To spend my tax refund this year

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 pm
I am getting a deer semi-auto in 308 this year...new or used I have about 500-700 for that...will get scope and other stuff needed before deer season this year. But I also want a handgun, a new CZ P01 in 9mm is about 560...that would use up all my refund. Any one recommend getting a used handgun? I went around the local stores and no one has any CZ's...and most glocks in 9 or .40 are around the same...around 500. I know the CZ 82, the surplus ones are cheap...like 200. and the 9x18 is a okay round...would this be good to learn and get used to a handgun? local store has round for around 12 or 15 for a 50 round box. and I might use this to open carry in WI. Any money saved will be used for ammo, scopes/mounts. and maybe a little left can get my saiga 5.45 that I'm still waiting for converted to a pistol grip and other stuff.

any other low priced new/used handguns? and not like 25acp stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:13 pm
a hungarian PA63 is about the cheapest handgun you'll ever find.

it's in 9x18 makarov.

a nagant revolver is cheaper, but costs a bloody fortune shoot and utilizes a weaker bullet than 9mm.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:16 pm
Recon_Ninja_985

it's in 9x18 makarov.

a nagant revolver is cheaper, but costs a bloody fortune shoot and utilizes a weaker bullet than 9mm.
not a huge fan of revolvers...and yeah the nagnat when cool is not much of a carry gun.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:23 pm
SpeedmanRC
Recon_Ninja_985

it's in 9x18 makarov.

not a huge fan of revolvers...and yeah the nagnat when cool is not much of a carry gun.
it just sucks in general. lol  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:51 am
Recon_Ninja_985

it's in 9x18 makarov.

I second the PA-63, they're about $160, and rather heavy (which I personally rather like), but feel really comfortable.

I'm thinking of getting a PPS as a new carry gun, personally, but I'm not sure if I want to shop around in person or online. Anybody know how much bullshit and/or fees is involved in FFL shipping? I know fees vary from dealer to dealer, but on average.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:47 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

it's in 9x18 makarov.

I second the PA-63, they're about $160, and rather heavy (which I personally rather like), but feel really comfortable.

I'm thinking of getting a PPS as a new carry gun, personally, but I'm not sure if I want to shop around in person or online. Anybody know how much bullshit and/or fees is involved in FFL shipping? I know fees vary from dealer to dealer, but on average.
fees for having an FFL do a transfer should be around the 20 dollar range. it's really all up to them on what their price would be.

give your local dealer a call and ask how much they charge  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers