Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Design Tool Glitch! Help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vilified

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 am
This started happening recently and it's causing me to have to quit without saving and come back.

Every time I use the design tool (Palette thing) nothing happens, as if it's taking an extremely long time to load but it never actually does. It happened in CAS, you know when you click the design tool all the other things slide off the screen and then the deign options show, well that never actually happens. There is nothing on the screen, nothing comes up. My sim is just standing there blinking and waving their arms around. It won't let me click on anything else but the game options (Save, quit, options, Main Menu, etc.) I can still turn my sim around and if there is nothing wrong but nothing will come up.

Same thing in build mode. I can't design anything, because if I do I'll have to quit without saving. It won't let me do ANYTHING but quit. This just started happening, I've never had this happen.

I haven't downloaded anything new or anything. It worked fine at first but now. UGH. This is driving me crazy, I need my furniture to match!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:26 am
I had this happen a few times in my game but it cleared up on its own so I really don't know what to suggest.

Have you tried running the game with no CC to see if that makes any difference?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items