Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Checking on everyone

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Gaia do a fundraiser for the victims?
  Yes
  No
View Results

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:42 pm
Hello I'm checking on everyone in the guilds I'm in and making sure you're no where near New Zealand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, you know the places expected to get waves and such over the next few hours, caused by 8.9 earthquake in Japan.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:49 pm
How sweet of you to make a thread like this.
My mother contacted my stepfather a while ago [he went to California for week or two],He's pretty far from the coast right now so he's safe.

This is such a horrific occurrence,I will be praying for the residence of Japan.

Bad Quality Serena

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:51 pm
That's good to hear, I'm glad you and your stepfather are both safe. I wish I could help but I don't know how to other than the usual prayers for them.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:16 pm
Normally when there's hurricanes and nasty weather on the coasts, where I live, we get hit with high speed winds and storms. But it's a very beautiful day. The sun is out, it's nice and warm. There's a cool breeze.

I hope everyone in those danger zones are ok.  

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:39 pm
In New Zealand, a tsunami is a reason to go to the beach. They're interesting. That you're worried at all about us is massively bizarre. We don't even have a warning, just a vague advisory. The only people here really in danger are people who are actually IN the water.

I'd be more concerned about those pacific islands that are actually lower in their entirety than the wave will probably be. Or was, since I think it has passed over most people by now.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:02 pm
Thank you for making this thread. My older sis is in Hawaii, but I am sure she is fine.  

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:28 pm
StarryEyedSkyler
Thank you for making this thread. My older sis is in Hawaii, but I am sure she is fine.

I hear people in Hawaii evacuted with time to spare, and that the waves were a little higher than expected. What news? Was there much damage? I can't find much on that on news sites.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:48 am
My parents, and much of my mom's extended family live in Hawaii, but they said they are all fine. My folks live a bit inland and up the side of a mountain, so their house is fairly protected.  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:29 pm
I have three Japanese friends. I know one of them is alright. I'm so worried for the other two.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:33 pm
Well that's one of thes reasons I made this, I wanted to check on my friends, some of them live in those danger areas and of course I worry about everyone when I hear of this kind of a disaster. I'm glad to hear so many are alright, and I'm praying for those who are in the danger areas and any relatives or friends of theirs that haven't checked in from those areas yet.  

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:05 pm
I live in the middle of the US, so I think I'm pretty safe from tsunamis. Tornadoes though.... I'm glad I have a basement.

I feel really horrible about Japan, and all the damage and lives lost.
Might be a stupid coincidence, but while the main big earthquake was happening, I was laying in bed telling my boyfriend how something feels wrong. Not quite like butterflies or an upset tummy, but like something wasn't right, but I couldn't place what.. Was very odd to hear about the earthquake and tsunamis the next day.

I wish I could go over there and help them, but I'd probably just get in the way. I have nothing I can offer but prayers.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:12 pm
Feel the pain that I never show...
I'm fine, but I'm mourning the loss of my uncle... He was in Japan, alone with my two friends. I don't know if they're okay or not.
...And I hope you know it's never healing!  

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200

AnnaWolfP

Cool Vampire

16,850 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:39 pm
I have two Japanese friends one ok i don't know about the other one.... crying  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games