Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] Fates Design (Eudeyrn x Faraa) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:42 pm
For the first time in a few days he was feeling strong. Like many of the pride his age Eudeyrn had begun to feel the ravages of the plague. He had good days and bad, though lately the bad had been overwhelming. In the past few days he had been unable to even leave the den, and had felt a certain pang of guilt in being unable to leave his usually offerings. So, now that he was doing well, he was redoubling his efforts. Around his neck were a number of vines and intertwined branches, all heavily laden with soft white flowers and calming herbs. Once he'd found a few more he planned to drop them off at the altars.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:04 pm
Faraa sighed and paced around in a circle once more. She couldn't decide what to do. Her brother and sister weren't available to play with, so she had decided that she would go and find something to do herself. However, after about half an hour of searching, she could not find anything to do so she decided to take a walk to see what was going on in the pride.

Soon after, she spotted another lion in the distance. She didn't know what he was doing, so she decided to ask him. Jogging up to the lion, she paused for a few seconds before asking him "What are those flowers for?" She often couldn't remember other member's names unless she stayed with them for a while and they repeatedly told her their name. She thought she may have recognized this lion, but she wasn't sure.

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:09 pm
For a moment he thought it was Haruma that approached him, and he nearly said so. Upon closer inspection though he realized it wasn't, still it was too close a similarity to be coincidental. The flowers? "Oh," he said softly, his voice raspy a little before he cleared his throat, "They're an offering, to the gods, to ask that my family be safe." It wasn't as if any of them were likely to make an offering themselves. Some were too busy shallowly chasing girls. He found it a little disheartening, but then hadn't that been what he had done with Haruma? No, they had a different bond, they understood each other, it wasn't some fleeting crush. "If they feel they're remembered maybe the plague won't hit as hard in the future," he added, the hopeful tone showing through in his voice.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:11 am
Faraa nodded her head in both agreement and understanding. "That sounds like a good idea! I'm sure that they will like them!" She exclaimed, still as positive as ever. She certainly thought it was a good idea. Who didn't like flowers? Well, except for flowers with bees on them, or if they made you sneeze.

Remembering that she wasn't alone she looked at the male and looked at the flowers he had. "Do you want any help? I bet they'll like it if there are more flowers! Oh, and I'm Faraa. What's your name?" She asked while she looked around to get some of the flowers herself.

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 pm
Help? He hadn't considered it, after all this was most often his burden to bear. On the rare occasion he accepted help it was from Haruma or his mother. Still, he supposed it wouldn't hurt. The gods would understand his situation, and how he hoped to make his new companion happy. Everyone here deserved some happiness, however they gained it. "Eudeyrn," he said with a smile, "Faraa then, I know your sister Haruma very well." He wasn't sure what Haruma said about him to her family, if anything, and he didn't want to impose if she wasn't ready to.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:35 pm
She smiled and her tail swiveled a bit at the mention of her sister. He knew her sister? She wondered how. She hadn't ever met him... oh yeah! She did remember her sister mentioning someone with that sort of sounding name. But she didn't really hear anything about him. "Really? I hope you really like her! I heard that you guys get together a lot. Anyway, are we getting those flowers?" She asked, glancing at the ones around his neck. "What if we got some more colors? They might really like a lot of colors." She said, looking around at the ground, trying to find some flowers.  

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:50 pm
Eudeyrn blushed, wondering what her family must think if they knew they spent so much time together. Then again, he didn't know much about her family situation other than that she and her siblings had been left at the edge of the pride. "I usually just get white," he admitted, a bit off put by the fact that he had never thought a variety might please them more, "What colors do you think they'd like best? Haruma goes out gathering too for her healing so I know where to find most things." And if he wasn't sure they could always wander. The benefit of a small enclosed prideland was that there was little chance of getting lost. It was comforting in a way, that someone would always know where he was.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:12 pm
She thought about it for a bit. "Hmm... pink, purple and blue might be good! Those are some of my favorite colors. And maybe a little red too." She said, looking around for a bit more before turning back to him. "Oh yeah! She does go out a lot. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I still need to think about it myself." She replied, tilting her head a bit in concentration.  

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:52 am
He smiled, turning from her for a moment as he scanned the horizon for a rock Haruma had told him about. He new that beneath it lay purple and blue, though he wasn't sure about the pink or red. "I'm training to become a priest," he told her as he spotted the rock and began to move toward it, "I mean, if you hadn't guessed." It wasn't something many of the others his age appreciated, but it meant a lot to him and as long as he had Haruma's support he knew he would be fine. After a few minutes moving he spotted the flowers and sped up, settling beside the rock to wait for her appraisal. They were an odd sort of wildflower, with an almost sickeningly sweet scent, nestled under the shadow of the rock. Most were a deep purple, though a few blue blossoms peeked their petals out into the sun.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:57 am
She nodded her head. "I've seen some of those. I think it's great. Being able to help people like that, I want to do something too." She said, almost muttering to herself as she looked around. Once she noticed he wasn't where he had been before, she looked around until she spotted him, jogging a bit to catch up. Smelling the flowers before she saw them, her nose scrunched up a bit. However when she finally caught up to him she looked down to see the flowers. "Ooh, these would be great! Only a few of them though perhaps because the gods might not like a bunch of smelly ones overpowering the rest of them." She said, looking at him and smiling.

"At least you know what you want to do. I'm not sure myself. I was thinking maybe a hunter or something, since food is always good and that would put a smile on other's faces." She said, looking for a flower to pick.

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dulcea

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:01 pm
Eudeyrn nodded in agreement, "We wouldn't want to overpower it too much, many of the sicker lions visit the altars, it might not settle well with their stomachs." He'd need to ask Haruma about that later on, since he wasn't too sure. His own sickness had only extended so far to his energy and his lungs, but he knew for many it could change in an instant. She was very observant of his symptoms now, it was comforting in a way. "I think you'd make a fine hunter," he said approvingly as he began to gently pull the flowers from the ground. In a few of them he tried to keep the roots intact, thinking he might replant them near the family den to see if his mother would like them. "You seem determined, and if you don't like it you can always ask for another duty."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:38 pm
She blushed a bit at the compliment. "Thank you. I've never really talked to anyone about it, I feel like I need to connect to my siblings a bit more, and the rest of my family." She said, looking at the ground and then lifting her head up by the end of it. "I like to look forward to the future and spend every point of life appreciating the fact that I'm just alive. I know some of the others may not feel that way, but to get a chance at life, even if it is not the one you expected is always good to me." She said, almost to no one.

"I'm sorry, I went off a little right there. I think we should get a few more and then separate them into piles to give to each of the gods." She wasn't oblivious to the suffering of the others in the pride, but she liked to think of it as a gift rather than a curse. She may not know what the others were going through, but she would do everything she could to help.

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dulcea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:50 pm
He could certainly appreciate her vigor. She was right, he knew, life even sick was much better than no life at all. It was an opportunity gifted to them by the gods and should be respected. Wise thoughts from such a young pair, he thought with a crooked smile, that's what the older priests would say if they ever heard him. "Have you ever thought about what would happen if we all woke up one morning and the disease was gone?" he asked her, a curious look in his eyes. It was something he thought on often, and prayed on even more, but it was just a dream. Such a thing would certainly never happen in their lifetimes.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:54 pm
Immediately she replied, "Nope!" She really hadn't. The pride's current condition was just something she had just gotten used to. But she thought about it a little. "Well... I suppose first we would celebrate. And then we would try to get more members. I certainly don't think we would declare war on any other place, but perhaps just try to get used to life without constantly thinking in the present and instead thinking about the future." She said, poking some grass with her paw a bit.  

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dulcea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:38 pm
"The future," he said with a smile, closing his paw around a half open blossom, "I think I could get used to something like that." With Haruma maybe, he could still have a future. She could take care of them, though he wished she didn't have to. It would be a long while before he thought he could be comfortable with the idea, and he might not have that long anyway. But he had to do something. "Do you want to have cubs?" he asked offhandedly, not realizing how it might come across. It was something he often thought of when he lay awake at night. Sure, it would be nice, but he would also be terrified. What if he outlived them? His mother must feel the same.  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff