Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Just noticed a glitch with member count.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cho Wan HalHabbet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:48 am
Not in my own guild mind you. But if you search for a guild called "The Dragonlance Society" you'll notice the member count is over four billion. However they really only seem to have eight members including the captain and crew.

Has anyone else had this problem or is this an isolated issue?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:30 am
There will be problems with member counts if guilds are bought/sold and membership lists are deleted. Even if members are deleted, the member count doesn't reflect that. It can go up but not down, however, this is definitely a glitch and I am sure that in a few days, it will be corrected.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Chaos_angel3

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:43 am
wow, rather strange. i have never seen it before O_O  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:29 pm
still showing over 4billion- and that's really funny because there have never been 4billion accounts on Gaia...  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Cho Wan HalHabbet

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:38 am
I'm actually beginning to wonder if this is a reproducible glitch? I mean I would love for my guild to have over four billion. I jest, I jest. But still it's interesting to say the least.

Even if they where guild botting, just letting a guild inviter loose on the forums I seriously doubt they could have ever had enough joins and abandons to warrant that high a number.

I've seen other guilds like this too, but not to this degree, typically it only happens with very very small guilds.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:50 am
Cho Wan HalHabbet
I'm actually beginning to wonder if this is a reproducible glitch? I mean I would love for my guild to have over four billion. I jest, I jest. But still it's interesting to say the least.

Even if they where guild botting, just letting a guild inviter loose on the forums I seriously doubt they could have ever had enough joins and abandons to warrant that high a number.

I've seen other guilds like this too, but not to this degree, typically it only happens with very very small guilds.
Perhaps Edy or Panagrammic would like to take a look at this and see what is causing it. I suggest you send the link to them to investigate and if you have any more examples, forward them too  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces