Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
So, my problem

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IDK WTF Im Doing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:47 pm
Yesterday i was riding along the north slope to find a quater horse, well that quater horse was lame, so i pull out my rifle, a wenchester .30 well i bring down th elever and when i go to put it back up it jams, then i expel the round from the rifle and it did it again, so whats causing he problem.

long story short i had to go back to home to get another gun to put that quater horse down, but why did it jam?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:25 am
The most obvious problem, especially for a gun that sees a lot of the outdoors like I'd imagine yours does, is that there's a rock or something that fell into the mechanism. See if it works again after a good cleaning?

ETA: Oh, I've also seen similar problems in an AR when there was a squb'd bullet stuck in the barrel. It fed correctly, but the obstruction at the base of the barrel caused the new cartridge to not be able to fit in the chamber correctly, and the bolt wouldn't go fully into battery. Luckily the hammer couldn't connect with the firing pin because of this, or the gun would have exploded quite dramatically. That's an easy check though, and again it'll show up in cleaning when you run a rod down the barrel and it won't go through. You generally notice something like that when it happens, though, (especially with robust-recoil rifles like a .30) because a fired bullet goes "puh" and there's hardly any recoil.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:36 pm
perhaps your mag tube spring isnt exerting enough force to make the rounds tilt high up enough when they are about to go into battery?

if it's not that it could be an ammo problem or certain parts might be dirty.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:47 am
i tried both, but its works then jams again. i cleaned well, i put oil in the correct spots, i think i need a new tube mag,  

IDK WTF Im Doing

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:46 pm
IDK WTF Im Doing
i tried both, but its works then jams again. i cleaned well, i put oil in the correct spots, i think i need a new tube mag,
try stretching the spring out and then smoothing the tube out with a copper brush?  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games