Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Skillet Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all Skillet fans, new and long time! Come join the fun! It never ends! 

Tags: Skillet, Christian, Rock, Band, Music 

Reply The Official Skillet Guild
Urgent read: You need to hear this Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:12 am
I being in the mail list of skillet will just copy and paste this message.

panheads, fans, friends, and rockers,

What's up everybody? We have just returned home from Australia, New Zealand, and Japan, where we had an awesome tour! However, as we are taking a little time off, we have a sad message to share with you. Our long-time guitarist Ben Kasica is going to end his time with Skillet. We have had 10 years working together, and it has been an amazing ride! From the years we spent driving through the night in a van; to playing concerts all the way around the world, I've seen Ben transform from the kid who was nervous to play a guitar solo, to the rocker who now plays a solo...with his teeth! I always knew the time would come for Ben to leave and pursue other dreams, and now it is here. We are a family and we are going to miss him. We appreciate how hard he has worked for us and wish him the best in his life off the road. We have asked Ben if he would like to give a message to the fans, being that I'm sure all of you would like to hear from him, and of course he did:

Hello panheads. After 10 amazing years of playing with Skillet, as John has told you, I will be leaving the band. This has been an incredible journey for me. Joining the band shortly after turning 16 and basically growing up on the road, I had no idea how long the ride would last but have enjoyed it immensely and been thankful to God for everything I've been a part of. We've traveled to loads of places, met many many wonderful people, drunk way too much coffee, made tons of memories and hopefully touched lives with eternity. I feel completely blessed and honored to have been a part of Skillet's history. I want to thank John and Korey for the opportunity of a lifetime. They've been encouraging, compassionate, long-suffering with me and it's been what's kept me going on all these years. I'm grateful for their years of input in my spiritual, personal and business life. They're amazing, inspiring hardworking people that i have the utmost respect for. I wish them the absolute best in their future in and outside the band.

After getting off the road, I will be focusing on building my other companies, producing and developing artists at Skies Fall Studios and designing for LifeLoveMusic Clothing. I also look forward very much to being home and catching up on churchlife, family and friends.

I want to thank you panheads for 10 years of incredible support. You've been encouraging over the years and made touring an amazing experience. You are the absolute best fans ever.

Thank you
Benjamin Judah Kasica

We appreciate Ben's work , we love him, and wish him the best in his music and various business ventures. Thanks to all of the fans for your support, and we will see you all soon on tour!

Stand and be strong,
John Cooper

basically.... Ben is leaving after 10 freaking years gonk this just sucks cry  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:11 pm
I KNOW!!! i just got the e-mail and i was like OMG!!! it's so sad!!!  

d0nt 4sak3 m3

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:41 pm
d0nt 4sak3 m3
I KNOW!!! i just got the e-mail and i was like OMG!!! it's so sad!!!
I know!! and ben is awesome too crying  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:09 am
When I read the e-mail yesterday, it literally brought me to tears. That rarely happens. I'm like super depressed now.  

ZombieKaiju
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:32 am
Axxerous
When I read the e-mail yesterday, it literally brought me to tears. That rarely happens. I'm like super depressed now.
yeah, I mean lori just left 2 years ago, and ben has been in the band the longest. (John doesn't count cuz he made it)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:40 pm
actually Korey has been in the band longer than Ben. She was there during Invincible, and Ben didn't join until the very end of recording Alien Youth.  

ZombieKaiju
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:58 pm
Axxerous
actually Korey has been in the band longer than Ben. She was there during Invincible, and Ben didn't join until the very end of recording Alien Youth.
yes, but korey wasn't full time xd  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:19 pm
Its unfair when great bands have to break up or when a band memember has to or wants to leave the band. crying .  

SlayaWinters

Shadowy Genius

5,550 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:17 pm
ChanceMarina
Its unfair when great bands have to break up or when a band memember has to or wants to leave the band. crying .

nah, that won't happen, lori the drummer left around 2 yrs ago, and now jen is here smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:25 pm
Philonious
ChanceMarina

nah, that won't happen, lori the drummer left around 2 yrs ago, and now jen is here smile

Hmm ok 3nodding . Hopefully Skillet will find another awesome guitarist. I also wish Ben the best of luck razz He shall not be forgotten smile .  

SlayaWinters

Shadowy Genius

5,550 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Dangerous Conversationalist

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:49 pm
X.X THE HORROR!
DXXX  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:19 pm
ChanceMarina
Philonious
ChanceMarina

Hmm ok 3nodding . Hopefully Skillet will find another awesome guitarist. I also wish Ben the best of luck razz He shall not be forgotten smile .
I'm just mad he left a rock band to make rock clothes -_-  

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

SlayaWinters

Shadowy Genius

5,550 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:29 pm
Philonious
ChanceMarina
Philonious
ChanceMarina

Say what? rock clothes? seriously neutral ?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:31 pm
ChanceMarina
Philonious
ChanceMarina
Philonious
ChanceMarina

yeah, looks like it. here. Ben: After getting off the road, I will be focusing on building my other companies, producing and developing artists at Skies Fall Studios and designing for LifeLoveMusic Clothing.  

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

SlayaWinters

Shadowy Genius

5,550 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:51 pm
Philonious
ChanceMarina
Philonious
ChanceMarina
Philonious
ChanceMarina

yeah, looks like it. here. Ben: After getting off the road, I will be focusing on building my other companies, producing and developing artists at Skies Fall Studios and designing for LifeLoveMusic Clothing.

Hmm sounds like he knows what hes doing.  
The Official Skillet Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff