Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Guild Forum
Sufism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gintama fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:38 pm
Lately i've been doing some research on Sufism. So far it seems that Sufism is the mystical side of Islam. So dose anyone have any interesting info or stories about Sufism? Oh and do Sufis have to dress in white wool cloaks?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 pm
Read some works by Rumi. He's a famous Sufi mystical poet. His writing is amazing. He also invented the whirling dervish part of Sufism--y'know, where they whirl themselves into trances.  

Silver Nephil

kris-nun

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:37 am
I don't know much, but I checked out a book by Hazrat Khan. Volume 1 talks about the Sufi thoughts, aspects of Sufism, and The Sufi...All I know is, some consider it somewhat separate from Islam. Most Sufis are Muslim, but from what I've read, Sufi teachers didn't require all of their followers to be Muslim. I guess it's kind of like the Muslim version of Buddhism. confused
I can post bits of it I anyone is interested.

Note: I looked up Hazrat Khan and Wiki says he was a Muslim and a Sufi from India. He supposedly brought Sufism to the West(Europe).  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:42 pm
Check out this music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjaH2iuoYWE

The lyrics are Islamic, but I'm pretty sure its Sufi in nature. Because of the parts about wearing bangles to a shrine and such...  

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces