Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese Academy

Back to Guilds

A virtual classroom where beginners can learn to read and write Japanese. New students welcome! 

Tags: Japanese, Academy, Japan, Learn, School 

Reply Roll Call
よろしく~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:12 pm
Nice to meet you all~ biggrin

I've been studying Japanese for quite a long time, both on my own and in high school/university. I studied abroad a year in Sapporo which was fantastic. I'm currently waiting to hear back from the JET programme and pending that, may or may not be heading back to Japan this summer.

So...I figure any bit of review helps! Also you can't get very far if the basics aren't rock solid. This guild seems to be pretty active and cheers to Starry for all her hard work  heart

よろしくおねがいします~  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:29 pm
Kai Shi

I've been studying Japanese for quite a long time, both on my own and in high school/university. I studied abroad a year in Sapporo which was fantastic. I'm currently waiting to hear back from the JET programme and pending that, may or may not be heading back to Japan this summer.

So...I figure any bit of review helps! Also you can't get very far if the basics aren't rock solid. This guild seems to be pretty active and cheers to Starry for all her hard work  heart

よろしくおねがいします~

Thanks for the recognition! biggrin The whole reason I founded this guild was so that I would be forced to keep up my basic Japanese between semesters... so far, it's been pretty well received.

I haven't done any study in Japan yet, so you're probably ahead of me. I'm hoping to do an exchange semester at the University of Tokyo, but that will all depend on scholarships. razz  

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:32 pm
Starry Starry Fright
Kai Shi

よろしくおねがいします~

Thanks for the recognition! biggrin The whole reason I founded this guild was so that I would be forced to keep up my basic Japanese between semesters... so far, it's been pretty well received.

I haven't done any study in Japan yet, so you're probably ahead of me. I'm hoping to do an exchange semester at the University of Tokyo, but that will all depend on scholarships. razz

When I went to Japan I was pretty beginner to be honest. I had only done first year Japanese so...And while I was there, I didn't really practice as hard as I should have redface Being surrounded by english speaking international students does tend to make you lazy about speaking Japanese...

I hope your exchange works out! Tokyo Uni is pretty respectable. How long would you go for? One term? One year?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:55 pm
Kai Shi
Starry Starry Fright
Kai Shi

よろしくおねがいします~

When I went to Japan I was pretty beginner to be honest. I had only done first year Japanese so...And while I was there, I didn't really practice as hard as I should have redface Being surrounded by english speaking international students does tend to make you lazy about speaking Japanese...

I hope your exchange works out! Tokyo Uni is pretty respectable. How long would you go for? One term? One year?

Ahh, well... I was supposed to go to Japan for a homestay after my third year of Japanese, but it never worked out. I'm hoping to do a one semester exchange... Japanese isn't my major, and I've got too many classes I need to take at home to be gone an entire year. xp  

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:44 pm
Starry Starry Fright
Kai Shi
Starry Starry Fright
Kai Shi

よろしくおねがいします~

Ahh, well... I was supposed to go to Japan for a homestay after my third year of Japanese, but it never worked out. I'm hoping to do a one semester exchange... Japanese isn't my major, and I've got too many classes I need to take at home to be gone an entire year. xp

It wasn't my major either wink Biological sciences ftw. Haha. I maxed out my available arts credits almost entirely biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 pm
Kai Shi
Starry Starry Fright
Kai Shi
Starry Starry Fright
Kai Shi

よろしくおねがいします~

It wasn't my major either wink Biological sciences ftw. Haha. I maxed out my available arts credits almost entirely biggrin

I feel your pain - Computer Science student here. Japanese is eating all my available arts credits. XD  

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Roll Call

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers