Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
FIRST SPELL! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:28 am
I'm so so so exited! I did my first spell! I hope it works!
http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/spells/enemy-binding-spell.htm
Thank you since I found this on the links here.
I feel so proud of myself! Sorry if this is a stupid post, I just thought I'd share.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:18 am
Remember that binding spells are just that - binding. In exerting your will against them in this manner, you are the binding force. You are bound to them in as much as they are to you. Binding do not banish or remove someone from your life - it merely stops them from acting against you. They will still be able to interact with you, and they will still be able to be unpleasant as always.

Binding spells are effective, but they are not a spell that allows you to 'move on', or exclude that person from your life completely.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:37 am
Morgandria
Remember that binding spells are just that - binding. In exerting your will against them in this manner, you are the binding force. You are bound to them in as much as they are to you. Binding do not banish or remove someone from your life - it merely stops them from acting against you. They will still be able to interact with you, and they will still be able to be unpleasant as always.

Binding spells are effective, but they are not a spell that allows you to 'move on', or exclude that person from your life completely.

Heh... Thanks for telling me. I hoped the sugar helped, though. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:54 pm
Ah... I remember my first spell... whee
Although, mine was just to do well on a test. sweatdrop
But, okay, I hope your first spell works out for you!

IIBlack-Embers48II

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:47 pm
IIBlack-Embers48II
Ah... I remember my first spell... whee
Although, mine was just to do well on a test. sweatdrop
But, okay, I hope your first spell works out for you!

It actually did. I only seen a little effect, but I hope it works out more.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 pm
My first spell was weird. It was a temporary appearance changing one. I started with something small like my eye colour. My eyes are naturally hazel. I did the spell, went to bed, and the next day I almost failed at the sight of my own mirror reflection. No joke, my eyes were a mossy green, swirling like a vortex and my pupils were missing. I met to turn them blue but I think I screwed up xD I think I was in junior year at the time, I don't remember, this was like years ago. Anyways, I went to school, no one really noticed since I didn't really have friends and I avoided eye contact....it's a weird habit of mine. There's a reason, but it's personal. My ex friend, we were close then, I showed her my eyes and she didn't seem surprised by it...but then again she was a rather emotionless person. Apparently by the end of the school day, my eyes were returning to normal.

Funny thing is, since then, my eyes naturally change it's colour. Nothing drastic though. I've noticed turning the seasons, they change. One day, on my birthday...I think the following year, my teacher was surprised because my eyes were almost glowy. I looked in this hand mirror I kept for mixing my make-up and they were an emerald green. Once again, I'm not lying nor over exaggerating.....I'm not a good liar...but yea, that's basically my experience with my first spell. Don't ask me to repeat it cause I don't remember to save my life how it went. All I remember is that it involved some candles.  

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:19 pm
StarryEyedSkyler
I feel so proud of myself! Sorry if this is a stupid post, I just thought I'd share.

Wow, messing with someone's free will? A really harsh choice of first spell!

I'd congratulate you but I sort of think binding spells are really unethical so I can't in good conscience support it xp  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:58 am
Sanguina Cruenta
StarryEyedSkyler

I'd congratulate you but I sort of think binding spells are really unethical so I can't in good conscience support it xp

Ehehe... sweatdrop
Guess I didn't think about that....
I got alot to learn. redface  

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:01 pm
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
My first spell was weird. It was a temporary appearance changing one. I started with something small like my eye colour. My eyes are naturally hazel. I did the spell, went to bed, and the next day I almost failed at the sight of my own mirror reflection. No joke, my eyes were a mossy green, swirling like a vortex and my pupils were missing. I met to turn them blue but I think I screwed up xD I think I was in junior year at the time, I don't remember, this was like years ago. Anyways, I went to school, no one really noticed since I didn't really have friends and I avoided eye contact....it's a weird habit of mine. There's a reason, but it's personal. My ex friend, we were close then, I showed her my eyes and she didn't seem surprised by it...but then again she was a rather emotionless person. Apparently by the end of the school day, my eyes were returning to normal.

Funny thing is, since then, my eyes naturally change it's colour. Nothing drastic though. I've noticed turning the seasons, they change. One day, on my birthday...I think the following year, my teacher was surprised because my eyes were almost glowy. I looked in this hand mirror I kept for mixing my make-up and they were an emerald green. Once again, I'm not lying nor over exaggerating.....I'm not a good liar...but yea, that's basically my experience with my first spell. Don't ask me to repeat it cause I don't remember to save my life how it went. All I remember is that it involved some candles.

I'm not here to denigrate your experience. But...magic can't violate the laws of physics. It just can't. If something happens here on the physical plane, it has to occur within the bounds of the physical laws of our universe.

What I posit to you is this, instead: Sometimes things on the spiritual plane 'overlap' the physical. Those things are not physical reality, in and of themselves, but may appear to be. 'Glamoury', magic to effect a change of appearance, or others' perceptions of you, would be a prime example of such a thing. You achieved a change on the spiritual plane, I'm willing to bet, but not the physical.

Also, bear in mind that the eye is nothing but a big squishy ball of fluid, and the iris is a thin disc of pigments spread out on the surface. Changes in emotional states - happiness, stress, etc. - cause changes in muscle tension, and effectively changes the shape of your eyeball. The pigment of the iris will reflect light differently under different types of muscle tension, and thus appear to have changed colour, when it has merely changed the angle of refraction. People with hazel eyes have multiple colours in the iris already, and probably notice this effect the most. It shouldn't be surprising that hazel can look blue, or green, or grey, or gold, depending on the lighting conditions and the way someone's holding their eyes.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:58 pm
StarryEyedSkyler
Sanguina Cruenta
StarryEyedSkyler

Ehehe... sweatdrop
Guess I didn't think about that....
I got alot to learn. redface

The thing is with binding spells is you get a lot of websites and books that condemn curses and then give you a whole heap of binding spells as if these are somehow ethically a-ok. This is shocking behaviour on their part. I think a lot of young witches accept that it must be alright if people who are apparently nice and trustworthy are recommending them over curses.

The main lesson to take away from this is that the outcomes of spells should be considered, and the ethical ramifications, before casting. You have to consider different moral implications, and measure them against your personal system of ethics. Now me, binding spells upset me, but a minor, temporary use of 'Fluence I don't have as much of an issue with, because we influence people in many ways all the time anyway. I don't have a problem with curses, either, as I'd rather punch someone in the gut than chain their mind. It's all to do with forming your own moral code and being aware of your own actions.

I wouldn't get too upset about it now it's done. Just something to take away for the future. Of course, once the person starts avoiding you, it's probably a good idea to take her out of the freezer.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:19 am
Uh... Just to be sure, is there a proper way to depose of the names I put in the cubes when I'm done?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:38 pm
StarryEyedSkyler
Uh... Just to be sure, is there a proper way to depose of the names I put in the cubes when I'm done?

General methods of disposal for spell components depend on the material involved, but basically there's a few ways to dispose of remains: 1) Bury them. 2) Burn them. 3) Throw them into running or moving water. 4) Cast them into the wind to be dispersed. 5) If edible, leave them outdoors in a quiet place to be consumed. 6) Or just plain throw them out. Sometimes, depending on the nature of the work involved, you'll want to dispose of things far away from your home, maybe in specific locations, and make sure you take an indirect path home to make sure nothing 'follows' you home.

Letting the ice cubes melt should dissolve both the ink and the paper, and thus release everything. You can then either bury the paper pulp, or just throw it out. Alternately, you can let the pulp dry out and burn it to ash.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:44 pm
Morgandria
StarryEyedSkyler

General methods of disposal for spell components depend on the material involved, but basically there's a few ways to dispose of remains: 1) Bury them. 2) Burn them. 3) Throw them into running or moving water. 4) Cast them into the wind to be dispersed. 5) If edible, leave them outdoors in a quiet place to be consumed. 6) Or just plain throw them out. Sometimes, depending on the nature of the work involved, you'll want to dispose of things far away from your home, maybe in specific locations, and make sure you take an indirect path home to make sure nothing 'follows' you home.
Letting the ice cubes melt should dissolve both the ink and the paper, and thus release everything. You can then either bury the paper pulp, or just throw it out. Alternately, you can let the pulp dry out and burn it to ash.

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:10 am
StarryEyedSkyler
Morgandria
StarryEyedSkyler

Thank you!

Sometimes where you leave it can do things too- like if you don't want them near you, maybe burying it in your yard wouldn't be as good as burying it far away.

Or leaving things at crossroads.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:11 pm
Esiris
StarryEyedSkyler
Morgandria
StarryEyedSkyler

Thank you!

Sometimes where you leave it can do things too- like if you don't want them near you, maybe burying it in your yard wouldn't be as good as burying it far away.

Or leaving things at crossroads.

Morgandria and Esiris, that's pretty good advice. I'll have to keep that in mind for myself~ Not for bindings though, I don't think I had much luck with my one and only experiment. Haha~ But overall, yes.  
*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff