Are you kidding? I'd run like ********
View Results

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:44 am
User Image

And I'd 'effin do it, too...

Question:
What would you do if an LoK character followed you home? Or Slendy, for that matter

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:41 am
I don't stalk anyone, I promise. I get stalked by Szo and RPK and Scrab! Although if I for some reason decided to stalk you, you should worship me, the great Turel.

If Dumah stalked you I suggest throwing a shiny object to distract him. Or tell him where a bird is so he can kill it. Lately he's been obsessed with killing birds for some woman he likes.  

Lieutenant Turel

Sei and Jeff

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:46 am
Realistically, how would any of us react if a powerful person was stalking us? None of us are trained in serious combat so we can't take them down. Assuming we could deceive them is insulting to their intelligence and given their ages in SR1 it's unlikely they haven't seen every trick in the book. If it was in our world maybe some might try and get legal intervention. No one will believe you, however. If it was in the nosgoth world, we aren't going to win. Here is how:

Assumption 1: Humans in LoK-verse hate/fear vampires. They hunt them whenever possible. The attitude towards vampires is similar to witch scares in the Middle Ages. Anyone who was suspected of being a witch supporter was killed or ostracized/ignored.

Assumption 2: if one of us so happened to get into the LoK-verse, given our guild and such it's likely we'd support vampires. Let's also assume that the person is smart enough to keep quiet based on Assumption-1.

Event 1: Person in Nosgoth is stalked by vampire. Reason is unknown.

If you told any citizen they'd either isolate you in hopes that in doing so the vampire leaves the other people alone or they'd try and kill said vampire. In order for the latter to happen, the guild-member would have had to develop strong ties with the Nosgoth humans. In medieval society, strange people that moved into a town were not always immediately accepted. If the person had connections or family, the person would. We would have none of that. We don't even know extensive details on Nosgoth's culture. Therefore...

Assumption 3- Nosgoth's society of humans is similar to the Late middle ages Europe.
Fact 1- Most guild members are actually female. The odds of a female being sent over then, is more than likely.

At this point you have to remember what the general populace was like in the late Middle Ages. Education was rare for those not of the upper and probably middle classes. Literacy rates were low. So now you have a strange woman that can read, write, and do arithmetic in a society where women are usually housewives. However, we know that there were female sarafan. Likely nosgoth is slightly more liberal with respect to women than Europe's Middle ages

Why is this important? Because it affects how the world around you is going to react when you decide to take some sort of action. It's going to affect where you will be. We have no connections to get a place to stay. If the person manages to not need to resort to prostitution to get food and shelter, then the people you stay with will not be inclined to help you. If they believe you they will get rid of you to save themselves (why save some strange foreigner? Who will miss the person?) or they will send sarafan. If they don't believe you, you may simply be stalked or abducted. The former would mean the vampire is determining whether or not to keep you.

The latter is an ideal option: You would stay in a large house and get food. Yes, you'd probably have to work and sleep with said vampire. Just hope it isn't Vorador but his mansion is huge and you'd be doted on.

TL;DR:
Conclusion: You wouldn't be attacked if it happened in this world but you wouldn't be believed. If you were in Nosgoth you would be in many unfavorable situations unless abducted. You don't have the money needed, the connections, a place to stay or combat training. See above for reasoning.

After thought: All of this assumes our IRL selves and not our rp-ed selves. I chose IRL because that's how I interpreted Sarafina's question. I also answered LoK only because it was more fun and I got to do this.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:58 pm
Lieutenant Turel
I don't stalk anyone, I promise. I get stalked by Szo and RPK and Scrab! Although if I for some reason decided to stalk you, you should worship me, the great Turel.

If Dumah stalked you I suggest throwing a shiny object to distract him. Or tell him where a bird is so he can kill it. Lately he's been obsessed with killing birds for some woman he likes.

Is his lady friend a cat or something?  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

Lord Dumah

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:28 pm
Mmm, no, no no, Sara-Lady. Dumah explain

Spoilers for a fun Valve game here. Highlight to see:

In Portal 2 Wheatley takes over the facility and puts GLaDOS into a potato. She is taken away by a bird. At one point, you rescue her in potato form from a bird's nest. When she sees a bird later she freaks out saying "Ah! Bird! Kill it! Kill it". Dumah is rp-ed to be infatuated with GLaDOS and thus kills birds to try and win her love.
~Sei

End spoilers here  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:23 pm
Lieutenant Turel
I don't stalk anyone, I promise.

User Image

YOU STALK ME IN THE RALLIES, OCCASIONALLY.

User Image

ArkRaptor
Crew

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:28 pm
Red Pyramid Kitty
Lieutenant Turel

User Image

User Image

LIEZ! I am simply gracing you with my presence. Which you should be honored to have given the times you raped me and now I have three eggs where you are the other parent. By the way, what's going to happen with custody?  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:29 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Red Pyramid Kitty
Lieutenant Turel

User Image

User Image

LIEZ! I am simply gracing you with my presence. Which you should be honored to have given the times you raped me and now I have three eggs where you are the other parent. By the way, what's going to happen with custody?

User Image

UH, I'll get back to you on that.

User Image

ArkRaptor
Crew

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:28 pm
Guild, beware. I think my future offspring will also be creepy stalkers  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:09 am
Lord Dumah
Mmm, no, no no, Sara-Lady. Dumah explain

Spoilers for a fun Valve game here. Highlight to see:

In Portal 2 Wheatley takes over the facility and puts GLaDOS into a potato. She is taken away by a bird. At one point, you rescue her in potato form from a bird's nest. When she sees a bird later she freaks out saying "Ah! Bird! Kill it! Kill it". Dumah is rp-ed to be infatuated with GLaDOS and thus kills birds to try and win her love.
~Sei

End spoilers here

Ah, I see

Well, best of lucky with her, whatever makes you happy~  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

Tea Drinking Tiefling

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:42 am
Sei and Jeff
Realistically, how would any of us react if a powerful person was stalking us? None of us are trained in serious combat so we can't take them down. Assuming we could deceive them is insulting to their intelligence and given their ages in SR1 it's unlikely they haven't seen every trick in the book. If it was in our world maybe some might try and get legal intervention. No one will believe you, however. If it was in the nosgoth world, we aren't going to win. Here is how:

Assumption 1: Humans in LoK-verse hate/fear vampires. They hunt them whenever possible. The attitude towards vampires is similar to witch scares in the Middle Ages. Anyone who was suspected of being a witch supporter was killed or ostracized/ignored.

Assumption 2: if one of us so happened to get into the LoK-verse, given our guild and such it's likely we'd support vampires. Let's also assume that the person is smart enough to keep quiet based on Assumption-1.

Event 1: Person in Nosgoth is stalked by vampire. Reason is unknown.

If you told any citizen they'd either isolate you in hopes that in doing so the vampire leaves the other people alone or they'd try and kill said vampire. In order for the latter to happen, the guild-member would have had to develop strong ties with the Nosgoth humans. In medieval society, strange people that moved into a town were not always immediately accepted. If the person had connections or family, the person would. We would have none of that. We don't even know extensive details on Nosgoth's culture. Therefore...

Assumption 3- Nosgoth's society of humans is similar to the Late middle ages Europe.
Fact 1- Most guild members are actually female. The odds of a female being sent over then, is more than likely.

At this point you have to remember what the general populace was like in the late Middle Ages. Education was rare for those not of the upper and probably middle classes. Literacy rates were low. So now you have a strange woman that can read, write, and do arithmetic in a society where women are usually housewives. However, we know that there were female sarafan. Likely nosgoth is slightly more liberal with respect to women than Europe's Middle ages

Why is this important? Because it affects how the world around you is going to react when you decide to take some sort of action. It's going to affect where you will be. We have no connections to get a place to stay. If the person manages to not need to resort to prostitution to get food and shelter, then the people you stay with will not be inclined to help you. If they believe you they will get rid of you to save themselves (why save some strange foreigner? Who will miss the person?) or they will send sarafan. If they don't believe you, you may simply be stalked or abducted. The former would mean the vampire is determining whether or not to keep you.

The latter is an ideal option: You would stay in a large house and get food. Yes, you'd probably have to work and sleep with said vampire. Just hope it isn't Vorador but his mansion is huge and you'd be doted on.

TL;DR:
Conclusion: You wouldn't be attacked if it happened in this world but you wouldn't be believed. If you were in Nosgoth you would be in many unfavorable situations unless abducted. You don't have the money needed, the connections, a place to stay or combat training. See above for reasoning.

After thought: All of this assumes our IRL selves and not our rp-ed selves. I chose IRL because that's how I interpreted Tabby's question. I also answered LoK only because it was more fun and I got to do this.

I like your analysis here, but err.. Tabby didn't ask the question... ninja

If I found myself in the aforementioned situation, I would do anything, ANYTHING, but prostitution to survive. And depending on the vampire and time period, being abducted might not be so bad...  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:59 am
I edited the post to change it to Sarafina. I was in a thread replying to you and Main was replying to Sarafina. Got the two mixed up. Oops.  

Lieutenant Turel

The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff