Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:32 pm
User Image
^ a link to a video ^

So as we know the movies can make a noisy .45 quieter than a pellet gun when in reality they do not reduce the noise that much. We still encounter people who assume that the "silencer" works as the movies depict. Rather than explain how the movies are wrong we can just show them this video.

Most videos where a suppressor is used don't have a weapon without a suppressor to show how much noise is reduced. This video has two identical guns (minus the suppressor on one) and the same ammo.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:35 pm
Yeah it really isn't that big of a deal at best and this is just my opinion as I have never used a suppressor. At a distance it may make it harder to determine the location and distance of whoever is shooting at you. If I were sneaking around I would like one regardless of the fact it doesn't cover the noise as much as we would like. Most people don't care about truth they simply like to dictate how they feel things should be based off whatever media comes the easiest. People think it's so silent no one could possibly hear the shot in a crowd making it extremely deadly in the hands of the average citizen.

Desert Eagle silencer supersonic vs. subsonic ammo  

Wolf Nightshade

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:39 pm
Wolf Nightshade
Yeah it really isn't that big of a deal at best and this is just my opinion as I have never used a suppressor. At a distance it may make it harder to determine the location and distance of whoever is shooting at you. If I were sneaking around I would like one regardless of the fact it doesn't cover the noise as much as we would like. Most people don't care about truth they simply like to dictate how they feel things should be based off whatever media comes the easiest. People think it's so silent no one could possibly hear the shot in a crowd making it extremely deadly in the hands of the average citizen.

Youtube code doesn't work in guilds. If I want a silent kill I'd probably use archery or more likely a knife.

Good find on the video though.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:42 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Wolf Nightshade

Youtube code doesn't work in guilds. If I want a silent kill I'd probably use archery or more likely a knife.

Thats stupid I was wondering why I had so much trouble..... Anyway is bothersome to carry a bow a gun and whatever else unless you have that AR crossbow attachment LOL.

Nice AK mod  

Wolf Nightshade

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:45 pm
Wolf Nightshade

Thats stupid I was wondering why I had so much trouble..... Anyway is bothersome to carry a bow a gun and whatever else unless you have that AR crossbow attachment LOL.

Nice AK mod
Yeah gaia has done all sorts of s**t to the main forums but guilds remained unchanged for many years. Actually as far as I can recall the only change they've done to the guilds is letting guilds notify you when a thread has a new post or you get quoted.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:49 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Wolf Nightshade

Nice AK mod
Yeah gaia has done all sorts of s**t to the main forums but guilds remained unchanged for many years. Actually as far as I can recall the only change they've done to the guilds is letting guilds notify you when a thread has a new post or you get quoted.

Yeah I took a long break from Gaia due to boredom nothing has really changed most topics are the same crap everyday just repeated by different people. Only reason I got an account was because I went to tech school and had a few friends here so I got on to keep in touch. It was fun at the time but things just got boring thought the battle mode would be cool but it blows.  

Wolf Nightshade

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:40 am
Das Rabble Rouser
Wolf Nightshade

Nice AK mod
No, there was another change to Guild forums, but I can't recall what. At the very least, I remember that the smileys used to be on the left-hand side of the window, and now they're on top.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:42 am
Das Rabble Rouser
Wolf Nightshade

Good find on the video though.
Some special forces units still do this.  

Private Sanders

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:53 am
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Wolf Nightshade

Nice AK mod
No, there was another change to Guild forums, but I can't recall what. At the very least, I remember that the smileys used to be on the left-hand side of the window, and now they're on top.
Oh yeah now I remember that.

Still the point is that gaia barely touches the guilds when updating the forums.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:38 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Wolf Nightshade

Nice AK mod
Oh yeah now I remember that.

Still the point is that gaia barely touches the guilds when updating the forums.
I think there's a 1:3 ratio of updates between guilds and forums. TBH, I don't know why they don't update them both at the same time, but I expect we'll have working  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:47 pm
Fresnel
I think there's a 1:3 ratio of updates between guilds and forums. TBH, I don't know why they don't update them both at the same time, but I expect we'll have working
It's a lot less than that.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:50 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
This is quite possibly biased by the fact that my current forays into forums include Armas' "Sexiest Guns" thread, Shrantic's "Best Zombie Weapons" thread, and post-stalking friends, which 90% of the time is you. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:28 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
This is quite possibly biased by the fact that my current forays into forums include Armas' "Sexiest Guns" thread, Shrantic's "Best Zombie Weapons" thread, and post-stalking friends, which 90% of the time is you. xd
Awesome I have 4 stalkers! biggrin Makes me feel important.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Tell me more, please.  

Private Sanders

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:14 pm
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Tell me more, please.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/general-discussion/sexiest-gun-pics/t.65696509_1/  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff