Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] [Monster] Altessa; Goblin- APPROVED Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Altessa U. Strago Sparkshine
Nicknames: Alt, Tessa, Sparks/Sparky

Faction: Monster
Race: Goblin

Natural Ability: Hiding in Plain Sight: After way too many massacres of goblinfolk for the treasures that they guarded, goblins had to learn some new tricks. Altessa is able to slip into nooks and crannies in such a way that others aren't able to, rendering herself difficult to spot, even if it means hiding in plain sight. What do you mean? There’s nothing behind this lamppost.

Personality: Flirtatious in almost every endeavor to achieve certain wants, Altessa is a goblin that has only half of her sights set on gold, while the other half is set on adventure. Most often she tends to work alone but will accept company when offered, and will never turn down a free meal (or free coin for that matter).

She loves to scheme plots and listen to conversations (even those she's not a part of), and file away information for later use, because all information is useful.... right? And can be yours for the price of...

But remember, this goblin won't do anything for someone unless there's something in it for her. Why stick your head into a pot unless there's gold or treasure at the bottom? This was knocked into her head since birth, that people will always walk over you if you show them any generosity, unless you trick it out of them. So, unless someone's willing to offer something she wants, she's most likely NOT going to go along with it. (There's also that self preservation factor going for her there.)

To friends, she will always stick by them even if they're in the wrong - but that doesn't mean that she won't tell you that you were wrong later. Despite the consequences, she still stuck up for you, and that means you owe her one... goblins have to earn favors somehow.

One guilty pleasure of hers (that she totally enjoys with her family - shhh don't tell them) is watching things get blown up, or blowing them up herself. She shares a love of, and for, exploding things with her family, which is just as exciting as watching fireworks. Except that things get damaged, which is half of the fun!

Aside from everything else, Altessa is a bit different from her rather lazy non-adventuring gold-grubbing family - a "stick in the mud", a "loose cannon that has her heads in her clouds". Why should she go out to look for more gold when there's thousands pouring in by the second? Her family doesn't understand her quirks, or that she actually likes the adventure and the thrill she gets when she discovers treasure on her own. Watching a bank balance increase just isn't the same.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Raised by a family of goblins who had the mannerisms of demons made Alt feel that her goblin family was lazy and unwary, and deviated quite a bit from their old ways. Instead of working in groups and dealing from the hidden shadows, the Sparkshine family deals out in the open and hides nothing about their wealth.

Altessa knows she is a disappointment to her family due to lack of caring about the particular family dynamic, but after finding a few history books about goblins from her family of generations ago, she wants to enroll herself into Amityville to hone herself and find out her strengths and weaknesses, as well as where she can improve... and try to talk some sense into her family, even though she knows it won't do any good. Goblins never really cared about reason, after all.

Alt would like to make a name for her own self and not be held down by the rich politics of her family, all the while her family is hoping - by her actions - that their name is spread even further to expand their gold-gaining business.

FEAR Ability: Bombs Away!
Altessa can shape her FEAR into an orb of explosive energy to throw at her opponent. This works wonders, except when it goes off... prematurely. OW. She didn't mean to hit her foot, really. (Gambler's Chance)

Y2: Sinister Strike
Altessa can create shadowy??? out of her FEAR and ??? Profit. (Battle Cry?)

Y3: Tricks of the Trade?
u/c

b]Physical Description:

she is very very short -- 4'4"

Eye Colour: Green
Hair Colour/Style: Reddish-brown
Skin Colour: Greenish hues (see ref)
Clothing Style/Colours: anything you see fitting ow ob
Extra: Pointy ears, ear piercings, one nose piercing, fangs, a sly grin...?
References: [1] [2] [3]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:14 pm
Siblings: For Better (or) Worse
Pyrion [Father]
Salandrine [Mother]
Tylodus (Explodus) [First, Brother]
Endyi [Second, Brother]
Candi [Third, Sister]
Leisidhe [Fourth, Sister]
Namithax [Fifth, Brother]
Luster [Sixth, Sister]
Sydrae (Syd) [Eighth, Sister]
Kusel [Ninth, Brother]

Altessa has a lot of family members, but about half of them are deceased, for various reasons. Pyrion and Salandrine are her father and mother, respectively. Tylodus was her first brother, who she knew for only a brief time, having deceased by blowing himself up. (He earned the name Tylodus Explodus in the household after that fatal incident.) Her second sibling is Endyi, a male heir who still lives. Candi is her third sibling, very feminine in charms to the point of it being a profession. Mirion was her fourth sibling, deceased female. Namithax is a fifth sibling, deceased male. Luster is her sixth older sibling, female, leaving Altessa herself to be the seventh born. Sydrae was the eighth sibling after, deceased female. Last but not least is her youngest sibling, Kusel, male.

Songs:
Rogue's Heart (Dragon Age II)

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:15 pm
Possible minipets!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

old stuff that is no longer relevant but still possibly useful for future plots:

History:

Camouflage: After way too many massacres of goblinfolk for the treasures that they guarded, goblins had to learn some new tricks. Altessa is able to slip into nooks and crannies or just generally make herself invisible in one way or another, even if it means hiding in plain sight. What do you mean? There’s nothing behind this lamppost. Under extreme duress - and only in circumstances of such, as it seems to be activated by stress or adrenaline - her skin can change colors like a lizard. This is limited by the fact that it is unable to take on colors that are not greens, browns, or other colors found in a natural setting.

"Yeah, but what's in it for me?" Was the Sparkshine's family motto - always stick your nose into other people's business, even when they didn't want you to. And the Sparkshines always, always expected something in return, should their help been given, even when the help was unwanted.

Altessa was greedy, yet far less greedy than her siblings. She was a fair bit smarter, and a fair bit taller, but more prone to get into trouble, mainly because she wasn't looking for it as often as her siblings; she received the brunt of their punishments and blame.

Growing up, Altessa tried very hard to sneak around and go unnoticed, slipping into the old parts of the town she grew up in, unlike her family who liked to barge loudly into things with a warcry (which almost resembled the sound from a squealing pig) and a flashy show of their FEAR abilities. She had no interest in learning the same FEARS like her family did - Altessa was more interested in relics, oddities, and artifacts in the old parts of her hometown, as well as learning about their familial history.

There was a very short instance where she wanted to learn to become a reaper, but venturing into that subject was a disaster. Becoming a reaper was just simply not possible, and would bring SHAME upon the whole family, and quite possibly make her ancestors turn over in their graves. Altessa didn't want to repeat the experience of that particular horrid conversation.

She didn't remember when her family had changed and focused on gold gaining rather than the old ways, but she did realize that they had stopped being so flashy with their FEARS and instead focused on calculating and pencil-pushing with bank accounts and skellyphones and computers.

Being a free spirit, Altessa decided enough was enough, and climbed upon the dinner table right after dinner was finished, declaring that she wanted nothing at all to do with the family business, but her true goals were to follow her own path - of which she didn't know where it would lead. Half of her family fainted with disappointment and despair, while the other half looked on with indignation and surprise. There was then a loud clamor of yelling at Altessa, squawking disappointment in her pursuits of anything but the family business. Altessa would hear none of it, simply stating that not everything could be done with what they were doing and how far from their roots they had strayed, how they were becoming more like demons and less like monsters, and she would prove to them that she could get by perfectly fine without them, thank you very much.

That very day she packed and left home for Amityville, finding it rather strange that they stopped arguing with her the moment she mentioned the school. The only memento she took with her was the family's heirloom dagger, elven in make and sporting an aquamarine on the hilt. It would make a nice centerpiece on her dorm room wall.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:16 pm
Pictures go here!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:17 pm
You get World of Warcraft pictures because I am a total nerd and love the Goblin Body. XD Ahahaha....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Updated the info and the backstory! Open for questions :3

I need to add a lot more, but questions would help immensely~  

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mythee-dono

Familiar Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:58 pm
She's adorable. ;v; <33 I'm not clear on whether she's a druid or not though? Liek, does she have the poison resistance or not? I think the whole goblin alchemy thing suits her much better and I hope they accept it. >.<

Compared to other quest threads, there isn't much about how people/fellow students/teachers etc. might see her/interact with her at school, but personally I don't think an OC's future really needs to be developed that much. xD I'm curious in knowing why she dislikes being called Tessa, though. You described the stingy/greedy part of her personality, but not what would allow her to do things like smack people including friends. o3o

Overall... I wanna see her happen! She's original and cute! Plus she has such a sweet face in that art. 8D
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hey YOU! Have a nice day! I'm rooting for you! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:31 am
Mythee-dono
She's adorable. ;v; <33 I'm not clear on whether she's a druid or not though? Liek, does she have the poison resistance or not? I think the whole goblin alchemy thing suits her much better and I hope they accept it. >.<

I changed it so it's JUST alchemy. Thanks for the crit there, that actually helped me decide. XD I do agree, it's much better <3333

Mythee-dono
Compared to other quest threads, there isn't much about how people/fellow students/teachers etc. might see her/interact with her at school, but personally I don't think an OC's future really needs to be developed that much. xD I'm curious in knowing why she dislikes being called Tessa, though. You described the stingy/greedy part of her personality, but not what would allow her to do things like smack people including friends. o3o

I updated a lot! biggrin And yeah, I didn't develop her future at all, just really delved into her personality and got it down. And as for the Tessa thing, she thinks it sounds too girly, so if she did end up getting a best friend and they'd let it slip, she'd punch them pretty hard because she doesn't want just anyone to know. XD

Mythee-dono
Overall... I wanna see her happen! She's original and cute! Plus she has such a sweet face in that art. 8D

Thank you so much! Your crit really helped <333 oAo  

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:25 am
Just wanted to point out that a Goblin belongs in (guessing) the monster faction, but definitely not Reaper. Reapers are supposed to be very human in appearance and that's just not Goblins, so I'd suggest picking Monster/Goblin if you'd like to keep the Goblin race or eliminating goblin altogether if you want to keep the Reaper faction. Here's the Basic and General Reaper RP Information thread for you with information on appearance requirements and even some sub-classes to give you an idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:44 am
You're super welcome, I'm glad my crit helped. 8'D heart Omg, I love the updates and the new art! @v@ <33 This is looking good.
Doop, I totally missed that about reapers. I hope you'll pick something you like. >.<;; Good luck again ovo
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hey YOU! Have a nice day! I'm rooting for you! :D

Mythee-dono

Familiar Friend

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:19 am
S a l l y S h e e p
Just wanted to point out that a Goblin belongs in (guessing) the monster faction, but definitely not Reaper. Reapers are supposed to be very human in appearance and that's just not Goblins, so I'd suggest picking Monster/Goblin if you'd like to keep the Goblin race or eliminating goblin altogether if you want to keep the Reaper faction. Here's the Basic and General Reaper RP Information thread for you with information on appearance requirements and even some sub-classes to give you an idea.

I realize that, but it also said in very rare cases. I was hoping this would be a very rare case, but it can be changed if the mods don't want to go for it.

Thank you for the heads up, though. :3 heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:33 am
Changed her faction to a Monster! heart Thanks for the imput whee  

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:23 am
FEAR completely changed!

I honestly like this one a LOT better. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:25 am

Still need to fine tune her a little, but for the most part, she's ready to go~

Any feedback would be loved! heart  

Fethery

Tiny Raider

Fethery

Tiny Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:29 am
Reminder to self to clean this up a little. sweatdrop  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff