Handgun banned from competition Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:53 pm
What was the handgun that was banned from competitions for being too accurate it was considered unfair?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:10 pm
The only banning I know of is in IDPA, where if it don't fit in the box, it don't go. But that applies to every pistol, and plenty don't fit.

ETA: Also, any competition that bans a gun for being too accurate needs to pull the eight foot stick out of its a** and start cutting some ******** rules.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:39 pm
"Too accurate"? The ******** is this s**t?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:07 pm
are u sure it wasn;t a dream or drug induced fantasy ur thinking about?
are you sure it was a gun? are you sure it wasn't... NOTHING?  

Maddness91

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:16 pm
lol "too accurate"

most pistols fit the "too accurate" description.

like 99 percent of a pistol's accuracy is determined by the shooter, not the gun.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:17 pm
I remember reading some discussion in a gun forum talking about competetion grade pistols and some guy brought up some pistol that he claimed was banned from competition. Something to do with it's blowback operation and barrel.

Though I thoroughly convinced the guy was full of s**t.  

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:38 pm
Valkyrie Hatters Attorney
I remember reading some discussion in a gun forum talking about competetion grade pistols and some guy brought up some pistol that he claimed was banned from competition. Something to do with it's blowback operation and barrel.

Though I thoroughly convinced the guy was full of s**t.
THE GOLDEN GUN

nah, the guy was probably full of BS  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:57 pm
This kind of makes me want to see if I can take a DEagle into an IPSC match. IIRC, the locking bolt and gas operation make it incredibly accurate, and they come with sight rails already on the gun...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:46 pm
Fresnel
This kind of makes me want to see if I can take a DEagle into an IPSC match. IIRC, the locking bolt and gas operation make it incredibly accurate, and they come with sight rails already on the gun...
theres people who already do that,lol  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
In .357 maybe, for the +1 it gives over other DEagles, but I want to do it in .50AE just for the massive, ear-crushing boom.

I wonder if a DEagle could be modified to shoot .38? That would probably be a really light load in a gun that big.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:13 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
In .357 maybe, for the +1 it gives over other DEagles, but I want to do it in .50AE just for the massive, ear-crushing boom.

I wonder if a DEagle could be modified to shoot .38? That would probably be a really light load in a gun that big.
meh, I wouldnt trust a deagle enough with their reputation.

and if you wanna go with .38 a .38 super 1911 would be just right for the job  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:22 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

Rebuild the magazine, possibly rebore the gas tube for a .357... lighten the spring up a touch. Or just have a .357 handloaded with lighter wadcutter bullets and lighter loads.

Plus a ******** muzzle brake.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Maddness91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:02 pm
so maybe off topic, but still accuracy related...

the top 2 things hurting accuracy (besides mechanical error [i.e. crappy bullets]) are a noob operator and recoil....

you can learn to shoot a gun good, but for the recoil, y not just put ...idk, a lead weight on the end of the barrel to counteract the recoil? yeah it may be heavy and hard to hold but just get stronger arms xp  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:24 pm
Maddness91

the top 2 things hurting accuracy (besides mechanical error [i.e. crappy bullets]) are a noob operator and recoil....

you can learn to shoot a gun good, but for the recoil, y not just put ...idk, a lead weight on the end of the barrel to counteract the recoil? yeah it may be heavy and hard to hold but just get stronger arms xp
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Germany is waaaay ahead of you.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:56 pm
Maddness91

weights and compensators have been used for almost a century now to reduce recoil xp  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff