Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
I need some advice, and possibly help Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:39 pm
Well, first off, I suppose a lot of teenagers go through this, but, people at school just keep putting me down, and even making up things about me and all that. I usually shrug it off, but it's making me less-confident. And I suffer from paranoia. I really don't know what to do. I would go to someone in school. I'll try. I don't really know if this is serious or not. Or it's just temporary. But I've had the paranoia for over a year. It scares me. I want to be confident. What can I do? There are spells which fit what I'm going through, but I'm really stuck on what to do. Please, someone, help?  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:57 pm
I've been going though the same thing almost - just not the paranoia. I went to the teachers and they did little help.. All I can say if to find friends to help back you up. D: There's not much to do other than that.

When it's over, find something to distract yourself so it won't bother you, like I play videogames to release stress, or listen to music.

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. I'm a good listener, and sometimes people just need to vent.

I used to have irrational paranoia, and the only thing that helped me was daydreaming and listening to calming.  

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200

Chrono-Trigger-2012

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:23 pm
Spellcraft isn't the answer to everything. It's useful in situations as a last resort, but relying on it for petty things is just lame.

If you really are so worried about this problem, then see a medical professional that has a specialty in this matter.

As much as I don't always trust medicine, sometimes therapists (if you get the right kind) can help.

And as the above post said, talking with friends is always good. I know it has saved my a** a few times when I was feeling down, or even the times when I had become suicidal.

But really, don't just rely on magic.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:24 pm
If you're suffering from clinical paranoia- you should probably look into some professional help, because clinical paranoia can be really serious. I'm starting to deal with this with someone I love and it can be really harmful to their wellbeing and I'd hate to have anything bad happen to you or them.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm
Rumors are never fun... I guess you're getting tired of them and this is why you're not ignoring them anymore. Maybe talking to a professional would help. Or anyone who is close, friends, family, I'm not sure you position with that though.

I wouldn't diagnose yourself as paranoid, it could be something different, like anxiety, which can be treated.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:39 am
I understand what's happening to you, I went through something very similar at school.
I won't say 'ignore it' because that's a pile of crap. Ignoring doesn't work in my experience.

While I don't think spellcraft has a place here, I think spiritual growth does.
You're hurting and you're feeling put down by others.
Meditate on how you feel and let those negative feelings go. Meditate on what you would do if you could do anything to stop it. Meditate on how you can get past this.

Do what I did. School is a tool. You're there to learn and that's it. The better you do in school the better your chances once you graduate so throw yourself into school work.

If you need a hand with anything PM me  

doistu

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:50 am
Kisax127
I've been going though the same thing almost - just not the paranoia. I went to the teachers and they did little help.. All I can say if to find friends to help back you up. D: There's not much to do other than that.

When it's over, find something to distract yourself so it won't bother you, like I play videogames to release stress, or listen to music.

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. I'm a good listener, and sometimes people just need to vent.

I used to have irrational paranoia, and the only thing that helped me was daydreaming and listening to calming.

It's been happening ever since I was labelled the nerdy weird kid in school. Which happened over a year.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:56 am
Chrono-Trigger-2012
Spellcraft isn't the answer to everything. It's useful in situations as a last resort, but relying on it for petty things is just lame.

If you really are so worried about this problem, then see a medical professional that has a specialty in this matter.

As much as I don't always trust medicine, sometimes therapists (if you get the right kind) can help.

And as the above post said, talking with friends is always good. I know it has saved my a** a few times when I was feeling down, or even the times when I had become suicidal.

But really, don't just rely on magic.

I do have friends who support me. I need to talk to people. But my real friends are outside of school. I have at least one who I can talk to and trust in school, and my head of year, a member of staff.

And yeah. I shouldn't rely on magick.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:57 am
Esiris
If you're suffering from clinical paranoia- you should probably look into some professional help, because clinical paranoia can be really serious. I'm starting to deal with this with someone I love and it can be really harmful to their wellbeing and I'd hate to have anything bad happen to you or them.

Is there a way I can know for definite it's paranoia? Like are there symptoms or signs?

Well, if so, when I'm out in public, I look down, and I start feeling hot when people look at me and I get all shaky and breathe heavily and start thinking things.

I don't know if that's paranoia or not.

But people at school are definitely knocking down my confidence.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:00 pm
Aakosir
Rumors are never fun... I guess you're getting tired of them and this is why you're not ignoring them anymore. Maybe talking to a professional would help. Or anyone who is close, friends, family, I'm not sure you position with that though.

I wouldn't diagnose yourself as paranoid, it could be something different, like anxiety, which can be treated.

I have friends I can talk to. I'll have to talk to my parents or my mum about this. But my mum always has to tell the school and get the people involved. Which I don't want because I don't know for sure what this is yet, and the thought of telling a lot of people who do "mistreat" me about this worries me.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:04 pm
doistu
I understand what's happening to you, I went through something very similar at school.
I won't say 'ignore it' because that's a pile of crap. Ignoring doesn't work in my experience.

While I don't think spellcraft has a place here, I think spiritual growth does.
You're hurting and you're feeling put down by others.
Meditate on how you feel and let those negative feelings go. Meditate on what you would do if you could do anything to stop it. Meditate on how you can get past this.

Do what I did. School is a tool. You're there to learn and that's it. The better you do in school the better your chances once you graduate so throw yourself into school work.

If you need a hand with anything PM me

Yeah. It can be hard to ignore it and it still bothers me when I'm not in school. Which yet again is worrying o.o

I know the negative feelings will go. They usually do. As I've noticed I'm happier outside and away from school. It's a recurring pattern.

Meditate on it? How does that work? o.o Or go?

Well, whatever emotional damage that's been made, will I get past that? Again, this is worrying.

I know. I'm just trying to get through school, but people treating me like this for no reason is just getting too far and needs to stop.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:47 pm
Aw, deary. I know what you're going through--people can be jerks. They used to---ok, they still do--talk about me and spread nasty rumours about me, just because I'm a little different. What helped me get over it was realizing that no one's opinion matters but your own. So Mary-Jane and Bobby-Joe think you're weird. So? They can think what ever they want. What matters is what you think. Don't let other people rule your life.

Also, try to do better in school. You really want to show them up? Do better than them. Ace that math test, get the highest score on your science exam, blow your teacher away with your awesome book report. People respect that, even though it's rumored that the kid with all A+ grades is a 'loser' or whatever. You know who the real losers are? People who put others down.

About the paranoia--spellcraft can ease your mind a bit, [mostly medatation, maybe burning some sage or lavender] but proffesional help is best if it's interferring with your daily life.

And wow, sorry about the super-long post. But feel free to PM me if you need to talk.  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 pm
Something happened today which has seriously pi**ed me off and confused me. Long story short, someone told a joke I didn't find funny so he called me gay. Then he kicked me in the privates which really hurts. And I'm still having pain.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Yeah. It can be hard to ignore it and it still bothers me when I'm not in school. Which yet again is worrying o.o

I know the negative feelings will go. They usually do. As I've noticed I'm happier outside and away from school. It's a recurring pattern.

Well, whatever emotional damage that's been made, will I get past that? Again, this is worrying.

I know. I'm just trying to get through school, but people treating me like this for no reason is just getting too far and needs to stop.

First, the emotional damage. Know that you've been hurt and desire to move past it. Accept and confront what has happened to you and know that you may need to do certain things to help you move on.
But in the long run, you will move on. It might take some work but it's worth it.

In terms to meditating, why not try this exercise? Go to a private place of comfort (bedroom and the like) and settle yourself down. Either sit comfortable or lie down.
Clear your mind, get all of those nasty words and everyday thoughts out of your head. All you can see is black. Visualise yourself walking forward. After a time you come to a door. Notice how you feel about the door, is it scary? It's it comforting?
Open the door and step inside.
It's a child's bedroom. Notice the toys and bed and walls. In the centre sits your 6 year old self.
Talk to your younger self and ask them how they feel about what's happening with you. Really converse with yourself, let the conversation goes wherever it needs to go.
When you're tired or you've had enough of talking. Say goodbye and walk back out of the door.
Know that you can go and talk to your younger self whenever you need to.

I've found it really helps to get that inner childs perspective on what's happening.

I hope this helps. xx  

doistu

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:15 pm
doistu
Azareas Aquarinus

First, the emotional damage. Know that you've been hurt and desire to move past it. Accept and confront what has happened to you and know that you may need to do certain things to help you move on.
But in the long run, you will move on. It might take some work but it's worth it.

In terms to meditating, why not try this exercise? Go to a private place of comfort (bedroom and the like) and settle yourself down. Either sit comfortable or lie down.
Clear your mind, get all of those nasty words and everyday thoughts out of your head. All you can see is black. Visualise yourself walking forward. After a time you come to a door. Notice how you feel about the door, is it scary? It's it comforting?
Open the door and step inside.
It's a child's bedroom. Notice the toys and bed and walls. In the centre sits your 6 year old self.
Talk to your younger self and ask them how they feel about what's happening with you. Really converse with yourself, let the conversation goes wherever it needs to go.
When you're tired or you've had enough of talking. Say goodbye and walk back out of the door.
Know that you can go and talk to your younger self whenever you need to.

I've found it really helps to get that inner childs perspective on what's happening.

I hope this helps. xx

Thanks smile  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games