Reply Adult Furries Guild
Any furs use secondlife? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kobu Zero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm
Hey, are there any furs that use Second Life? For those who don't know Second Life is a 3D social world, completely user created. If you wanna check it out go to www.secondlife.com  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:58 pm
There's actually some past threads on this. This one and this one.

I don't know how many are still active though, so a new thread isn't so bad.

I'm on there, but I haven't been on much lately. Right now I'm just cleaning out my inventory and have a mini-landscaping job. razz  

Garek Maxwell

Fennec Dreamer

6,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:14 pm
I'm on there too  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:52 am
I have a secondlife my name is Takashi2  

Takashi_The_Dragon

3,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:18 pm
I use to, but it really wasn't much fun for me as I can't just blow money willy nilly and their building system is horrendous. XP
Bummer too because my rich friend bought me a gorgeous luskwood avi. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 pm
Their building system has a much easier learning curve than most CAD programs. Google SketchUp changed that a bit, but before that there was really only Second Life as a good easy to learn 3D building program. It's still faster and simpler for newbies to build in Second Life than it is in any other program I've seen.  

Garek Maxwell

WolfxLycan

6,650 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:55 am
If I could get this secondlife to work on this computer then yes I would since Ive had an account for three years and been gone from it for over 2 >,.,<
The viewers have issues like Phoenix and Prudence saying can't connect to host server and whatever  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:52 pm
I still fart around on there.

Look up Lilium Rexen  

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:57 pm
Garek Maxwell
Their building system has a much easier learning curve than most CAD programs. Google SketchUp changed that a bit, but before that there was really only Second Life as a good easy to learn 3D building program. It's still faster and simpler for newbies to build in Second Life than it is in any other program I've seen.

I think my problem is I learned how to build in a proper modeling program (3DS Max) before I was on SecondLife. So when I tried their system it felt horribly broken by comparison.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:12 am
Zuri-kai
I think my problem is I learned how to build in a proper modeling program (3DS Max) before I was on SecondLife. So when I tried their system it felt horribly broken by comparison.

Well there you go! 3DS Max is way more powerful than SecondLife. blaugh

For newbs like me, it helped me understand how these programs worked though. Helped out a lot when I later learned a CAD one. Now I'm fiddling with Blender to do sculpts. It's ...interesting. Going better than I last tried. 3nodding  

Garek Maxwell

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:06 am
Garek Maxwell
Zuri-kai

Well there you go! 3DS Max is way more powerful than SecondLife. blaugh

For newbs like me, it helped me understand how these programs worked though. Helped out a lot when I later learned a CAD one. Now I'm fiddling with Blender to do sculpts. It's ...interesting. Going better than I last tried. 3nodding

I need to start modeling again. I had my modeling/animation class two semesters ago and I'm starting to forget it. I may get back into SL once their new feature is working. Supposedly they're going to make it so you can import 3DS Max objects directly instead of requiring you to use their building system.
I've been using IMVU as practice for now. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:36 am
I've been intending to go there for a while, but never got to it.

1. Is it any good?
2. Do I have to go broke for it to be a pleasant game?  

ankarhagen

Loquoro

Dangerous Shapeshifter

14,900 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:48 am
I tried once before, but there was a lot of lag, it didn't seam worth the fight...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:02 am
Zuri-kai
I need to start modeling again. I had my modeling/animation class two semesters ago and I'm starting to forget it.

Same here, only I have like 10 programs I gotta keep track of for what to do in them. I've forgotten most of After Effects (movie editing/making program) and I mix up hotkeys for everything these days.

For the update, be patient. It's not out yet and it was announced, last I remember, sometime around mid last year at least. sweatdrop

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Foxton
I've been intending to go there for a while, but never got to it.

1. Is it any good?
2. Do I have to go broke for it to be a pleasant game?

1. Depends on who you ask. Graphic realism-wise, not really. Social interaction? Pretty good. Legos on steroids? Definitely. A game? Definitely not, unless you consider a messenger, chat, 3D development and e-commerce program to be a game... Sounds dull, but lots of people have plenty of fun shopping, talking, and messing around in programs like photoshop. So yeah... I think it's fun anyway.

2. You don't need to spend a dime to have fun. However, if you want a good avatar you'll need in world money. If you don't have enough, you'll need to spend a little. I don't know what the conversion rate is, but to give an idea here's what some of the good avatars range in price as.
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1st-Act-Werewolf-Shadow-female/1194978
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Black-Husky-Male/1881029
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Luskwood-Hyena-Furry-Avatar-Spotted-Male/983322
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Free-Avatars-By-Wingless-Emoto-Full-Set/748136
Note: Wingless (the seller to the free ones) has non-free ones as well. The free ones are there because of a falling out with a partner who didn't do much but acted like he owned everything. In retaliation, she made them free, eliminating the possibility of him earning anything.

Those all display the price in US dollars along with the linden (in world currency) price.

Despite that, you can make due with freebies like I did. If you get good at building and working with sculpties and even making sculpties, then you can earn good money. I've never spent a dime on SL, and I do just fine. I learned to build in it though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kayian
I tried once before, but there was a lot of lag, it didn't seam worth the fight...

SL's iffy with lag. On one hand, you're downloading all kinds of information from their servers just to display the world. It's like what Everquest used to be like before MMO's switched all that to the client. On the flip side, it's computer intensive because it is difficult to optimize things in such a variable format. So...It really depends. Some days SL's servers are really bad, while others it's not. Can't say for sure, but for a lot of people it seems to be their computers or connections. sad  

Garek Maxwell

Neskers

Fluffy Wolf

13,325 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:19 pm
I go on there :3 search Neskers Resident  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items