Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Those who think that Kingdom Hearts is Final Fantasy........

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyohei_Lockhart_Strife

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 am
Kingdom Hearts ISN'T Final Fantasy because it is it's own title and does not incorporate any final fantasy elements in it besides the characters, Magyk, and the summon system and even then they are not a system from final fantasy these games were created to show children 10-13 that Death always comes but in a nice Disney kind of way not the way Square Enix does it were there is death all around.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:14 am
agreee 3nodding  

Torio lll

Militant Tactician

Kyohei_Lockhart_Strife

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:40 pm
thank ya! ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:43 pm
I like KH. I think it can be better classified as a "crossover" between Disney and Final Fantasy though, in which "original characters" are introduced, kind of like a fanfiction, except with official permission and made by professionals, and playable...XD.

You know what though? I'm only about five (not even a full five) episodes into Final Fantasy Unlimited, and while I can see the connections, there's something about it that makes it hardly worth being called "Final Fantasy", and my first FF, "The Spirits Within" is something closer to "Men in Black" or "Independence (sp?) Day," or worse alien invasion movies, only computer animated. The only thing FF about that is that some of the "aliens" or "ghosts of aliens" look like some summons/monsters from FF and that there's a guy named "Cid" in there...blah. I think those are even less FF than Kingdom Hearts.  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:32 am
Of course they had to have the cameos though, it's so people will say "Oooo, it has ____ it must be good."  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:32 am
the thing for me was that Square made it and not anybody else.  

Kyohei_Lockhart_Strife

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Statustician 100

Dusky of Old

Feral Prophet

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:45 pm
Zerotheslayer
I like KH. I think it can be better classified as a "crossover" between Disney and Final Fantasy though, in which "original characters" are introduced, kind of like a fanfiction, except with official permission and made by professionals, and playable...XD.

You know what though? I'm only about five (not even a full five) episodes into Final Fantasy Unlimited, and while I can see the connections, there's something about it that makes it hardly worth being called "Final Fantasy", and my first FF, "The Spirits Within" is something closer to "Men in Black" or "Independence (sp?) Day," or worse alien invasion movies, only computer animated. The only thing FF about that is that some of the "aliens" or "ghosts of aliens" look like some summons/monsters from FF and that there's a guy named "Cid" in there...blah. I think those are even less FF than Kingdom Hearts.

I have too Say That Unlimited was Very much Like a Normal Final Fantasy,Just Changed Some for Anime Purposes.
But Yes, KH is a Far cry from FF.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 pm
When you talk about Spirits Within, though... It definitely is very different from most other Final Fantasy stuff, but I really don't think it's as different as most people seem to. It has a very different atmosphere, but it's got plenty of the same themes. The really, really huge one, though, is the idea of Gaia. Not just as the name of the planet, but as the planet being as living thing, and the cycle of souls through it. It's actually quite similar to VII and IX.

If you think about it, it's not even that much more scientific than some of the games. Stuff like advanced spaceflight was introduced in the series before the movie, and nobody complained then.

That said... it's not a good movie. But it's not as Godawful as people make it out to be, and it certainly doesn't have nothing to do with Final Fantasy.

I think I've said this all before, but I don't know, so I'm saying it again.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Kyohei_Lockhart_Strife

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:12 pm
Lol please don't get me started om Spirits within I have over 2 millions things that i can say about that stupid movie -_-  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 am
Ravenwolf
That said... it's not a good movie. But it's not as Godawful as people make it out to be, and it certainly doesn't have nothing to do with Final Fantasy.

I would say it's a good movie. Not a GREAT movie, but a good one. It has an original story and plenty of cool concepts. Not to mention, even by today's standards, the CGI is amazing. This movie is the sole reason why I hated all the hype about Avatar.

Regarding Kingdom Hearts, though, it's hard to say to someone who really doesn't play a whole lot of Final Fantasy that is isn't an FF game at heart when it features so many similarities. The storytelling is very similar and it features a great many FF characters. I agree, it isn't an FF game, which is why it isn't called an FF game, but it's still very closely related.  

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

Azazel_Grim

Savage Lunatic

5,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:52 pm
KH I will agree is not the same as FF but still it's a cool link between the two game series. Anyone can agree with that.

I agree Spirits Within isn't a good version of FF but it is still a decent movie.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:02 pm
i agree kh is not a ff game, but addictive in its own way. and spirits within was a ok movie, it did have quite a few ff things about it but the way it was set up made it more like the make of an action game then an rpg game movie make.  

Hiro445

1,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items