Reply Q&A (Are YOU using this?)
Freaking A , I need adivce ._.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Bawwls

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:12 pm
I found my deceased dad's Armi fratelli tanfoglio mod ta76. 22LR.

Well, Found the lock for it with no keys......

Lucky it was unloaded or there would be a hole in the wall >_<

I put the safety on and checked the cylinder, its modeled after the colt peace maker form what Im seeing. Single action.

Should I clean it ? Any tips aside me going out to the range to shoot when Im older? i don't have any ammo, so no problem there.

Well, I remember my dad's last words any tools in the house is mine. I guess I could call it a hand me down. It he served in the army for awhile and a also found a 9mm magazine in the garage, so Im guessing he went Akibo XD. Well, I guess I'll pass it on after generation to my kids.

User Image

Too lazy to upload a pic from my camra, so I found one photobucket.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:36 pm
If possible, Is there any manuals or videos to field strip the thing?

I'll be happen if you could find one.  

Captain Bawwls

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:43 pm
My advice would be to give it to me. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:07 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
My advice would be to give it to me. wink
NUU MINE. scream  

Captain Bawwls

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:13 pm
But seriously .22 is cheap. Should be less than $20 for a block of 500 rounds. Make sure you remove all the ammo before you clean it. That is common sense though. Before firing check the cylinder to make sure it locks firmly when the hammer is pulled back. Not much else I can think of to say.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:11 pm
I might be able to tell you how to take it apart. First push in the button on the left side under the barrel. It should be on a spring. When you push it in, pull out the rod holding the cylinder. The cylinder should be able to be let out to the right with the loading gate open. You might need to have the hammer at half-c**k or all the way down. Just try until it works. Buy a .22 caliber gun cleaning kit and run some bore solvent in a patch down each chamber in the cylinder and down the barrel, then run dry patches until they come out clean. Then a few more patches with oil. Also scrub any carbon deposits off the end of the cylinder and make sure the sharp nubs in a circle in the middle of the chambers are clean--that's the surface the cylinder hand presses on to turn the cylinder. Lastly run a light coat of oil over the entire outside with the gun assembled and wipe it down with a lint-free cloth. That's about the most you'll ever need to do to clean an SAA style revolver. And it should keep for another hundred years or more if you take care of it.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:24 pm
ArmasTermin
I might be able to tell you how to take it apart. First push in the button on the left side under the barrel. It should be on a spring. When you push it in, pull out the rod holding the cylinder. The cylinder should be able to be let out to the right with the loading gate open. You might need to have the hammer at half-c**k or all the way down. Just try until it works. Buy a .22 caliber gun cleaning kit and run some bore solvent in a patch down each chamber in the cylinder and down the barrel, then run dry patches until they come out clean. Then a few more patches with oil. Also scrub any carbon deposits off the end of the cylinder and make sure the sharp nubs in a circle in the middle of the chambers are clean--that's the surface the cylinder hand presses on to turn the cylinder. Lastly run a light coat of oil over the entire outside with the gun assembled and wipe it down with a lint-free cloth. That's about the most you'll ever need to do to clean an SAA style revolver. And it should keep for another hundred years or more if you take care of it.
Patches are for sissies.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've never had to give a barrel more than three passes to get it mirror-clean  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:59 pm
Pvt Sakuya

I put the safety on
woah, woah. slow down.... what safety?

also. NEVER ever attempt to field strip a revolver.

field stripping and safeties are for autos.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:52 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Pvt Sakuya

I put the safety on

>>loading gate  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Pvt Sakuya

I put the safety on

>>loading gate
the loading gate works as one?

even if it does are you positive it would function exactly the same as a standard SAA for all .22 knockoffs?  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Pvt Sakuya

I put the safety on

>>loading gate

even if it does are you positive it would function exactly the same as a standard SAA for all .22 knockoffs?
Not in reference to the safety, in reference to field stripping. You can't clean any revolver with a loading gate without stripping it, that's why it's so easy. Open the gate, press the button, remove the rod, and the cylinder drops out.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Pvt Sakuya

I put the safety on

>>loading gate

Not in reference to the safety, in reference to field stripping. You can't clean any revolver with a loading gate without stripping it, that's why it's so easy. Open the gate, press the button, remove the rod, and the cylinder drops out.
oh phooey, of course you can clean it without stripping it. just leave the gate open and brush/wipe out each chamber turning to the next dirty one each time. easy mode.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:17 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Pvt Sakuya

I put the safety on

>>loading gate

oh phooey, of course you can clean it without stripping it. just leave the gate open and brush/wipe out each chamber turning to the next dirty one each time. easy mode.
You have to push the brush all the way through and into open air, otherwise it destroys the brush really damn fast. This is true of the barrel as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:55 am
Fresnel
Patches are for sissies.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've never had to give a barrel more than three passes to get it mirror-clean

I found that WalMart has the cheapest price on this item. Picked one up and tried it. Now I'm a believer.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items