Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Sovasu, Kitsune (nogitsune) - Ready Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:33 pm
User ImageAMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM
Name: Sovasu
Nicknames: Sovas, Vasu

Faction/Race Nogitsune/Demon, or better known as a Kitsune.

"Stories depict them as intelligent beings and as possessing magical abilities that increase with their age and wisdom. Foremost among these is the ability to assume human form. While some folktales speak of kitsune employing this ability to trick others—as foxes in folklore often do—other stories portray them as faithful guardians, friends, lovers, and wives." ~Wikipedia

Personality: A young boil that can be a quite, but very talkative once someone would ask about his interests (literature, astronomy, meditating, or rituals). He enjoys sleeping during the day and staying up until the sun rises over the horizon. He loves to study the stars and watch them move along the dark blue sky as time passed on. He is a wiccan, but never would want to try to convert anyone or preach to them about his beliefs. Even after his parents had died in a terrible accident, he believed that everything must have happened for a reason. He usually can be caught listening to Celtic music or something from the renaissance era.

Ghouls?
Sovasu never really had a sister in his life, but had neighbors that had a few ghouls of their own. He was charmed by how they learned different spells and how each family had their own different way of using magic. His family was about voodoo and 'witchcraft', but the other family used runes and scripts. He wished he had a sister to love and cherish, but he only had one other brother before his parents passed away.

Someone like me...
He always wanted to me a female kitsune to understand the different forms of magic and traditions. He didn't have any sisters while growing up as a child, but knew that females were even more powerful than males in his family. But other types of animal based ghouls and boils would be a sight to see. He would enjoy learning about other kinds of shapeshifters or demons that shared a familiar trait like himself.

Mom... Dad... I love you...
There was no such word as "I hate you" to his parents. He loved them dearly and was completely crushed when he had learned of their misfortune. From that day on he never wanted to let go the fond memories he had of them. He had a stronger bond with them than his siblings, but never once became jealous when he would see the others get attention. He would always do what he was told and tried to keep on their good side.

History: As a pup, Sovasu would always get into trouble. It was more of the "curiosity got the best of me" kind. It was just the little things when it came to getting in trouble. On occasion he would fall into the bowl of cookie dough when searching for some bits of candy that where left on the counter. He'd get into the fridge late at night, but would end up being stuck in there until someone heard him scratch at the insides. Sometimes he would be caught with some dead birds in his little nest. He was never labeled as a bad kid, but usually found trouble wherever he went.

Wha s'at that Mama?
Over time, trouble seemed to pile on the little pup as he started to grow even more curious than before. One late Moonsday, his mother and the elder kitsune had been working on the ceremony for right of passage, or adulthood was the better term. Once a pup has reached a certain age, they go through a ceremony to show they were old enough and wise enough to be considered an adult. A doll is used, completely white and human-like. The index finger of the chosen is pricked with a needle to leave a drop of blood onto the doll. A spell would be cast onto it, causing a faint glow around it, and creating it into the likeness of the donor's spirit. This ceremony had been passed down from generation to generation of the girls in the family, but Sovasu was an exception since most kits don't live to the adulthood age. The doll morphed into what looked to be just like him. As the years went by he was able to receive tribal tattoos onto his back and arms. If he had grown into a strong and wise kitsune, he would be able to tattoo his face to show that he was an elder.

What does it mean?
It's a rare genetic default in his family's bloodline. The elders usually call it a gift from the Goddess, Nyx. Only a few select members of his family have the odd eye or the 'gift'. It's a bit harder to see out of the eye alone during the day, but it works wonders with his fear and during the night as well. He would be able to see in complete darkness, but only in use with his fear. Black sclera, white iris, and black cat-like pupil. It was rare to find a male kitsune of his family bloodline with this trait. Only females had been known to be blessed with the gift.

Mother...Father....Why did this happen?
Death of his family, an investigation was made on his parents death when there was a 666 call from the mother's eyephone. But it was too short to hear anything they had said. Boogeymen believed that someone must of caused the accident before hand. There had been a report on possible damage to the brakes before they had returned to their car that same night. He felt alone, afraid, and cold after that day had pass. He would ask the goddess why it had happened, but he only kept telling himself that it was because everything happened for a reason. He knew his parents loved him dearly, but he truly missed them. He could feel their presence at night when looking up at the moon. He always trusted his instincts to the dot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:04 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? To study along the lines of what an 'unnatural' student would learn. To grow into someone that others can depend on, even if it meant his own life.

FEAR: Voodoo

Year One: Blocking out any light, he can use his magic to create pin needles to cause physical harm to his opponents, but could end up hurting him as well. Would last for a short amount of time. - Minor to no damage

Year Two: Magic has grown stronger, but would still cause harm to the user. Lasts for a longer time. - Minor to medium damage

Year Three: Has excelled in magic and tolerance to pain. Now can create needles that would cause no harm or pain to the user. Last for at least a minute or longer and creates minor - heavy damage.

Natural ability: Shifting - changing into his kitsune form, could be used in battles.

Physical Description:
Eye Colour: (For right eye) Iris: white, Sclera: pitch black, Pupil: black. (For left eye) Iris: deep blood red, sclera white, pupil black
Hair Colour/Style: Male's style in either red or black (CC)
Skin Colour: pale or CC
Clothing Style/Colours: Shirt/long sleeve - colors as seen ( Colorist can add markings of their choice), Pants - Colors as seen (Can add rear image as well)
Extra: Single red tail with black tip marking, pair of red ears with black tips, skull pin (CC)
References: See art post

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:30 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
References:
flat colored chibi By Naked Satan (Bought by Bloodlust Dante)
By Kuro-Mizu
By Ravvlet
By sleepZombie
By Beejoux
Beejoux again <333

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:41 am
I think you mostly need to expand more on his personality - why does he go insane if someone gets close to him? (how insane given that the school has a large population and being near others is going to happen XD)

What does he like doing? Can he make friends, does he want to?

And the voodoo doll, is that something only he can use or would another student be able to get a hold of it and use it to hurt him; why does he inflict self-punishment on himself?  

Sayuri_Nitta

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 pm
These are some excellent question, Nitta!
I'll be sure to answer them in my form.
Thank you >w<  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:08 pm
Added more to personality, thanks to Nitta!
More critiques please?  

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:29 pm
bump  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:15 pm
do do doodo  

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:37 am
bumping  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:58 pm
anyone?  

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:09 am
Art from Naked Satan
Bought by Bloodlust <333

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:32 pm
Updated with more personality and Clarity on his fear.  

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:53 am
anyone?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 pm
Okay, so usually I don't like this type of character (crazy scares me, aaaah!) but his color scheme and design just outright grabbed me so I totally want to know more about him. >w>

I'm not so good at crits, but here I go P:

-you mention his "insanity" a lot but I feel like I didn't get a good understanding of it from what you said. What kind of insane is he? Perhaps expand on the specifics of this a bit more since it seems to be a major part of his personality. What happens when he 'goes crazy', how did it start, is there anything anyone can do to help him aside from being 'friendly', what specific ways does it affect him (vision, hearing, physical movement etc.)?

I personally would dedicate a whole section to it, but I do over-explain. A lot. XD

-You mention his parents using a voodoo doll to torture him when he was little. This seems like a really important point, so I'd love to know more about it, perhaps why they did it (was it their culture? was he misbehaved? is it something their species do for training? did they have any motives other then just punishing him to be mean?) and why a voodoo doll of his kitsune form specifically? Is that part of their culture too?

-As Nitta bought up, the school is going to be FULL of kids. Not everyone has to get along with everyone of course, but how would a situation go if he was with someone he didn't like and refused to talk? Would it just end quickly with him running away? You mention him trying to make himself appear evil to ward away people from his insanity, but how long would this make his general encounters last? Character development might be difficult if he fights everyone away rather quickly, so he maybe needs a reason to talk to other students outside of them having to come and harass him? But I would love to see him evolve over time in RP into a stronger, happier, healthier kid <3

-More species informationnnn ;o; *grabby hands* I've never heard of a Nogitsune, and information on how this species variation impacts his personality / history / powers would be awesome~

Ahh sorry this turned out so long, I was actually more curious then critical I think X'D *wants to know lots more about him* but I hope it helps!

Crit back~? <3

_ggone_________________

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:43 pm
*bows*
This is going to help me alot, Hostel!
I'll fix it and crit back when I have the chance.
Thank you so much!
I'll make sure to have you read it again ;D  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas