Submit

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:02 pm
i've thought about it quite a bit and while it's something I sort of don't want, it's also something I feel sort of the need to do. but my mind still isn't made up yet.

today I got a letter in the mail, said to go to war or go to jail....ok I lied, it didn't say that but here's what it really says.

Dear Warrior Citizen,

As your Army Reserve Career Counselor, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that as a prior service member of the Active Army/Army Reserve, you are eligible to become part of a drilling reserve unit. The Army Reserve needs your participation and I want to assist you in finding a unit in your area. Today, the Reserve is supporting more than half of the Total Army's mission. The United States Army Reserve is the main supporting force, and we are in constant need of good Soldiers like YOU to help with this mission.

While serving proudly in the Army Reserve and fulfilling your obligation you can take advantage of many benefits that apply to you: Tuition Assistance, Montgomery GI Bill, SGLI, Student Loan Repayment, Enlistment Bonuses, Tricare Select, Retirement Benefits, and Additional Monthly Income just to name a few.

You have already Served Honorably and proudly; you will just be rejoining an ARMY STRONG organization. If you desire to transfer, all you have to do is make the first step and call or e-mail me telling me about your interest. I can assign you to the unit and MOS of choice if you meet the qualifications.

I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. my contact information is listed below.

ARMY STRONG!!!

SFC LaCreisha Lane
Army Reserve Career Counselor

I'll give it some extra thought.

what do you guys think  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:42 am
Id say it depends. I wouldent go in for a direct combat role. Because Libya has ******** written all over it.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:28 am
Orkronos
Id say it depends. I wouldent go in for a direct combat role. Because Libya has ******** written all over it.
the libyan thing would probably be over by the time I get finished training for a new MOS.

besides, with all that's happening I dont really think we can afford to be fighting more wars than we already have going on.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:41 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos
the libyan thing would probably be over by the time I get finished training for a new MOS.

besides, with all that's happening on I dont really think we can afford to be fighting more wars than we already have going on.
They said the Civil War would be over in under a month. I wouldn't trust that.

Considering how much money the government wastes I wouldn't trust them to not start more wars.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:22 am
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos

besides, with all that's happening on I dont really think we can afford to be fighting more wars than we already have going on.
They said the Civil War would be over in under a month. I wouldn't trust that.

Considering how much money the government wastes I wouldn't trust them to not start more wars.
I may not go ahead with this until maybe a month or more down the road. and even then. depending on what I choose, my new MOS training would probably be over 10 weeks anyways. and I bet there's probably some sort of re-entry program somewhere that's kind of like a mini basic for prior service guys to get them back in shape that might be 4 weeks long.

really I was never worried so much about deploying anyways, if I was I would have never signed up the first time around.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:18 am
What people dont realize is that the Economy in Libya will work only in Libya and if Gaddafi is in power., Take away one of them and it will be worse then when the USSR fell apart.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:01 am
About the only words of advice I can offer are these.

Job security.

Can you find another private sector job today that will match the potential benefits the military provides?

Seriously, if you can find a civilian job that pays anything near minimum wage, you'd be lucky. And there's no guarantee that you wouldn't wind up hurt from any minimum wage position. Especially in construction.

You don't have to make a career in the Army. But serving gives you a regular paycheck and a lot of perks you won't see in any civilian job today.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:40 am
here is the line of progress in Libya...

East vrs West fighting, Gadaffi's planes own the crap out of the East

UN comes with no fly zone idea, and then implements it

To secure the no fly zone, air support installations are bombed

Now it;sa ground war, and the East and West are still shooting the crap out of each other and genocide and other stuff

UN says "OMG we have to help these people!" --> sends in the troops to deliver "aid"

Troops are attacked from both sides because that bombed the crap out of things, and they are "foreign devils" --> now u have a ground war in Libya

BTW off topic point:

does anyone else see the link between Gadaffi and Lincoln? the south rebelled, Lincoln mobilized the northern army and civil war ensued because he didn't want to loose those lower states from America... in Libya, the East rebels, Gadaffi mobilizes his army (with better guns than US civil war) because he doesn't want to loose the east and it;s wealth from Libya... Hmmm  

Maddness91

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:52 am
Maddness91
here is the line of progress in Libya...

East vrs West fighting, Gadaffi's planes own the crap out of the East

UN comes with no fly zone idea, and then implements it

To secure the no fly zone, air support installations are bombed

Now it;sa ground war, and the East and West are still shooting the crap out of each other and genocide and other stuff

UN says "OMG we have to help these people!" --> sends in the troops to deliver "aid"

Troops are attacked from both sides because that bombed the crap out of things, and they are "foreign devils" --> now u have a ground war in Libya

BTW off topic point:

does anyone else see the link between Gadaffi and Lincoln? the south rebelled, Lincoln mobilized the northern army and civil war ensued because he didn't want to loose those lower states from America... in Libya, the East rebels, Gadaffi mobilizes his army (with better guns than US civil war) because he doesn't want to loose the east and it;s wealth from Libya... Hmmm
Not to mention he has the economy set so only he can run it. Clever guy. Even if he goes into exile he would have a large amount of support.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:05 am
Orkronos
Not to mention he has the economy set so only he can run it. Clever guy. Even if he goes into exile he would have a large amount of support.
idk about that... how do u mean? his foreign economy is just oil basically... and that can run it;s self since it;s a high demand product...  

Maddness91

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:46 am
Maddness91
Orkronos
idk about that... how do u mean? his foreign economy is just oil basically... and that can run it;s self since it;s a high demand product...
Every aspect of libyan daily life is ridiculously subsidies. Urban housing is modern and damn near free. All education is payed for by the state, utilities, food is damn near free. Hell most Libyans dont have full time jobs because its not necessary and so Gaddafi has thousands of migrant workers, that make much better pay then any migrant workers anywhere else in the world. Problem is most of the workers are black. Libyans dont like them apparently. Lots of them were killed in the street in the early stages of the revolt.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games