Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to Nosgoth - a Legacy of Kain fanguild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Vampires, Raziel, Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Eidos 

Reply The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum
I placed in the arena, but I feel bad about it.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArkRaptor
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:31 pm
User Image

I'm not the first person who's entered a Darkrai avatar.
Nor am I the first person who's placed with a Darkrai avatar.
As people are now, NOW that I've won, letting me know.

I feel bad.
But maybe that's just my depression taking everything too seriously.

I kinda wanna delete that entry now,
but then I'd probably just get bitched at.

Sorry for goin' all emo on you guys. It's been a bad weekend.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:03 pm
*snuggles the kitty*

It just means yours was better then the others. If people are harassing you close whatever method their using and report them. Arena tends to be jerks when people win anyway. I've seen them force someone to quit Gaia before cause they didn't like the person who won.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

ArkRaptor
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:15 pm
User Image

Well, they weren't really "harassing" me.

It's just me being overly sensitive...
I wish I wasn't so.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:06 pm
They just jelly -- I mean jealous.

So what if you're not the first Darkrai avatar to place, there are only so many cosplays to be done, chances are someone has done it already. Yours was good enough to place, that's the main thing and if you like it, who cares what they think, haters gonna hate *throws more cliches at you*

Personally I loved your avatar, I thought it was great and I really haven't seen another one like it <3

Don't get so down on yourself, but I know what you mean, things tend to be worse than they are when you're in a bad mood >:  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

trash witch

Witch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 pm
User Image

Nooo, don't feel bad kitty :c

Again, I'm sure they're just jelly over the winners, as they are every single week. Give it a couple of days and it'll blow over.

I'm actually very surprised that I'm getting good reception for my placing. . w .

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:01 am
I used to follow the arenas really closely much of last year. And yes, they ALWAYS get upset over the winners. Every week. Like clockwork.
In the cosplay arena you'll get complaints of "overdone" or "It's been done better" "already won" etc. In originals you'll get "cluttered" "doesn't fit theme/make sense with theme" "(x) did way better"

And yes, there are some people that I don't think deserved to win, but I've got better things to do than b***h at them or make nasty comments on their entry. If you end up near the middle of the scoring range, you don't tend to get too nasty comments or at least that's what happened with my Turel entry a couple years back.  

Lieutenant Turel

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:47 am
Lieutenant Turel
I used to follow the arenas really closely much of last year. And yes, they ALWAYS get upset over the winners. Every week. Like clockwork.
In the cosplay arena you'll get complaints of "overdone" or "It's been done better" "already won" etc. In originals you'll get "cluttered" "doesn't fit theme/make sense with theme" "(x) did way better"

And yes, there are some people that I don't think deserved to win, but I've got better things to do than b***h at them or make nasty comments on their entry. If you end up near the middle of the scoring range, you don't tend to get too nasty comments or at least that's what happened with my Turel entry a couple years back.

Wow, do they really get that butthurt? Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, after all, this is gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:57 pm
Yeah. You should see the comments during the voting process. A word of advice for cosplays: Never do Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Legend of Zelda, Cubone, or the latest meme. They are so overdone and people just downvote them without even looking at it.

Don't ever do a set. And make sure your entry is in the right area.  

Lieutenant Turel

The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff