Submit

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:46 pm
probably going out tomorrow or the next to find a decent affordable pistol for 400 dollars or lower. definitely want it priced lower.

buying with future carry purpose in mind as well. i've already singled out a few, just wondering what you guys think would be good.

my eye's on a PF9  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:55 am
Don't look to me. All the handguns sold in my local shops are used.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:59 am
I thought you needed that $400 to pay some bills or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:10 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
I thought you needed that $400 to pay some bills or something.
I have 930.

got 300 or 400 for a pistol, portion of the remainder goes to expenses and I keep what's left out of that. unfortunately I didnt have anything else I could really honestly give up without feeling REAL bad afterwards.
AR's are plentiful, I can buy a better one later.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:51 pm
Wait for the extra two hundred to buy something better than a Kel-tec handgun.

Triggers are chewed s**t on them.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:37 pm
Pripyat Dawn
Wait for the extra two hundred to buy something better than a Kel-tec handgun.

Triggers are chewed s**t on them.
yeah, I noticed that today when I was trying them out. it's like a goddamn semi auto revolver type pistol. screw that.

I went ahead and drank the glock kool-aid and bought a 3rd gen G26.. a bit more than I planned on spending but oh well, ******** it. I always liked the g26  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:56 pm
Was going to say save a bit more and try a Glock 19, but okay.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:15 pm
ArmasTermin
I like the 19 too but I wanted something that is concealed easier. i'm a very thin built guy, so something that's even a little too big is going to print quite a bit.

plus I can use whatever 9mm mags I want.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:52 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
ArmasTermin
I like the 19 too but I wanted something that is concealed easier. i'm a very thin built guy, so something that's even a little too big is going to print quite a bit.

Yeah, it's a good way to go. I was considering one pretty hard for a while. I just think they're too wide.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 am
ArmasTermin
Recon_Ninja_985
ArmasTermin

Yeah, it's a good way to go. I was considering one pretty hard for a while. I just think they're too wide.
Yeah, I just got in a new tuckable holster for my G19 (I don't plan on tucking, it's just a very nice holster), and I'm still having some trouble concealing it. If you were looking for a gun, you'd see it, but it hides it well enough that it'll pass a casual glance.

On another note, Ruger just started selling a slightly upscaled LCP in 9mm; they call it the LC9. Might be a good small carry gun.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:34 am
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Recon_Ninja_985
ArmasTermin

Yeah, I just got in a new tuckable holster for my G19 (I don't plan on tucking, it's just a very nice holster), and I'm still having some trouble concealing it. If you were looking for a gun, you'd see it, but it hides it well enough that it'll pass a casual glance.

On another note, Ruger just started selling a slightly upscaled LCP in 9mm; they call it the LC9. Might be a good small carry gun.

I checked that out online last night. Looks to be exactly what I wanted in a lightweight, concealable, but still shootable 9. Buuuuut... now I like the 442 so much, so screw it. I'll put it on the list. It is a neat gun. But it's too soon anyway. There's probably no holsters for it, and I don't like the idea of buying a first-run. Let them get all the kinks worked out before I stake my life on it. Don't have to worry about the 442, or even consider the possibility of a malfunction, as long as the Hillary Hole doesn't screw me over.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:32 pm
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Recon_Ninja_985
ArmasTermin

I checked that out online last night. Looks to be exactly what I wanted in a lightweight, concealable, but still shootable 9. Buuuuut... now I like the 442 so much, so screw it. I'll put it on the list. It is a neat gun. But it's too soon anyway. There's probably no holsters for it, and I don't like the idea of buying a first-run. Let them get all the kinks worked out before I stake my life on it. Don't have to worry about the 442, or even consider the possibility of a malfunction, as long as the Hillary Hole doesn't screw me over.
just buy some sheets of kydex and make a holster. xp

it's really easy, theres videos on youtube that will walk you through it.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items