Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Booty Grab Changes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Booty Grab Changes
  I like them
  I dislike them
  I'm still going to start a new tank
  Hell no I'm not going to start a tank with this in place
View Results

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:27 am
Panagrammic
Booty Grab Changes
There is an announcement coming, but until then, there are some changes to BG gameplay that you'll start seeing immediately:
- the number of gold sprites on screen has been decreased by a factor of 4. This means gold earnings will also drop.
- to compensate, the player : owner ratio has changed from 4:1 to 1:1
- this means that owners should be making about as much as before, but the tanks will be substantially less laggy
- the notion of a player bonus has been added; this is a multiplier that is added to the player's earnings only. For example, a 2000/500 game before would pay the same as a 500/500 game with a player bonus of 300%. (Note that this will report as a 2000/2000 game, but the bonus is only applied to the player's earnings).
- We'll be tweaking the player bonus to try and get player earnings to about what they were before. You'll be able to see the player bonus under the tank when you play.
- We will be gradually decreasing the player bonus over the next several weeks as more users open up tanks. Our intention is to get it as close to 1:1 as possible.
- Why? Because a 1:1 ratio allows us to a) offer dolphin-level fish again, b) offer fish for gold, c) offer much cheaper fish, and in the long run d) makes it much easier to balance the game.
- If you have feedback on these changes please direct them to the Site Feedback thread.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 am
So now we have to see how these gold fish are going to pan out profit wise.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
Dolphin Mania v2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items