Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:49 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgr3kTU68uw  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:57 pm
Man, if Deadliest Warrior ever gets their hands on this, they'll compare it to the Barnes Varmint Grenade video, and then it's all over.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Fresnel
Man, if Deadliest Warrior ever gets their hands on this, they'll compare it to the Barnes Varmint Grenade video, and then it's all over.
Anyone who takes Deadliest Warrior seriously is a moron. I was watching an episode with my cousin. It was Green Beret vs Spetsnaz. To compare the two handguns they set up "friendly" and "enemy" targets in a dark room and each side has to clear the room of enemies as fast as possible while wearing night vision goggles. Sure it makes good entertainment, but it does nothing to test the accuracy or the stopping power of either gun which is what the test of the guns should have been testing.

Then there was Shaka Zulu vs William Wallace. They tested the striking power of the claymore sword. It decapitated like 4 targets in one swing. When I looked closer at the decapitated necks there was no spine in them so he was just cutting through meat or whatever they used to simulate flesh. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:20 pm
some of that is FMJ vs soft point.  

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:10 pm
SpeedmanRC
Yes some of it is, but to a degree it still makes a good comparison.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:06 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
SpeedmanRC
Yes some of it is, but to a degree it still makes a good comparison.
Yeah... 7.62x39 v. 7.62x63 is pretty obvious though, soft point or no.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:08 pm
I wanna see the 7.62x54R vs. .30-06. There's probably not much difference.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:33 pm
-06 is, like, x63, right? So probably not much, as x54 is a VERY fat round. Though, IIRC, -06 was pretty much the gold standard of case volume to case length to bullet size, and considered one of the most efficient bullet designs for a very long time. Browning liked it so much that the .50BMG uses all the same ratios and angles.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:30 pm
Hate to burst your bubble on bashing the AK but theres a video that compares the AR and AK. They shot the AR15 at 2 4x4 wood blocks and the bullet didn't go through. They did the same with AK and the bullet went through with a slight tumble but was still flying relatively straight.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:49 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Hate to burst your bubble on bashing the AK but theres a video that compares the AR and AK. They shot the AR15 at 2 4x4 wood blocks and the bullet didn't go through. They did the same with AK and the bullet went through with a slight tumble but was still flying relatively straight.
That seems biased. I've put 55gr. FMJ .223 through light steel plates.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:57 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
2 blocks back to back. I would post the video link but I'm on a smart phone so its really time consuming and frustrating. Actually they seemed to favor the AR over the AK because of the smoother firing and range potential.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:27 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
2 blocks back to back. I would post the video link but I'm on a smart phone so its really time consuming and frustrating. Actually they seemed to favor the AR over the AK because of the smoother firing and range potential.
I gotta say, there's nothing like an AR for smooth shooting. That huge buffer tube REALLY helps out. Although the gas up your nose from the charging handle can get a tad distracting.

Anywho, doesn't it seem odd that the caliber best suited for penetration did worse in a penetration test?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:32 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Firstly not bashing the AK. The title of the thread is the title of the video,

Secondly you are comparing a .30 bullet to a .22. It's obvious that the .30 does more damage than the .22 but that was not the point of the video. The point of the video is showing that the 7.62x39 isn't an evil heat seeking baby killer that explodes with the force of 10 sticks of TNT that the media would want the public to think.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:42 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
I gotta say, there's nothing like an AR for smooth shooting. That huge buffer tube REALLY helps out. Although the gas up your nose from the charging handle can get a tad distracting.

Anywho, doesn't it seem odd that the caliber best suited for penetration did worse in a penetration test?
take into consideration that the 7.62 is a heavier set bullet so it weight being driven by a mach 3 force makes it a near juggernaut. Wood is also much different that steel or concrete since it a maleable substance.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:44 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Valkyrie Hatter
Firstly not bashing the AK. The title of the thread is the title of the video,

Secondly you are comparing a .30 bullet to a .22. It's obvious that the .30 does more damage than the .22 but that was not the point of the video. The point of the video is showing that the 7.62x39 isn't an evil heat seeking baby killer that explodes with the force of 10 sticks of TNT that the media would want the public to think.
its called sarcasm. A .223 bullet wouldn't have performed much better than the .30 Russian.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff