Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
THE PROPOSAL FOR GUILD TREASURY USAGE Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:30 pm
After much consideration of all the awesome ideas, we have come up with this concise list of proposed items. We may not have included everything, but it's as close as we can get, and actually have a chance of getting done.

Panagrammic,

This is our well thought out proposal for use of Guild Treasuries. It's time that the guilds got a major upgrade, and one that we have been clamoring for since day one on Gaia. Please remember, guilds are just specialized forums, but we have been ignored while the actual forums have gotten upgrades over time. It's our turn now.

-Cleaning out / deleting forums in one action- actually we want to sell back forums to the bank for 1/2 price; just like we sell items back to stores. Wiping out all posts on a forum would be GREAT!. This would include the main forum.

-Rearrange forums- right now we can't arrange order(.-actually you should have this programmed already but don't... just saying)

-Set up subforums within the forums

-Payout directly by Captain/Vice Captain for contests. Set this up on the moderator's panel the same as it is now for buying forums. We have to go there to do withdrawals and that way the log is automatically made on the crew log already in place on Gaia.

-Customizing guild banners/ colors/ layouts

-Setting up guild hall/home in towns with access to more than 1 room and allow multiple users in at one time- it would be run similarly to the way Rally is.(This was a frequently asked option)

-Crew tipping posts- in fact, we want tipping of posts in guilds like in forums!!!- Actually, just enhance guilds so we can tip anyway!

-New shop for guilds to use to buy items for guilds- this is a biggie, we know that! It is also a good gold sink for Gaia and would have items that we could use on the guild only, We will work with you on items! We suggest Leon as the NPC for that. He used to be NPC for Captain's Guild before it closed, and we took over much of that guild's business. This goes along with the item below about how to stop abuse- only let the guild mule spend the gold. Items are soulbound to a guild and cannot be sold on Marketplace. Things could include banners, shields, awards.. things of that nature.

-Ability to move threads on forums, and in long haul, be able to move between guilds- especially helpful on RP guilds

-Advertising- buy billboard to advertise on home pages- just one idea of advertising

------------ Ideas to limit abuse -----------
- IN ANY CASE, WE WANT THE USE OF TREASURY TO BE LOGGED AND VISIBLE TO ALL MEMBERS. Either the way it is on trade pages or under the Moderator's panel. That is a see only for anyone except C/VC/Crew and the only item on the Moderator's panel that anyone outside of crew can look at.

-Establish a guild Bank so that when donations are made to the guild, it goes to the Gaia run Bank to monitor the usage- withdrawals can be listed like on Trade pages or in the guild's homepage under the Moderator Panel. Something like this exists already where the all actions by crew are listed. So, make it visible to entire membership. Only Captain/Vice Captain/Crew can make withdrawals, and automated private message goes to Captain for each transation also

-Make the Guild Mules official. In every guild, there would be a special crew position, called Guild Mule. That account would have all the Vice Captain abilities, and the words Guild Mule showing under its name in the guild forums. And the mule's house would be the Guild house, and the mule's gold would be the guild's gold, and the mule could shop in the guild shop.

Other ideas that won't cost gold but were suggested:

-One thing that came up that doesn't cost gold but would help us a lot- We want to have new administrative positions created = especially helpful in RP guilds where a non-crew member can actually moderate the forum. Gaia has site/omni moderators for forums, we want them in guilds

-Captain can set a public guild to block outside posters.

-Group chats for guilds only

======================================================  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:46 pm
Here here!  

GGN Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:54 pm
It looks great! I think we have a great chance of getting this well-deserved, and long past due upgrade! I really hope we do, anyway!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

------I especially like the concept of being able to ban people within a public guild. T'would be super helpful during a public event.  

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:08 pm
I wish I would have thought of this before. It might take too much coding / work, though, but I dunno:

I'd like it if we could ban individual users from certain threads if they're disobeying rules or something. That would be very helpful [in my opinion]. What do you guys think? Just curious as to whether or not that's something that would be good for me to mention to Panagrammic in the future or not?

mamarita
Ebony the Peacian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:09 pm
That looks good  

God-the-almighty

Angelic Unicorn

welian

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:14 pm
Not bad. I'm all for being able to customize a guild page like a profile, but I know that will be one of the difficult things to program.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:38 pm
These are good idea's i like very much.  

l-Silk-l

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:03 pm
Amensu Saje
I wish I would have thought of this before. It might take too much coding / work, though, but I dunno:

I'd like it if we could ban individual users from certain threads if they're disobeying rules or something. That would be very helpful [in my opinion]. What do you guys think? Just curious as to whether or not that's something that would be good for me to mention to Panagrammic in the future or not?

mamarita
Ebony the Peacian

Whereas we want all the members to feel free to give is ideas, Pan has requested that we go through the guild. We have had a great working relationship with the developers in the past, and we cherish that. The fact that Pan is actually considering doing this for us is phenomenal in itself. Once he gets this proposal, he will be in contact with us to streamline it and add/subtract from what we want. That would be the time to propose that to him.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:21 pm
mamarita
Amensu Saje

mamarita
Ebony the Peacian

Whereas we want all the members to feel free to give is ideas, Pan has requested that we go through the guild. We have had a great working relationship with the developers in the past, and we cherish that. The fact that Pan is actually considering doing this for us is phenomenal in itself. Once he gets this proposal, he will be in contact with us to streamline it and add/subtract from what we want. That would be the time to propose that to him.

I figured that probably would be the best time. Thanks for the advice.  

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Kaput Cards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:24 pm
Looks good to me, can't wait to see how much of it the developers do. Just the subforum deletion/rearrangement would be a godsend.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:37 pm
Could we also suggest that crew be able to mass-select members on the member list so that those members can be simultaneously promoted, demoted, banned, or removed in the guild. I'd really like to see that available in the guilds I own. It helps to speed things up a little with the whole process of dealing with members.  

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

Bobby Dillon

Familiar Businessman

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:38 pm
Just one thing. The Guild Treasury shouldn't be needed; But the ability to ban someone from a guild, or a certain forum(s) for a period of time. Like a punishment. There is a full image of this idea in the Suggestions thread on page 17 I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:36 pm
Speaking as the Captain of a guild with 14 million in the bank... bravo!

I would love to be able to use it to run contests. Thanks to everyone for doing all the hard work to put this proposal together.

heart heart heart  

engineer-of-doom

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:56 pm
It looks great...! whee

Also, I agree with the idea to mass-select and remove/promote/whatever options are available guild members.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff