Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
So many Steyr AUGs to choose from. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:07 pm
So, I'm working on a modern military RP guild. I'm thinking of using the Steyr AUG as a standard issue infantry rifle. Here's the thing:

There are variants up the a**.

I love the A3 to death, and want it badly, but what other variants are worth adopting to go along with the A3? I see several machine guns. Are any of them any good? What about the sniper rifles?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:23 pm
I wouldn't pick a bullpup as a LMG because you can't use drums. I've seen an AUG with a beta c but it didn't look like you could even shoulder the thing.

It's kind of pointless to buy the sniper variant because it's a .223 caliber rifle when the A3 gets the same effective range of an M4. Unless the AUG has a 7.62mm variant sniper don't even consider. Just get a M14 variant as a designated marksman rifle.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:52 pm
What if I wanted a modified G3 instead of a modified M14 for a semi-automatic sniping weapon? Just as good?

New Beretta: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_90two

Would this in .40 cal be any good as a standard issue sidearm?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:53 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
I wouldn't pick a bullpup as a LMG because you can't use drums. I've seen an AUG with a beta c but it didn't look like you could even shoulder the thing.

It's kind of pointless to buy the sniper variant because it's a .223 caliber rifle when the A3 gets the same effective range of an M4. Unless the AUG has a 7.62mm variant sniper don't even consider. Just get a M14 variant as a designated marksman rifle.
User Image

it can be done.

just cant trust the cast iron cartridges this chinese gun fires...  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:41 pm
Private Sanders
What if I wanted a modified G3 instead of a modified M14 for a semi-automatic sniping weapon? Just as good?

its a 92 with a different look. glock would be better.

the airforce just started issuing glocks to certain groups of the USAF like PJ's,and maybe security forces.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02 am
Private Sanders

Hell no a G3 isn't better than an M14 DMR. It's no where in the ballpark of being a better weapon.

@Recon: I wouldn't compare the stock of an AUG to a QBZ-95. The only drums made for an AUG are the STANAG drums used for M16s and they go straight downwards and don't curve to the side. So it's kind of awkward to shoot.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:16 am
Valkyrie Hatter

I don't think the AUG has a 7.62 variant at all though I often wonder why not.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:48 am
Das Rabble Rouser
Valkyrie Hatter

I don't think the AUG has a 7.62 variant at all though I often wonder why not.
It'd be kick a** if there was.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:47 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders

Hell no a G3 isn't better than an M14 DMR. It's no where in the ballpark of being a better weapon.

@Recon: I wouldn't compare the stock of an AUG to a QBZ-95. The only drums made for an AUG are the STANAG drums used for M16s and they go straight downwards and don't curve to the side. So it's kind of awkward to shoot.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Literally the only picture I can find of the AUG drum. I think that they just came out with it, so there hasn't been time for it to hit market. If you don't use the drum, though, it's either a 30- or a 42-round stick. They need to do the FAMAS thing and drop proprietary mags already.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:39 am
Would you buy the AUG drum mags?

What about a SIG P226 in .40 calibre as a sidearm? Or anything in .40, really.  

Private Sanders

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:50 am
Private Sanders

I'd just avoid the AUG as a LMG. I get what they were trying to do, and they gave it a good go, but a failure is a failure.

There is no right answer.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:27 am
Fresnel
Private Sanders

I'd just avoid the AUG as a LMG. I get what they were trying to do, and they gave it a good go, but a failure is a failure.

There is no right answer.

User Image
Wait, so all pistol rounds are shitty?  

Private Sanders

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:29 am
Surprised that Anon didn't go on a rant about the .50 AE.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 am
So, what about handing out Steyr AUGs or MP7 PDWs (depending on the situation) instead of submachine guns? Good idea? Should pilots and vehicle crews be issued MP7s?  

Private Sanders

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:42 am
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Literally the only picture I can find of the AUG drum. I think that they just came out with it, so there hasn't been time for it to hit market. If you don't use the drum, though, it's either a 30- or a 42-round stick. They need to do the FAMAS thing and drop proprietary mags already.
Well they have an adapter for STANAG.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces