Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scratcheee
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:46 pm
[Edit: DNB]

Read the lastest articles on Public Service Announcement. Filled with juicy safety tips and advice from us!

=================================
Recently quite a few guild members have had their accounts hacked. So here is a small "guide" to follow to hopefully prevent you from being hacked
Quote:
If you wish to keep your account and all of your hard earned items I will dispense this advice.

YOU MUST HAVE A BANK PIN

Having a bank pin is your last line of defence of getting hacked. reporting your acct as hacked shuts it down before they can gain entry to your bank if you have a pin. They are going to sell your items for real money and your account if they can. They don't care if it is reclaimed.

Jagex has not and never will ever contact you via email for anything ever period. Did i say never ever ever never ever never ever never ever. Please repeat that 500 times have a drink of water and say it 500 more. They conduct all business in the game. I repeat, thru the game.

Keep your password info and your recovery details safe and secure and up to date.
Don't use obvious pass words. Use your jagex pass word on jagex only never any other site ever ever ever.

Do not use swift kit or third party software
Do not get curious and visit gold sites or botting software. they will be used to hack your info and install loggers.

If you get hacked you must report your problem as quickly as humanly possible. that will ensure it is shut down before your bank is accessed.

Jagex will be able to figure out that suddenly you switched locations or countries when an account is hacked. They are not standing by with enough folks to handle every concern immediately. That is why a bank pin was made. It is your last line of defence.

few more things, make sure you keep up to date recovery questions, a registered email, and don't use the same password for other sites.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:04 pm
Id also like to add in that if you think your password or pin has been compramised or almost compramised.
Change it immediatly, I suggest changing both.

I have a paranoid friend (god hes paranoid) and he changes his password every 3 months....and even he has been hacked. Dunno how or why.

Thats all I have to say.  

kalenakeeper

18,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Generous 100

Doctor Nitrus Brio
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:09 pm
Handling Guild Drama

Guild Drama is one thing the Guild is trying to avoid at all times. But, there comes time when there is. But all of it can be avoided and limited by following a few advices and suggestions. Here are a few suggestions on how to deal with unnecessary headaches.

1-2-3 Warning
-------------------
1 warning is enough to stop any issues from starting or continuing. Please give out a warning. If you are uncomfortable what is being said or done please speak out. Promote the Guild and Runescape Rules.
If more than more one Warning is used please inform a Crew Member asap. If action not taken, screen shot the conversation (As much as you can, the more the better) and send it to a fellow Crew Member.

Ignore List
---------------
Use the ignore list that is implicated by Jagex. It is best not to carry on the conversation as you can be forced out of chat and maybe off the game by Jagex. Because you never know who will report a person for their behavior to Jagex.

Talking Privately
----------------------
Talk to the person you are having the problem with in private, either in-game, or in a message on Gaia. If the person doesn't reply or doesn't want to talk. Simply add them to ignore and enjoy clan chat and the game

Ranting
--------------
If you get to the point of ranting, it is best to log off the game and walk around.
Many people don't like reading rants. If you feel like ranting you can write a message to any of the guild mods, you can to me (Ofcourse) and God, (Koinonia).
Simply writing out a rant can calm a person down. It gives you time to think about the problem and how to handle it. But don't send the rant right away. Wait a few minutes and decide if it is really needed.

Guild Mods
---------------
Guild Mods, Crew members, can't simply ignore members who are disruptive in chat. But we do have the power to take more action than 1-2-3, such as kicking that person(s) out.
If a Guild Mod is the problem, please Message KING or OfCourse ASAP. Screen Shot it. Just because we have power doesn't mean you don't.

Be the Bigger Person
-----------------------------
By doing any/all of these tips makes you the bigger person. We all want to have fun both in the game and in chat. But childish behavior won't let you have fun. By being the bigger person, you show maturity in your actions and decisions. You have that power, use it.

Remember to always follow all the rules. RuneScape , Gaia , and in the Guilds .  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:02 am
This is a simple update to this, some of you know that my account (scratcheee) has been hacked. So here are a few things I went through to help you all out.

1. Facebook log in - Use this? Don't. although it is a quick and easy way to log in, if anyone hacks your FB then they can get into your RS account with just a click of a button.

2. Keep track of your membership - If you use a credit card make sure you write down the day you first started using that card. If you use the RS game cards, keep the card in a safe place until the membership is over

3. Bank Pin - Change your pin every so often

4. Password - Use a strong password that includes capitol letters, lowercase letters and numbers to make it harder to guess.

5. Recovery Questions - Keep your recovery questions up to date and when you set them, put a copy of the questions & answers on a cd or flash drive or something and put it in a safe place.

6. RS Toolbar - This seems like a stupid one right? Its not. I noticed I was hacked when I seen that some odd things were trying to be sold on my account in the GE. So if you don't have the toolbar yet, get it. You can download it right off the RS website, or if you use chrome like me, Rsig.eu created a safe version for it which you can download here.

7. Make close friends - Make trusted friends in the game that are active that can let you know through another website or over the phone/text if your account is on when your not there.

scratcheee
Vice Captain

Unkn0wn192837465

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:34 am
scratcheee

4. Password - Use a strong password that includes capitol letters, lowercase letters and numbers to make it harder to guess.

I'll just leave this here... cool

http://xkcd.com/936/  
Runescape

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces