Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
amazing finding (i think)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:30 pm
so i volenteer at a game store near my house, while i was in there on a day off i found someone had traded a final fantasy 7 and 8 strat guide. now those things go for alot, so i went up asked the boss how much they were , he said "for you 20 bucks for both" didnt want the 7 one , cause if you know me (which i doubt cause i dont post much) i have 7. so i bought the 8 one. then last night i thought "i should probably buy the 7 one just to sell it later." so i bought it like 10 minutes ago.

the best thing about these guides is there very close to mint condition. 2 old guides for 20 bucks. me = happy  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:47 pm
How about you send them over my way xp  

MythicalRealism

Romantic Friend

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:49 pm
Psy Angelos

lol if i send any of them over it be the 7 one cause i think 7 sucks and 8 is by far the best ff game out. (granted i think the best rpg i EVER played was either legend of dragoon or persona 3)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:09 pm
Haha, nice. I have both, but they're... kind of falling apart. A lot. xd I didn't used to take such good care of my stuff.

Nowadays, though, I don't usually buy stategy guides at all. sad I love the pretty pictures, but the Internet is just so much more convenient and comprehensive. In fact, I really only buy the guides for the main Final Fantasy games anymore, eheh.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:59 pm
Ravenwolf
Haha, nice. I have both, but they're... kind of falling apart. A lot. xd I didn't used to take such good care of my stuff.

Nowadays, though, I don't usually buy stategy guides at all. sad I love the pretty pictures, but the Internet is just so much more convenient and comprehensive. In fact, I really only buy the guides for the main Final Fantasy games anymore, eheh.

true but to have that collectors item i guess if you wanna call it that, is awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:35 pm
I actually still have the original versions of the strategy guides for both of those games in really old issues of EGM / EGM2.

I never bought the guides for games back then because the magazines always had really good ones.

Personally, though, nowadays, I'm just glad we have Gamefaqs.  

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

Kanarkoi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:06 am
SOLIDNSNAKE
Psy Angelos

lol if i send any of them over it be the 7 one cause i think 7 sucks and 8 is by far the best ff game out. (granted i think the best rpg i EVER played was either legend of dragoon or persona 3)

I desPIES 8 with a passion. I wish there were a way to go on in the game without Rinoa. I prefer Squall's "...whatever" over a "I think I must be in love" that was induced by peer pressure. Yes. Peer pressure. He was practically FORCED to like her. I would be the one to constantly lose the part where she is (again for the umpteenth time) caputured by Adel. 7 on the other hand, my problem dies...and I continue in the game! Genius, Square! You kill off the main damsel and I don't have to suffer!

But if you send them ANY where...send it to me ;_; My household was the "videogames are or boys!" household xD Therefore, to this day, I have never played nintendo. (Whenever I get a job, that will change fufufufufufuuu)

I'm being slow to finish Legend of Dragoon >.> I have to fight....er....Lavi? no...Leo? ....no....Dyne? no.....Leroy?...no.....hrm....Lavitz? no he died....
It's the white shiny guy with the white shiny dragon and he's supposedly evil GAHH I CAN'T THINK OF HIS NAAAAAAAMEEEE......Lionel??...Nooooooooo!!!!! >.<

But anyway, that's awesome!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:25 pm
Kanarkoi
SOLIDNSNAKE
Psy Angelos

I desPIES 8 with a passion. I wish there were a way to go on in the game without Rinoa. I prefer Squall's "...whatever" over a "I think I must be in love" that was induced by peer pressure. Yes. Peer pressure. He was practically FORCED to like her. I would be the one to constantly lose the part where she is (again for the umpteenth time) caputured by Adel. 7 on the other hand, my problem dies...and I continue in the game! Genius, Square! You kill off the main damsel and I don't have to suffer!

But if you send them ANY where...send it to me ;_; My household was the "videogames are or boys!" household xD Therefore, to this day, I have never played nintendo. (Whenever I get a job, that will change fufufufufufuuu)

I'm being slow to finish Legend of Dragoon >.> I have to fight....er....Lavi? no...Leo? ....no....Dyne? no.....Leroy?...no.....hrm....Lavitz? no he died....
It's the white shiny guy with the white shiny dragon and he's supposedly evil GAHH I CAN'T THINK OF HIS NAAAAAAAMEEEE......Lionel??...Nooooooooo!!!!! >.<

dude rinoa was a G. straight up BAMB POWER.

at least rinoa and squall start out funny then get together

cloud meets aerith and is like "I WANT YOU" (granted thats because of zacks memories but that whole story was bad alltogether i thinK)

ff8 is where its at lol. and sorry about the ff7 guide i gave it to someone for there birthday.

LEGEND OF DRAGOON FOR THE WIN!!!!!  

TimithyEcho

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:44 pm
Kanarkoi
SOLIDNSNAKE
Psy Angelos

Oooh, Squall and Rinoa's relationship... It's weird in that it's just... more complicated than most fictional romances, or hell, probably most romances in general. xd Because their reasons for liking each other are so deeply seated in their emotional disorders. Basically, Rinoa was desperate to have a sort of "knight," someone to take care of her. And Squall ended up liking her because she was really the only one who never gave up on him; there was nobody else he really felt he could trust because of all his abandonment issues. So I wouldn't say he was "forced" to like her, but yes, it is because she was so clingy that he eventually fell in love with her. It's really a big difference, though.

And you mean Lloyd? xd He's awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:16 am
Ravenwolf
Kanarkoi
SOLIDNSNAKE
Psy Angelos

Oooh, Squall and Rinoa's relationship... It's weird in that it's just... more complicated than most fictional romances, or hell, probably most romances in general. xd Because their reasons for liking each other are so deeply seated in their emotional disorders. Basically, Rinoa was desperate to have a sort of "knight," someone to take care of her. And Squall ended up liking her because she was really the only one who never gave up on him; there was nobody else he really felt he could trust because of all his abandonment issues. So I wouldn't say he was "forced" to like her, but yes, it is because she was so clingy that he eventually fell in love with her. It's really a big difference, though.

*epic face palm* GAH! That's it! Lloyd!

"Hey Squallllll? May I borrow your riiiiiiiiiiiinnnggg????? whee "
"WTF no... crying " -Later-
".....Where the heck is my ri--"
"Hey Squalllllll!!!! Guess whut? I have kyoot~ version of your ring around my neck!!!"
-later-
"You two would make a great couple Squall!"
"Let's leave you two alone for a bit!" Step. On. Them. crying It's like the self-proclaimed "matchmakers" of middle and high school. No wonder there are so many break ups in school.

Alright, LoG....I do like it, but.....it's not me...it's Shania--er Shana....er...Shana, right? She uses a bow. That's awesome! She's a childhood friend. Meh, I'll deal with it. She stutters like Yuna, is naturally weak like Yuna and Aeris (Aeris being the semi-exception), and loves to be captured like Rinoa (useless), Aeris (but she had an official alien-like reason), and Yuna (a few times). talk2hand nuh uhhhhhhh. I can't stand Shana. ....Maybe it's just how the Japanese roll? crying

I think that Squall became a Bella when it came to "OMG no one likes me >.<" Because Quistis, Zell, and Selphie all liked being with him. Even Quistis admitted possible feelings for him....then she claimed they were teacher feelings.... I would've prefered Quistis over herrrrr. The only other arguement about this would be that it runs in the family "Laguna:Squall::Julia:Rinoa" *scratches square's eyes* THAT MAKES NO SENSE SQUARE! scream

As for FF7, I didn't say that I liked the "romance" in there either >.> I always tried to get Barrett or Yuffie for the gondola. Disliked Tifa, disliked Aeris..er Aerith. Don't get me wrong! I don't dislike all gals. Lightning, Yoruichi, Lulu, Rose, and a few others are my faves. Although...these are the ones that are practically headstrong. I was told by my boyfriend (who likes all of these) that everyone in 13 learned something or something. Like Hope to not be such a whiney wuss. But I asked him what Lightning's was supposed to be. I thought she was fine. Then he said, " I don't know. Maybe she learned to depend on others...or something. It's something Japanese-y that doesn't make sense. I thought she was fine how she was confused "

......I am sooo ranting...  

Kanarkoi

Kanarkoi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 am
SOLIDNSNAKE
Kanarkoi
SOLIDNSNAKE
Psy Angelos

dude rinoa was a G. straight up BAMB POWER.

at least rinoa and squall start out funny then get together

cloud meets aerith and is like "I WANT YOU" (granted thats because of zacks memories but that whole story was bad alltogether i thinK)

ff8 is where its at lol. and sorry about the ff7 guide i gave it to someone for there birthday.

LEGEND OF DRAGOON FOR THE WIN!!!!!

Aww that sucksss!!!! Nevermind then... but see above for the rest of my response.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:33 pm
Kanarkoi
Ravenwolf
Kanarkoi
SOLIDNSNAKE
Psy Angelos

*epic face palm* GAH! That's it! Lloyd!

"Hey Squallllll? May I borrow your riiiiiiiiiiiinnnggg????? whee "
"WTF no... crying " -Later-
".....Where the heck is my ri--"
"Hey Squalllllll!!!! Guess whut? I have kyoot~ version of your ring around my neck!!!"
-later-
"You two would make a great couple Squall!"
"Let's leave you two alone for a bit!" Step. On. Them. crying It's like the self-proclaimed "matchmakers" of middle and high school. No wonder there are so many break ups in school.

Alright, LoG....I do like it, but.....it's not me...it's Shania--er Shana....er...Shana, right? She uses a bow. That's awesome! She's a childhood friend. Meh, I'll deal with it. She stutters like Yuna, is naturally weak like Yuna and Aeris (Aeris being the semi-exception), and loves to be captured like Rinoa (useless), Aeris (but she had an official alien-like reason), and Yuna (a few times). talk2hand nuh uhhhhhhh. I can't stand Shana. ....Maybe it's just how the Japanese roll? crying

I think that Squall became a Bella when it came to "OMG no one likes me >.<" Because Quistis, Zell, and Selphie all liked being with him. Even Quistis admitted possible feelings for him....then she claimed they were teacher feelings.... I would've prefered Quistis over herrrrr. The only other arguement about this would be that it runs in the family "Laguna:Squall::Julia:Rinoa" *scratches square's eyes* THAT MAKES NO SENSE SQUARE! scream

As for FF7, I didn't say that I liked the "romance" in there either >.> I always tried to get Barrett or Yuffie for the gondola. Disliked Tifa, disliked Aeris..er Aerith. Don't get me wrong! I don't dislike all gals. Lightning, Yoruichi, Lulu, Rose, and a few others are my faves. Although...these are the ones that are practically headstrong. I was told by my boyfriend (who likes all of these) that everyone in 13 learned something or something. Like Hope to not be such a whiney wuss. But I asked him what Lightning's was supposed to be. I thought she was fine. Then he said, " I don't know. Maybe she learned to depend on others...or something. It's something Japanese-y that doesn't make sense. I thought she was fine how she was confused "

......I am sooo ranting...

she learned she is a female version of cloud.  

TimithyEcho

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:32 pm
SOLIDNSNAKE
she learned she is a female version of cloud.

But really, she's... not. I was at ANimeNEXT last weekend, and a guy at the Square Enix panel mentioned this: She's supposed to be a female Cloud, but Cloud was never as much of a b***h as she can be. sweatdrop He's kind of arrogant at the beginning of the game, but it's not the same thing.

Anyway, yeah, dynamic characters wasn't XIII's strongest point. They were interesting characters as they were, but the story didn't really allow for them to evolve like they could have. I would, though, actually say that Lightning changed more than most of them in that she at least, like... learned to tolerate the rest of the party. xd  
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games