Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
How to prove to my friend that the mods listen to us?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:44 pm
I have a friend, a fellow Vice Captain... I won't post his username here. He's under the impression that the mods, developers, admins, etc. don't listen to ordinary gaians or care one whit about our opinions. I've tried to speak of my experiences of the contrary, but he is doubtful, because he's reported some user for inappropriate content months or years ago and that user still hasn't been banned.

What should I do? How can I convince him that Fireside Chats are not an urban myth, that Panagrammic wants his input, that he should join this guild, etc.? I'm at my wits end because he's smarter than me and a lot more cynic.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:05 pm
I am one of the most cynical people you could ever hope to meet, I am well aware of this fact and on a whole I'm mistrustful of the developers here because they seem to lie a lot.

However, you can try directing him to the Site Feedback, sometimes Pan sticks his head up in conversations there or you could direct him to the first post in Rita's new thread.

Saying that, I'm not sure that I believe Pan yet ... I've been disappointed by apparently interested developers one too many times to believe everything they say any more.

He's probably a little like me and thinks actions speak louder then words.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Nikolita

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:19 pm
As a former mod, I can say that yes the mods and devs listen to users. However, there may be some factors going on behind the scenes that have resulted in him not being bad. Maybe someone had a different judgement call than he did and interpreted the incident differently. It's hard to say. But yes, Gaia staff does listen to the users.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:45 am
Since this is a private and not a hidden guild, you friend is welcome to come and poke around the guild. Have him/her look at the threads we have up, see the things we do, and the things that we have asked for and gotten. The guild announcements is a perfect example of what we asked for and got, and that didn't really take all that long. And if we got use of the treasury.... WOW!!!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces