I MAD Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:17 pm
I'll get to LoK-relatedness in a moment but first I need to vent.

As most of you are aware I babysit my nieces on a regular basis. They're beautiful, lovely, smart, little girls - too smart for their own good sometimes - and I do my best as their Aunt to keep an eye on them. Well, my sister just arrived a few minutes ago in tears because a neighbour left a note saying that on two separate occasions she arrived at the door and my eldest, 4-year-old niece Cara answered it with no one accompanying her. I swear to you now that I heard no knock or ANYTHING signifying that someone was at the door so I wonder what's going on.

I'm going to admit I made a huge mistake not checking to see if the doors were locked, that's something I'm going to make sure from now on when I go over there, but really, I'm wondering if this lady is a ninja or something and if so, why was she coming to our door? Why didn't she call out? No, instead she leaves this highly impersonal and highly pretentious note. It made me feel s**t as an Aunt and I can only imagine how it made my sister feel as a parent.

Really, what did that lady want other than to be nosy? I'm glad for the heads up, but man, sometimes I wish people would mind their own business.

Anyway, gonna be angry for a little while longer, so lets move onto a more relevant subject to this guild.

Has Turel picked out names for his babies yet? He should name some after us, because we're awesome. Also, when they're born, he should watch out for nosy neighbours.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:42 pm
You should teach the four year old to NOT ANSWER THE DOOR. Why was the four year old answering the door to begin with? When I was a kid and someone was at the door I had to get an adult. If Cara has been taught to answer the door or thinks that she should do so, then who knows whom she'll answer it for.  

Lieutenant Turel

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:52 pm
Cara has speech development issues. Not only can't she really talk, but she also has a hard time understanding.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:58 pm
I'm sorry you had to go through that.

O_o fun fact: When I was a kid my parents used to leave the front door unlocked when we were home during the day and these neighborhood kids across the street I used to play with would ACTUALLY come into our house looking for me to play with them and ask: 'Oh is so, and so, here?'

And my mom would be like: "O___O Um...no, No she's not. You guys gotta knock."

So they started having to lock the door at home.

don't ask why we had our doors unlocked we lived in a private community at the time.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:08 pm
Its because of all this ******** stranger danger, they have parents scared. A child has a better chance of getting hit by lightning than getting kidnapped. Yeah, its horrible when it happens, and I would be devastated if it happened to my girls but yeah, kids sometimes do things when you don't want to, know matter how careful you are. I thought the door was locked.

Anyway, in the note, I know the lady was probably only trying to help, but it still got me really pissed how she never tried to call out or anything. What was she doing at the door to begin with.

Thanks for understanding and not just jumping down my throat for being a bad Aunt;;;  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:48 pm
Children, statistically speaking (and I can get you every single source if you want) are more likely to be abducted by someone they know. In fact, in nearly all cases of 'abduction' it is by the non-custodial parent. The same goes with rape. Nearly all cases are date/acquaintance rape and the victim personally knows the rapist in question.

Is Cara autistic? Is that why she has speech issues? I've worked with autistic children a lot so I understand that it is a bit difficult, but things can get done. I say that with the intent on assuring you that a speech impediment does not mean a dreary life sentence for the child and there is still a lot of hope and a lot can be done.

Also, I think it is really creepy that the lady kept knocking on the door. I didn't get the 'she wanted to help' vibe. I got 'creeptastic nosy neighbor' vibe. And if you couldn't hear it, I wonder if she was knocking softly intentionally or goading Cara to the door.  

Lieutenant Turel

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:59 pm
My sister got her tested for autism, luckily she doesn't have it. She just is slow in her speech. My Aunt was the same when she was younger, she didn't start talking until she was 5. She has a person that helps her at her daycare and I have gone a couple times to volunteer and help her out. She's getting a lot better and in September she'll be starting kindergarten in spite of her difficulties so I'm glad.

Anyway, yeah, it did not make me feel good, getting that note. Unless she came when I was changing the twins upstairs, I don't know when she could have showed up, I never heard anything. And what made her come twice and not even try to call out to somebody?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

Yeah, that's more of a "really creepy nosy neighbor" thing.

:c

trash witch

Witch

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 pm
I'm just relived nothing happened to Cara, I'll double check that the doors are locked from now on, but now I'm afraid of the neighbour lady. I don't know what I'll say to her if she comes back and I actually confront her >:  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:21 pm
User ImageUser Image

"Why are you snooping around this house so much?"

trash witch

Witch

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:30 pm
Pffft, I suggest breaking her nose. She has no business snooping around. I have a feeling she knows about Cara's condition and is just being an "adult-brat" about it, spying on her like some zoo exhibit.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:37 pm
I'm just gonna lock the door, do my best to make sure Cara stays away from it, and pretend not to be home until she gets the picture.

What I would love to say to her is 'Oh, excuse me, can you hold on a sec? I have a child in the oven'  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:40 pm
Then, point to your stomach and ask her to hold your coat hanger.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:44 pm
Tell her to keep her creepy ***** ways away from your charges. Every time you see her call her a ***** for trying to 'break' into the house... see how long she tries to help then.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:53 pm
If you do my coathanger idea, record her reaction.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff