Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Guess who got into the US Military! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 pm
I've been accepted into the US Navy, but because of my high ASVAB score it'll be a little bit before they find me a suitable job. Once they do I get my contract and ship date. Until then I'm a soft-DEPed sailor with no job and nothing to do but wait. Still, I'm a sailor now, and it would take some massively irresponsible behaviour on my part to get that taken away.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:34 pm
Congratulations!

You've picked a fantastic branch of the military to enlist in. You'll have the world in front of you in ways few others will see it.

Enjoy the next years of your hitch!  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:11 pm
Be prepared for gay jokes.

Sometimes I think I picked the wrong branch after I see the cool s**t that the AF and Navy get, even the support personnel.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:15 pm
uryu ishida
Sometimes I think I picked the wrong branch after I see the cool s**t that the AF and Navy get, even the support personnel.
Navy cooks are trained at the second best school in the country, and airlifting in of provisions and modern preservation techniques means the food is actually pretty good at sea now.

Also, sailors now get very nice blue digital camouflage uniforms. That way when we fall overboard nobody will be able to see us biggrin .  

Private Sanders

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:16 pm
Floyd
Congratulations!

You've picked a fantastic branch of the military to enlist in. You'll have the world in front of you in ways few others will see it.

Thanks. I hope shore leave in foreign ports is as interesting as it sounds.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:37 pm
Private Sanders
Floyd
Congratulations!

My boss at my civilian job is banned at most bars (or equivalents) in most countries due to shore leave.  

uryu ishida

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:45 pm
Congratulations. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:48 am
Private Sanders
uryu ishida
Navy cooks are trained at the second best school in the country, and airlifting in of provisions and modern preservation techniques means the food is actually pretty good at sea now.

Also, sailors now get very nice blue digital camouflage uniforms. That way when we fall overboard nobody will be able to see us biggrin .
Since when did the Navy start wearing cammies? Last I heard, everything was still poopie suits, same as it's been since ships were steel.

On the upside, I also hear poopie suits are the single most comfortable uniform in the entirety of the US armed forces.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 am
Fresnel
Private Sanders
uryu ishida

Since when did the Navy start wearing cammies? Last I heard, everything was still poopie suits, same as it's been since ships were steel.

On the upside, I also hear poopie suits are the single most comfortable uniform in the entirety of the US armed forces.

They've been wearing the new NWU for a year or two now. Saw it for the first time last October at Miramar air show.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:44 am
uryu ishida
Private Sanders
Floyd
Congratulations!

My boss at my civilian job is banned at most bars (or equivalents) in most countries due to shore leave.
XD  

Private Sanders

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:16 pm
Fresnel
Private Sanders
uryu ishida

The Navy has had cammie duty uniforms for a year or two now. They even come with an eight pointed cap like the Marines wear.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here it is.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:10 pm
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Private Sanders
uryu ishida

The Navy has had cammie duty uniforms for a year or two now. They even come with an eight pointed cap like the Marines wear.

Here it is.
Because you never know when an Iraqi insurgent is going to shoot at you in the middle of the ******** Pacific ocean. Jesus christ that's pointless, at least poopie suits were cheap. I can understand maybe going to a solid navy uniform, but CAMO?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:57 pm
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Private Sanders
uryu ishida

Here it is.
Because you never know when an Iraqi insurgent is going to shoot at you in the middle of the ******** Pacific ocean. Jesus christ that's pointless, at least poopie suits were cheap. I can understand maybe going to a solid navy uniform, but CAMO?
It's so that if you fall overboard nobody can see you ninja .  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:40 am
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Private Sanders
uryu ishida

Here it is.
And they wear ACUs or MARPAT in country. Basically so they can feel like real soldiers.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:14 pm
uryu ishida
Be prepared for gay jokes.

In the Navy, everyone wears a g-string.

In the Navy, Jarheads often wonder why they have to carpool with a bunch of grown a** men with sparkly makeup and poopie suits.

In the Navy, Participation in the play, the H.M.S. Penifore is mandatory.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff