Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
[Official] Generations

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:57 pm
So I read today over at Snooty Sims that 'Generations' is going to be the fourth expansion pack for the Sims 3. There is very little information about the game at the moment but it has been confirmed as you can view the system specs for the EP here> http://www.thesims3.com/game/ep4/systemreq
(Look, it says 'Generations' on the left under 'Games')

Snooty has this quote on his site as 'official expansion text':
"With Generations, Sims of every age can enjoy new activities! Kids can hang out with friends in tree houses. Teens can pull hilarious pranks. Adults can suffer midlife crises. And so much more!"

What are your thoughts? It sounds a little unfocussed to me, just more of a general EP adding a bit of everything, not that that's a bad thing. Actually it reminds me of 'Livin' Large' for the original Sims game. It was great but there was no overall theme.
I assume a lot of people will be disappointed that it's not a pets type pack.

wahmbulance NEW
Official trailer screenshots courtesy of SnootySims.
http://www.snootysims.com/extrasindex.php?id=generations  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:28 pm
Hopefully it will provide more interactions, and maybe more things for teens a lower to do.

It seems that adults are the only ones who get to have all the fun.

Vilified

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

elevator

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:08 pm
Interesting. I'd like to see what it adds to gameplay.. and what would be included in a patch.

Tree houses are great.. but not worth $50. Unless they add in a bunch of awesome, it so far seems like something I'd wait a few years to get confused  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:42 pm
It sounds interesting. At least it will give more interactions for the children and teens.

I am a bit disappointed that they haven't make a pets one yet. They need to hop to it.  

The FoxyTrot

Can i b ur savior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:20 am
I agree that they haven't made a pets thing but I do kind of like the idea they have for this EP. The adults have a lot of interaction to them anyway so it's cool that you can have the kids playing in tree houses instead of some boring slide and jungle gym. The teens pretty much have no life except school, homework, maybe a part time job, and then sleep. On the weekends is pretty much what the adults do so most of the time I don't fee like I'm playing a teen Sims character. So to me this EP seems cool enough to get. Although knowing me, no matter how stupid the EP is I always pre order a copy. Then I immediately had to my work to get it when it comes in and play it all night lol  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:39 pm
Okay, so according to SnootySims there was an official trailer up at Youtube only the link no longer works as it has since been removed. Thankfully though Snooty managed to grab some screenshots of the video! You can take a look at them here> http://www.snootysims.com/extrasindex.php?id=generations

I spy spiral staircases(!), a video camera (usable?) and an old man with a cane/walking stick.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

MingSao

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:58 pm
Seems like an expansion pack I can skip. Pets and Seasons, plz EA.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:04 pm
The trailer can now be seen!
http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2011/03/sims-3-generations-trailer-and-sims.html
My Sims 3 Blog has uploaded a copy for viewing.

There is also a video for The Sims 3 Unleashed on console.

Please keep this thread for Generations only. A new thread will be started for Unleashed.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:34 pm
New Generations screenshot uploaded to the Sims 3 facebook page can be seen at Snooty Sims> http://www.snootysims.com/generations/generations01.jpg

It shows spiral stairs, a pram/pushchair/stroller, and castle themed bunk beds!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:11 am
EA have now officially announced Generations. For those who are not on Facebook, here is the info;

Quote:
Enjoy a whole spectrum of rich life experiences with your Sims! Start off in the imagination-fuelled world of childhood and embrace the drama of the teen years. Experience the complicated realities of adult life, then reap the benefits of growing up in each life stage. A wealth of new options and activities makes your Sims’ lives more meaningful than ever before, whatever their ages. With new celebrations, dramatic life events, and all-new ways for your Sims to express their creativity, The Sims 3 Generations lets your Sims live life to the fullest!

TRAILER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwPzaX3AiPU

SCREENSHOTS - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=185607959953&aid=351987

KEY FEATURES

â– Sims of every age can enjoy new activities! Kids can hang out with friends in tree houses. Teens can pull hilarious pranks. Adults can suffer midlife crises. And so much more!
■Whether it’s a raging all-teen party while the parents are out, a high school graduation or an official wedding ceremony, new celebrations make every age more fun!
â– From bachelor party hi-jinks to getting in trouble for bad grades to hearing rumors around town about Sims who cheat on their spouses, hilarity ensues when new drama unfolds!
â– Sims will enjoy all-new ways to be creative including tinkering with chemistry sets, making their own home movies that they can watch on their own TVs, playing make believe as an astronaut, dinosaur, princess, and more!
All of the new activities, celebrations, and drama are easier than ever to remember and reminisce about with a new Memories system that keeps track of major life moments and also lets you share them on Facebook or your Sims My Page!

So it looks like Memories are being added back into the game. I'm not so sure I'm keen on the Facebook integration though.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

elevator

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:09 pm
Gah they had to add spiral staircases and bunk beds in this ep, didn't they? gonk Now I have to get it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:16 am
And now there's word that there won't be a world included. I've never flip flopped so much about an ep before.  

elevator

Friendly Friend

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:39 am
Here you go, more info all set out nice and neat like from SimsVIP.
http://simsvip.com/?p=775

I'm rather pleased there will be no new world.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 pm
The imaginary friends REALLY. FREAK. ME. OUT. Their design is just creepy.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:02 pm
Great expansion pack, I remember I played The Sims 3 for few days straight (of course rest in between) once I bought Generations.

To me having a chemistry table holds the fondest memory of Sims games. In The Sims 1, I let my sims make potions all the time! Experimenting & testing out different colours potions were great fun. Back then my search information on internet's skill wasn't high enough to search for things like that!  
The Sims 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games