Welcome to Gaia! ::

FMG:The Future Mangaka Guild.

Back to Guilds

Aspiring manga artists and long-time fans of anime and manga,your haven is here. 

Tags: manga, anime, japanese, drawing, friends 

Reply The FMG Main
Art Contest?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What kind of Art Contest?
  Avi Art :3
  Fanart! X3
  Banner Contest? :D
  Other? >O>
View Results

The Haruist
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:05 pm
So I heard you guys want an art contest?
I was thinking we could do that,that could last a month or a few weeks,i'm just not confident that many (or enough) people would participate. ^^;;
This can definitely work out. And because it is a contest,there is prizes. I'm a rich Gaian. I can satisfy. XD There will be 3 runner ups,and so,3 chances to win.

I'm really not sure what to do for the art contest.
It's a little vague...so... I ask of you... what do you want?
Would you like an avi art, fanart, or something else kind of a art contest?
Whatever you guys like,I guess. I really am not the kind who knows what would work out for everyone DX  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:23 pm
I think that it would be fun to do avi art. Maybe you could make a couple tekteks that aren't too complicated but aren't to simple either. We could pick one to draw in a pic and then you could have people take votes on the other peoples artwork (can't vote on their own) and then you award the person who gets the most votes. To make sure no one votes on their own drawing you are gonna make them SAY their vote in the forum. I REALLY want to take place in this contest so please create it. blaugh  

SLAYDN

Garbage Friend

11,725 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Zenally

4,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:48 pm
Mmmm... I want to leave our imagination open a little more... Maybe draw an original character with a lose theme like Night or Love. Something to see all the different interpretations of your word. But the word can't be specific. That way you get really different entries.

And no entry fee. Just sayin'.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:48 pm
I'm not sure how things like baners things really work. Yet having something on our signature would be so cool . Maybe it could even let other people know about this Guild. I have made lots of posts already. I just found this Guild a few days ago!
I guess that I'm too sure how things work online so... sweatdrop  

Befunfire

Devoted Worshipper

12,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

EpicNixxi

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:50 pm
Zenally
Mmmm... I want to leave our imagination open a little more... Maybe draw an original character with a lose theme like Night or Love. Something to see all the different interpretations of your word. But the word can't be specific. That way you get really different entries.

I think this idea is really cool, either that or an avi art contest. This is mostly because I don't get how you'd do a banner contest. confused Could anyone tell me?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:03 pm
EpicNixxi
Zenally

I think this idea is really cool, either that or an avi art contest. This is mostly because I don't get how you'd do a banner contest. confused Could anyone tell me?

Yeah I like this idea too. I honestly have no ideas for a contest. lawl. >w< Buuuut, whatever has us create and draw is A-okay with meh.  

BroHanSein

Zenally

4,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:39 pm
xClubbed2Deathx
EpicNixxi
Zenally

Yeah I like this idea too. I honestly have no ideas for a contest. lawl. >w< Buuuut, whatever has us create and draw is A-okay with meh.

Well there are plenty of sites that walk you through making a banner and give you the image code for it, like bannermaker.com. They have they're adress in the corner but that's not to bad.

I would make the contest myself, but I have no prizes... TT^TT  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:25 pm
If its avi art, then please don't make an avi with too much detail. Either that, or enlarge the picture of the avi, somehow.

Also, try to put in a bit of what you want the avi to do or something about the avi itself.  

A Sojourner

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

II Striker II
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:35 am
Try this:
Make up a description of someone (sex, age, hair color, clothes, etc.) and then we all have to draw that same person. its cool cause everyone can make up their own version and you pick the best. or even better, dont describe some things like gender so that then the creations are more diverse. just an idea, hope it helped...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:08 am
II Striker II
Try this:
Make up a description of someone (sex, age, hair color, clothes, etc.) and then we all have to draw that same person. its cool cause everyone can make up their own version and you pick the best. or even better, dont describe some things like gender so that then the creations are more diverse. just an idea, hope it helped...

yeah that sounds like a good idea biggrin  

neko-mata-01

The FMG Main

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces