Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Booty grab update *more info added* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlphaBlonde87
Vice Captain

Romantic Vampire

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:14 pm
Panagrammic
Booty Grab CAPTCHA
There have been many complaints about marketplace inflation, and it turns out that one large gold source has been botting on BG. As a result, we're adding a CAPTCHA before you can play BG.

We're hoping this does not inconvenience players too much (since you have to hunt around for the tanks anyway), but it should greatly reduce the gold influx from the bots.

As always, we love to hear your opinions about steps we take in Site Feedback -- inflation and botting are difficult problems, and we hope to hear some good ideas as to the right way to deal with the issues.

Panagrammic
BG Update
Thanks for the feedback. We've created a thread in Site Feedback to try and centralize discussion. However, there were many good suggestions, and we've made some changes as a result:

- we've changed the CAPTCHA frequency to 1 in 4. We'll try this level for a while and see how people feel about it -- we can raise it and lower it as needed.
- since users with slower Internet connections / computers were complaining about missing tanks all the time, we've both slightly increased the number of maximum players in a game, as well as slightly increased the glow time.

Short FAQ:

Why not put the CAPTCHA at the end?
That is a good suggestion and something we will look at. However, the way the game is currently set up, the gold is granted at the end of the game, so a CAPTCHA after you've played would be too late to do anything.

Also: putting the CAPTCHA at the front of the game stops some classes of bots from jumping into the game -- which means it's easier to get tanks, since you don't have a bunch of bots jumping in before you.

Bots don't exist!
They do. I hate to give these guys more views, so I won't direct link, but a ten-second search will reveal tons of booty grab bots, with accompanying videos. We have a bunch of these in house and have confirmed that they do in fact work (or rather, used to work).

Why so sudden!?
We've been saying for a while that we have problem with BG -- you can see previous AtAs and such -- but we've seen a recent sharp spike in the amount of botted gold, and it has become a problem. Fixing bots is a labor intensive process by our amazing but overworked mod team: not only do we have to go through and ban the bots, but we have to undo all the transactions that the bot completed. This means going through trade logs, holding trading passes on people that received botted gold, so on and so forth. Stopping bots at the time of gold grant with a CAPTCHA is far more effective and a better use of everyone's time.

I'll change the OP in the feedback thread as more FAQs come up.

This is was from of the Dev notices.
So please do not spam Sacred or Es about the changes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:51 pm
Due to the update the resizer no longer works >.<  

Solnya

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:15 pm
Eh... I just tried it and it's not too terrible... Hopefully it won't give those impossible to read captcha's, though. Then I'd be more than irked. ">~>  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:23 pm
Blood Pop
Eh... I just tried it and it's not too terrible... Hopefully it won't give those impossible to read captcha's, though. Then I'd be more than irked. ">~>

Yeah I was kinder pleased actually.

But I really hate those impossible ones. I have to refresh them like 3x before I get one that's reasonable. D:  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Solnya

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:55 pm
Just fiddled with my resize script and you have to remove the ?* from the end of the included field... Or there's a way which you add a few more things in, but I'm lazy and just took the ?* out, I'll probably hit problems, but I'll fix them when I come to it sweatdrop

Ask Bunai for the longer version if you have problems 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:19 am
I've had a few problems with booty grab! I'll get a good amount of gold, and it won't regesiter! It will say I got no gold and my gold amount won't change! Its only just happened today, is it due to this?
But other than that, I think its a great idea due to inflation  

Baby Princess Belle

10,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

AlphaBlonde87
Vice Captain

Romantic Vampire

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:02 am
I agree too. I hope this will make mp prices go down some. As for booty grab glitches it could be because of the update. Not quite sure though.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:49 pm
God I hope this would make the prices go down, but I have noticed that I can still get 100k an hour from BG even with this new CAPTCHA thing. Interesting though.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

x-Kenna-Bear-x

11,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:52 pm
I hate this new system. I have never, since I acquired my dolphins, had so few players on my glows.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:55 pm
Before this capcha BS, I'd get over 10 players just about every game. Now I get 1 or 2. This is really hurting my tank profits. At this rate I'll have to start playing ZOMG or doing art commissions again, because I can't even break even with my tank now. It makes buying the fish pointless.  

Annie Felis

Aged Codger

neonchrome
Crew

High-functioning Ladykiller

21,150 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:39 pm
I'm really happy about the CAPTCHA thingy

For those of you with tanks.... ADVERTISE! Like post everywhere when you find out your tank is glowing  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:40 pm
Granted you may not be getting that many tank players then it might stabilize the marketplace, but I've been seeing tanks fill up still. Just make sure to advertise your tank like crazy. Post post post. Granted not everyone has the time for that, but make sure to post in every single thread you can where you will get noticed.  

Dance Heartbeat

8,950 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Annie Felis

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:44 pm
You guys are acting like I haven't advertised or anything, or haven't gotten my tank into numerous threads. I can't keep track anymore of all the places my tank has been invited to or posted in. This sudden decline in players is not my doing. My point is that the crappy blurry unreadable capchas at the start of every game are preventing players from playing my tank, so I only get a couple that through every glow.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:36 pm
Solnya
Due to the update the resizer no longer works >.<

I'm sure that Absol will soon make an update. :3
~King Awesome

King Awesomolocity
Crew

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

neonchrome
Crew

High-functioning Ladykiller

21,150 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:11 pm
Annie Felis

Okay. I'm sorry if I came off as mean. I didn't mean too.
We were trying to help. We didn't know you had advertised. How were we supposed to know?
Besides, its pixels neutral  
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces