Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Cat's Head Item Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

souldriving

Sparkly Bloodsucker

11,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:10 pm
So with this April Fool's Joke they decided to put the Cat's Head Item exclusively in the Dumpster Dive. You either have to be super lucky to get it on the first try or spend hours upon hours grinding trying and hoping to get it. So I was following this one thread and I want to see what you think. Do you think the item should be available for everyone like in a mass amount or think it should just be a hit and miss if you get it?

Here is the item in question: Cat Faces

reapersun
The problem is, we didn't ASK you guys to spend 6-10 hours DDing for this item. Our thought process was like "oh, we need to release this in a finite quantity, what can we do besides manually gifting them" to "oh we should put them in DD, that'd be cute, a few users will get it and tell people and some other people will get it and it'll be fun;' it'll be expensive for awhile but at least it'll be available, if they actually like the item and want to work for it they can earn the gold." We didn't think, "haha, this way users will spend ten hours trying for a random grant that they won't get, haha." The work you guys put in was an extreme we were not expecting, call us naive. But it's definitely not "how you play the event."

It reminds me of the Jack event in zomg where users continuously layer hopped to make the most gold off of Jack. It's a broken down "efficient" method, not for the enjoyment of the event itself. They layer hopped to maximize the gold profit and made it hard for some people to fight Jack even once. You guys want something from DD so you spend hours and hundreds of clicks brutalizing the DD while calling anyone who got it early a braggart or unworthy. You might not consider clicking for hours "efficient", but the point is that it's a streamlined approach maximizing the chance for payoff and not for enjoyment. The joy and mystery of someone going and finding it on the first try was what we wanted. Not rewarding luck or anything, just getting the item out there.

Also every time I see the phrase "slap in the face," I want to slap myself in the face. In B4 someone posts "slap in the face" a hundred times. But seriously, your perception is that we've done something with the intention of personally offending well meaning sincere people. But we just wanted the item to exist. I can't believe people can say they'd rather it not exist. This is just ridiculous to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:57 pm
User Image

And here's my favorite part
User Image
I think it should be based on how much you donate to the Dumpster Dive. I threw in so much stuff yesterday to get a chance and I felt like I was the only one throwing stuff in.
User Image
Where you beg for my heart and I disappear

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

souldriving

Sparkly Bloodsucker

11,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:58 pm
I know it's not much, but I'm throwing in all the crap I get from zOMG that I hate getting like the recipes and ingredients and yeah still not getting anything, but junk yet again from the Dumpster.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:00 pm
reapersun
The problem is, we didn't ASK you guys to spend 6-10 hours DDing for this item. Our thought process was like "oh, we need to release this in a finite quantity, what can we do besides manually gifting them" to "oh we should put them in DD, that'd be cute, a few users will get it and tell people and some other people will get it and it'll be fun;' it'll be expensive for awhile but at least it'll be available, if they actually like the item and want to work for it they can earn the gold." We didn't think, "haha, this way users will spend ten hours trying for a random grant that they won't get, haha." The work you guys put in was an extreme we were not expecting, call us naive. But it's definitely not "how you play the event."

It reminds me of the Jack event in zomg where users continuously layer hopped to make the most gold off of Jack. It's a broken down "efficient" method, not for the enjoyment of the event itself. They layer hopped to maximize the gold profit and made it hard for some people to fight Jack even once. You guys want something from DD so you spend hours and hundreds of clicks brutalizing the DD while calling anyone who got it early a braggart or unworthy. You might not consider clicking for hours "efficient", but the point is that it's a streamlined approach maximizing the chance for payoff and not for enjoyment. The joy and mystery of someone going and finding it on the first try was what we wanted. Not rewarding luck or anything, just getting the item out there.

Also every time I see the phrase "slap in the face," I want to slap myself in the face. In B4 someone posts "slap in the face" a hundred times. But seriously, your perception is that we've done something with the intention of personally offending well meaning sincere people. But we just wanted the item to exist. I can't believe people can say they'd rather it not exist. This is just ridiculous to me.

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:11 pm
User Image

And here's my favorite part
User Image
What's rediculous is the number of people just DDing only to try to get it. I remember being able to sit on DD all day and only have to stop once because it got low and then it's be back up again not too long after. I've been sitting here for like 2-3 hours since the last time I was able to grab something out of it.
User Image
Where you beg for my heart and I disappear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:23 pm
Blood Pop

Okay I remember reading that, but this was purely just me saying what do others think. I personally like that it's so exclusive to the Dumpster.  

souldriving

Sparkly Bloodsucker

11,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:36 pm
lol I know. XD Other people should still see reapersun's post so they don't start up a b***h fest over pixels that are honestly not that great. X3  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:41 pm
Blood Pop
lol I know. XD Other people should still see reapersun's post so they don't start up a b***h fest over pixels that are honestly not that great. X3

Ahh okay then. Well let me add that to the beginning post so everyone can see it as well.  

souldriving

Sparkly Bloodsucker

11,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200

Malevolent Seduction

Genius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:22 pm
I read reapersun's post and I kind of agree with him. But he should know that Gaia members are money-crazed. : /  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:49 pm
Malevolent Seduction
I read reapersun's post and I kind of agree with him. But he should know that Gaia members are money-crazed. : /

Reapersun is a female sweatdrop  

neonchrome
Crew

High-functioning Ladykiller

21,150 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150

Malevolent Seduction

Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:07 am
neonchrome
Malevolent Seduction

Reapersun is a female sweatdrop

...my mistake. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:15 am
I got one, but i sold it for 600,000  

Baby Princess Belle

10,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points