
DM Draco Moondragon
ContrabassClarinetist

I wasn't cosplaying anything actually. My niece had conscripted me into her army of fairies for halloween (See the book Fablehaven by Brandon Mull) and I went all out. I had a sword belt and everything. (People still asked me if I was Tinkerbell despite the fact that my outfit actually covered my skin and Tinkerbell is an unarmed sissy.)

I see. Sounds pretty cool.  

DM Draco Moondragon

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:01 am
Hahaaa, well, I say if the blade didn't break on impact, it can't be that big a fail. I actually have a replica of Kadaj's Souba, and I love it, but I am definitely not going to to try actually hitting anything with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:23 pm
well...that wasn't proper impact...sword fell from his hand and dude just used most of his strength to hold it up and did not actually power the swing...probably the size of the damn thing took him out of balance...
to avoid that, some lighter metal should be used, it should be able to slice and dice stuff with sword like that, even if it's softer than the metal used to forge this buster sword^^ my opinion, not fail, just needs some more practice with his swings ^^...install this thing to your wii controller and start playing dragon quest, that should be a good training lol  

itainandatebayo

Clean Pants

13,725 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items