Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
The "Post Your Youtube Thread" Of DW/Q G!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:43 pm
Hey guys, I know we all like our Youtube and OSTs, this is the thread to post them! As the OP, I will have responsibility to watch/listen to the links you send and reply so none of the neglect on my behalf.

With that said, post away!

OSTs

HOW THE HELL IS THIS APPROPRIATE MUSIC FOR RHONE CRASHING?! gonk
Edit: If you're as cool as Roto and I, you should probably get as excited about this as we were. <3

Quite possibly one of the greatest boss fight songs ever? And as you can see, I apparently have a fear of heights or Muriel is pushing me off the dragon. mad

Fire Emblem only wishes.. as in wishes it had this caliber of DUN DUN DUNage to the battle map songs, although granted FE is totally about the gameplay and not the music (minus FE4's case, oh God, I love FE4's soundtrack. <3 )

SPEAKING OF FE4... cue Thor Hammer spammage and unfair skills on a very sexy certain woman!

Then of course.. where FE4 is, gotta have FE5. And as the one commenter said, "******** YOU CYAS!" Funny how the most trolliest moment in FE5 also has my favourite song from the game.

IRL Music

If you've watched this movie, you win 100,000 vegan friendly chocolate chip cookies. :3

This too, sexiest Brit ever! (Ground control to major Tom~.)

I'll post more when I'm feeling like less of a link whore. D;  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:47 pm
In honor of the LP lulwut just finished making, I give you...
Necrosaro's theme.

I'd show off more from my expansive collection of 'OMG AWESOME MUSIC' that I seem to flaunt in my LP, but I have to run off to another lab.

Edit: On a later date, I might just make a post with all the music from my LP in here. Just to give you guys some fond memories. 8D
When it's complete, of course.

I'll throw a quick spoiler for a future boss fight.

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:04 pm
gabriel sama
Necrosaro's theme.

I'd show off more from my expansive collection of 'OMG AWESOME MUSIC' that I seem to flaunt in my LP, but I have to run off to another lab.

Edit: On a later date, I might just make a post with all the music from my LP in here. Just to give you guys some fond memories. 8D

I did not know you played Dragon Quest IV! I'm sure you know that IV is one of my favourite in the series that often quarrels with VI for best (IMO) DQ in the series. While we're on that note: the reason Nara is always in the lead and concerning the Zelda song, I haven't gotten around to playing the new DS Zeldas yet (you simply must try out some of the Link to the Past hacks out there!), but hearing that song is just pure badassery just begging me to whip out my wallet and buy it. While Oracle of Ages is my personal favourite Zelda OST thus far, I'm sure Minish Cap has some great songs as well. Mind linking more Minish Cap songs? You've gotten me curious. :B  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:50 pm
The Lolwut Pear
gabriel sama
Necrosaro's theme.

I did not know you played Dragon Quest IV! I'm sure you know that IV is one of my favourite in the series that often quarrels with VI for best (IMO) DQ in the series. While we're on that note: the reason Nara is always in the lead and concerning the Zelda song, I haven't gotten around to playing the new DS Zeldas yet (you simply must try out some of the Link to the Past hacks out there!), but hearing that song is just pure badassery just begging me to whip out my wallet and buy it. While Oracle of Ages is my personal favourite Zelda OST thus far, I'm sure Minish Cap has some great songs as well. Mind linking more Minish Cap songs? You've gotten me curious. :B

I tried my hand at an untranslated rom my friend had lying around on his computer. I was sadly unable to get very far, but it looked great. I certainly wish I could try my hand at some more of it, and maybe with a patch too. I haven't had a chance to try out any of the handhelds past Minish Cap (and I would love to try out some LttP hacks). And as for Minish Cap goodness, lesse...
Just imagine some intense boss battles or maybe going to visit the fairy fountain. Why not crawl through a royal crypt looking for treasure, or go skipping through Hyrule Castle taken over by Vaati? And if you just want to take a little breather from all the adventuring and trading and mastering sword techs, go take a nap in the smallest village in the WORLD. But no, not yet. Not until you get caught in the muck wandering near them ruins.
It's hard to find good ones when they all sound good.

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:46 pm
gabriel sama
The Lolwut Pear
gabriel sama
Necrosaro's theme.

I tried my hand at an untranslated rom my friend had lying around on his computer. I was sadly unable to get very far, but it looked great. I certainly wish I could try my hand at some more of it, and maybe with a patch too. I haven't had a chance to try out any of the handhelds past Minish Cap (and I would love to try out some LttP hacks). And as for Minish Cap goodness, lesse...
Just imagine some intense boss battles or maybe going to visit the fairy fountain. Why not crawl through a royal crypt looking for treasure, or go skipping through Hyrule Castle taken over by Vaati? And if you just want to take a little breather from all the adventuring and trading and mastering sword techs, go take a nap in the smallest village in the WORLD. But no, not yet. Not until you get caught in the muck wandering near them ruins.

You shouldn't need to play an untranslated ROM, as both the NES version and the DS version were brought to North America with full English translations (although note [although I'm sure you already know] the the NES version isn't Dragon "Quest" but Dragon "Warrior"). I do however highly suggest you fully play it sooner or later if you're big on music, it sure has an endless supply of fantastic music. For the battle themes, my personal favourite would be Dragon Warrior II out of all games, mainly due to probably the nostalgia of it, but I found DWII to have pretty kickass music for its time anyway, that is, if the player can get that far. ;D Also, honourable mentions to Dragon Quest V's Battle Song, I love how it sounds so mischievous, it fits the hero fully.
I was listening to the links you provided, and I really do enjoy how they keep to tradition to some songs (mainly the Hyrule Castle and Faerie Fountain ones), yet make them so beautiful and modern. Also, the boss theme wasn't as repetitive as some of its pre-predecessors (although all are fabulous) it was full out action packed and set the stage for an epic boss fight in general. Also, love for the Zelda series and their creepy Crypts! (Yes, I'm looking at you Shadow Temple.)
For the LttP ROM hacks because giving out links to .ips is perfectly fine: I'm currently playing this one, and as the creator of this wonderful piece of art said: not one thing is left unchanged, it's a whole new Zelda game altogether! Also, you may want to keep a savestate or two around, it can get pretty rough at times (ie: a room full of fire spewing torches with a dark labyrinth of holes to navigate through all whilst having only three hearts and a fall lands a whole -1 heart and going through a dungeon and a half without a sword).  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:49 am
The Lolwut Pear
gabriel sama
The Lolwut Pear
gabriel sama
Necrosaro's theme.

You shouldn't need to play an untranslated ROM, as both the NES version and the DS version were brought to North America with full English translations (although note [although I'm sure you already know] the the NES version isn't Dragon "Quest" but Dragon "Warrior"). I do however highly suggest you fully play it sooner or later if you're big on music, it sure has an endless supply of fantastic music. For the battle themes, my personal favourite would be Dragon Warrior II out of all games, mainly due to probably the nostalgia of it, but I found DWII to have pretty kickass music for its time anyway, that is, if the player can get that far. ;D Also, honourable mentions to Dragon Quest V's Battle Song, I love how it sounds so mischievous, it fits the hero fully.
I was listening to the links you provided, and I really do enjoy how they keep to tradition to some songs (mainly the Hyrule Castle and Faerie Fountain ones), yet make them so beautiful and modern. Also, the boss theme wasn't as repetitive as some of its pre-predecessors (although all are fabulous) it was full out action packed and set the stage for an epic boss fight in general. Also, love for the Zelda series and their creepy Crypts! (Yes, I'm looking at you Shadow Temple.)
For the LttP ROM hacks because giving out links to .ips is perfectly fine: I'm currently playing this one, and as the creator of this wonderful piece of art said: not one thing is left unchanged, it's a whole new Zelda game altogether! Also, you may want to keep a savestate or two around, it can get pretty rough at times (ie: a room full of fire spewing torches with a dark labyrinth of holes to navigate through all whilst having only three hearts and a fall lands a whole -1 heart and going through a dungeon and a half without a sword).

They were? o:
Huh... I'll look around for a Rom then. Can't wait to give it a whirl.
I gotta say, I love the music from all the DQ/W games. They give off all sorts of feelings, like this one from DQV. So ronery. :<
Nintendo has always done a good job of perfecting their music while sticking to what they've already brought out. Like... this is Ganon's theme from LttP, then they tweaked it a bit for OoT. Ganondorf's battle theme in FSA has parts that can clearly be heard in his theme in OoT. It takes some effort to actually find Nintendo remixing their songs, since they've changed bowser's song so many times it's crazy.
I was actually okay with the Shadow Temple's appearance after I got rid of Dead Hand, especially with the Lens of Truth. I honestly hated how grotesque Dead Hand was as a kid. I got to replay through the Shadow Temple last time I went to see my cousin, since he didn't know how to get through it. It was hilarious to see him flipping out when I started walking on nothing when there were actually invisible blocks he missed.
I will definitely look into these hacks. That description of the dungeon alone really makes me wanna try my hand at it.

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:01 am
gabriel sama
They were? o:
I gotta say, I love the music from all the DQ/W games. They give off all sorts of feelings, like this one from DQV. So ronery. :<
Nintendo has always done a good job of perfecting their music while sticking to what they've already brought out. Like... this is Ganon's theme from LttP, then they tweaked it a bit for OoT. Ganondorf's battle theme in FSA has parts that can clearly be heard in his theme in OoT. It takes some effort to actually find Nintendo remixing their songs, since they've changed bowser's song so many times it's crazy.
I was actually okay with the Shadow Temple's appearance after I got rid of Dead Hand, especially with the Lens of Truth. I honestly hated how grotesque Dead Hand was as a kid. I got to replay through the Shadow Temple last time I went to see my cousin, since he didn't know how to get through it. It was hilarious to see him flipping out when I started walking on nothing when there were actually invisible blocks he missed.
I will definitely look into these hacks. That description of the dungeon alone really makes me wanna try my hand at it.
Totally, ever since the DS release of Dragon Quest VI this year (which was magnificently done), the entire main series is available in English! Although some are rarer simply due to the lack of remakes (Dragon Quest I-III, only available on NES and GBC in NA, which is a shame as the SNES remakes are great you may have seen if you've seen my LP's on them), but they're there if you need them, and not to mention have great translated patches floating around on the internet if you're a SNES purist like me.
That's one of the main things that make me love Sugiyama as much as I do, (my bad fetish for orchestral music aside) is how he can take such moods and amplify them in one fantastic song. Although it's an odd example yet alone an odd concept, but here's an example. The dream-like song fits perfectly in the concept of a flying bed, almost as if to say "nothing's going to get me down!" I know I over interpret. >_> By the way, I do believe the video cuts short at 2:05.
In regards to Ganon's theme, this has to be my favourite remix of it, even if all it is in theory is just alternating the rhythm after every phrase. I also enjoy how in the game, it's Ganondorf playing the actual song so it's not just meaningless BGM. : P I suppose now that we're on the concept of Mario, I should totally mention that Super Mario Bros. 3 (All-Stars Remake) is my favourite in the series, they did a great job remixing Bowser's song in Super Mario RPG.
PS: I always thought of Bowser's SMB3 song to be like some sort of epic samurai showdown when I hear it. xD
I have to admit, I'm kind of a wuss and still play Battleship with Deadhand in the well fight, and I still use Din's Fire/Sun Song to fight Redeads/Gibdos, but the long fear of conquering the Shadow Temple without the lights on is long gone. Dx And there's a lot of backtracking in the first dungeon, but to my experience, that's almost as worse as it gets.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:26 pm
The Lolwut Pear
gabriel sama
They were? o:
Totally, ever since the DS release of Dragon Quest VI this year (which was magnificently done), the entire main series is available in English! Although some are rarer simply due to the lack of remakes (Dragon Quest I-III, only available on NES and GBC in NA, which is a shame as the SNES remakes are great you may have seen if you've seen my LP's on them), but they're there if you need them, and not to mention have great translated patches floating around on the internet if you're a SNES purist like me.
That's one of the main things that make me love Sugiyama as much as I do, (my bad fetish for orchestral music aside) is how he can take such moods and amplify them in one fantastic song. Although it's an odd example yet alone an odd concept, but here's an example. The dream-like song fits perfectly in the concept of a flying bed, almost as if to say "nothing's going to get me down!" I know I over interpret. >_> By the way, I do believe the video cuts short at 2:05.
In regards to Ganon's theme, this has to be my favourite remix of it, even if all it is in theory is just alternating the rhythm after every phrase. I also enjoy how in the game, it's Ganondorf playing the actual song so it's not just meaningless BGM. : P I suppose now that we're on the concept of Mario, I should totally mention that Super Mario Bros. 3 (All-Stars Remake) is my favourite in the series, they did a great job remixing Bowser's song in Super Mario RPG.
PS: I always thought of Bowser's SMB3 song to be like some sort of epic samurai showdown when I hear it. xD
I have to admit, I'm kind of a wuss and still play Battleship with Deadhand in the well fight, and I still use Din's Fire/Sun Song to fight Redeads/Gibdos, but the long fear of conquering the Shadow Temple without the lights on is long gone. Dx And there's a lot of backtracking in the first dungeon, but to my experience, that's almost as worse as it gets.

Huh... you learn something new everyday. I've got an SNES emulator, so I'll see if I can find some English roms of the games.
Orchestral music is amazing. There is like... no way that a song can't sound even more amazing orchestrated. Honestly. Find one song that isn't better sounded orchestrated.
Oh man, the tower theme was amazing. Especially since it's Ganondorf playing it. It's so awesome. Bowser has some great themes. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the final Bowser theme from Super Mario 64. I can't wait to hear another Mario game that captures that same energy this song has and make it even better!
Yeah, it does sound like that. XD
Oh, I hated the well fight. It was such a pain. I'm trying to hit the guy, but I'm too damn short! And by the time I land the jump attack, his head's already down and is about to bite me, but before I can attack, he raises his head out of reach again. I know in some games if you hit Gibdos with fire, they become Stalfos, but in others they become like... Redeads. Well, at least you can handle the Shadow Temple without the lights now.
I'll look around for the hack over the weekend.

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:26 pm
Ahahahaha.... Lulwut, I'm stuck in the hack! Dx
I just saved Zelda, but I don't know how to get back to Kakariko Village.

Maybe if I venture In the Name of Bern, I can get out.

Edit: Actually, I found my way out, but I've only got a half heart left and there's no way I can make it back to town. Dx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:19 pm
Oh man, I LOVE synthetic music (which is why FE4 is my all time favourite soundtrack in the series; not a big fan of the GBA soundtracks sadly as GBA didn't really have good sound quality being a portable system and a good chunk of FE9 and 10 were too quiet [pianissimo almost D; ])
But all n' all, I full out agree that nothing beats good ol' orchestra music. <3 (long video; sorry D; )
Oh dear lord, how could we possibly forget this Bowser's Theme?! God, he scared me when I was a kid and used to watch my older siblings fight him!
I always found the whole arm thing to be the scariest aspect of that fight, which is why I always throw bombs randomly everywhere and hope it hits him, I think one time I had to rely on Bombchus because I ran out of bombs. xD I don't recall a Gibdo ever turning into a Stalfo, but then again, I've never played Twilight Princess fully mainly due to my deathly fear of spiders and those Skulltulias were enough for me to put it away until I get over my fear just a little bit. gonk
As for the hack, if I can recall, it's just a short trip west, then ya' gotta find the flippers which I'm sure you can find on your own, then to the beach for some swimmin'. Oh, and make sure to buy a bottle in the woods if you want, as well as backtrack to the Guardhouse for some item lovin'.  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:58 pm
The Lolwut Pear
Oh man, I LOVE synthetic music (which is why FE4 is my all time favourite soundtrack in the series; not a big fan of the GBA soundtracks sadly as GBA didn't really have good sound quality being a portable system and a good chunk of FE9 and 10 were too quiet [pianissimo almost D; ])
But all n' all, I full out agree that nothing beats good ol' orchestra music. <3 (long video; sorry D; )
Oh dear lord, how could we possibly forget this Bowser's Theme?! God, he scared me when I was a kid and used to watch my older siblings fight him!
I always found the whole arm thing to be the scariest aspect of that fight, which is why I always throw bombs randomly everywhere and hope it hits him, I think one time I had to rely on Bombchus because I ran out of bombs. xD I don't recall a Gibdo ever turning into a Stalfo, but then again, I've never played Twilight Princess fully mainly due to my deathly fear of spiders and those Skulltulias were enough for me to put it away until I get over my fear just a little bit. gonk
As for the hack, if I can recall, it's just a short trip west, then ya' gotta find the flippers which I'm sure you can find on your own, then to the beach for some swimmin'. Oh, and make sure to buy a bottle in the woods if you want, as well as backtrack to the Guardhouse for some item lovin'.

Ah, Yuka Tsujiyoko, you are a master at composing amazing music. I'd have to rate that person up high with Yuki Kajiura for things like this and that.
Indeed. Orchestral tracks are amazing.
Oh, the intro to that song does sound like the Final Bowser theme I linked earlier. o: He was a fun guy to fight. XD God, now I miss Yoshi's Story. ._. I remember when I was younger and trying to get past his castle, there's one point in the game where there's knives that come out of the ground and I got impaled so many times and it was all 'D8 Yoshi don't die! D8' and then he died and was carried away and was locked away and I was sad. But overall a fun game. 3nodding
I don't think I ever relied on bombs against Dead Hand. My motto in that fight was 'stab it until it dies'. And yeah, the arms were crazy scary. And when they grab you and it looks like you're choking and you can't fight back because you can't reach because you're Young Link and ohgod. The Gibdo becoming a Stalfos was in the GBA games. But man, the spiders in Twilight Princess could have been a lot worse. You saw the trailers for the game where it shows you being chased, and then wrapped up by the spider, right? I'm still fond of this trailer though, cuz of the lols from the commentary. 'Will thou soar, or willst thou suck?' XD
I managed to pick up the boomerang and I'm in the church now, but I only have half a heart and a ton of monsters between me and some healing back in town.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 am
gabriel sama
Ah, Yuka Tsujiyoko, you are a master at composing amazing music. I'd have to rate that person up high with Yuki Kajiura for things like this and that.
Indeed. Orchestral tracks are amazing.
Oh, the intro to that song does sound like the Final Bowser theme I linked earlier. o: He was a fun guy to fight. XD God, now I miss Yoshi's Story. ._. I remember when I was younger and trying to get past his castle, there's one point in the game where there's knives that come out of the ground and I got impaled so many times and it was all 'D8 Yoshi don't die! D8' and then he died and was carried away and was locked away and I was sad. But overall a fun game. 3nodding
I don't think I ever relied on bombs against Dead Hand. My motto in that fight was 'stab it until it dies'. And yeah, the arms were crazy scary. And when they grab you and it looks like you're choking and you can't fight back because you can't reach because you're Young Link and ohgod. The Gibdo becoming a Stalfos was in the GBA games. But man, the spiders in Twilight Princess could have been a lot worse. You saw the trailers for the game where it shows you being chased, and then wrapped up by the spider, right? I'm still fond of this trailer though, cuz of the lols from the commentary. 'Will thou soar, or willst thou suck?' XD
I managed to pick up the boomerang and I'm in the church now, but I only have half a heart and a ton of monsters between me and some healing back in town.

Yuka Tsujiyoko, where would such a magnificent series be without you? Sadly, I've only played Xenogears ( <- So many memories of Miang kicking me a** to this song >_< ) which isn't a Xenosaga game, but has a few references here and there in the Xenosaga series so I've heard as well as Xenosaga Episode I (Shion: "Get out of my way! Or else...!!"), but I see that both of their soundtracks are made by the fabulous Yasunori Mitsuda , but do you mind posting more of Yuki Kajiura's works? I figure it will get me pumped to play the later Xenosaga entries when I find them as apparently, my town likes to pretend Episode II never existed and doesn't carry it anymore and I don't want to play Episode III until I play Episode II no matter how much people tell me to skip it.
Yes indeed, orchestra is indeed magnificent in all aspects. ;D
Sadly, I didn't get the chance to buy Yoshi's Story, mainly because I was still in SNES land (ie: Yoshi's Island, Mario Land, Mario RPG, etc), but the times my siblings rented it, those where memories to cherish. I liked the Jelly Tunnels with all the Nintendo references in them the most. xDD
>_> I didn't click those last two links, I'm deathly, DEATHLY afraid of spiders, although other than that, my phobia list is rather short.
How far are you now? I'm sort of wandering around the Dark World pretending I know where I'm supposed to go, I think I wandered into the sixth dungeon by accident. xD  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:36 pm
Hey guys, I was digging through my SNES collection today, or mainly my Enix/Quintet collection and nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks, you MUST listen to this, Illusion of Gaia is easily the greatest ARPGs you probably never played. heart
MY NOSTALGIA CONTINUES.. in the whole fourteen second DUN DUN DUNage of flying into the pixelated hole, I love you Actraiser, too bad no one else knows about you. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:15 pm
Has anyone ever heard of Soul Blazer? It's a game made by Enix and Quintet in which Enix- which I am a total sheep to and Quintet who were Gods back when they were alive. Anyway, I was browsing Youtube and came across this song and it's easily my favourite song in the game. Please listen to it and tell me what you think as I am very in love with this song at the moment! heart  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers