Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Siha had been practicing her guiding, though at this point she had only been guiding her new companion, Za. The vulture creeped her out, but it was hard to tell her to go away. Za seemed to like her. Siha knew that she was going to have to get used to her, but.

Wait. Where was she?

Siha seemed to have stumbled upon an incomplete shrine. It was obviously under construction, but she still felt like she was crashing in on something. Guides weren't really needed until they were complete, but still...

"Um, hello?" she asked, guessing that someone would be around working.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:04 pm
User Image

The stone had proven far heavier than it had looked earlier that morning. The carvers had finished with it and it had been put to one side ready for the haul to its final resting position. Katashi had been the one to come down and collect it.. or at least had attempted to. Within minutes he had retreated to his den and slipped into the harness he had recently finished. With the extra leather strap in his mouth, he had returned to the stubborn rock and after fixing the strap round its width, had stepped into the loop made by the strap and with its weight distributed across his muscular body by his harness, had set about dragging the monolithic monster up to its rightful spot.

Several hours later Katashi had finally released the pressure on the leather strap and had collapsed at the foot of the now correctly positioned stone, catching his breath and easing the weight off his abused pawpads. He had been very grateful for his hand-made harness, the skin of his shoulders was still raw after his work but the tough leather had taken the worse of the beating and he still, miracles of miracles, had some fur left on him. Finally he had pulled himself up, slipped the leather strapping off the stone, and set about moving the smaller rocks bout into the right places. It was this task that was occupying his attention when a light, gentle voice called out from the front of the half-done shrine.

Blinking the sweat from his eyes he stuck his head round the huge lump of rock that had nearly sent him to an early grave and was surprised by the figure of a pale blue lioness, one he recognized if only belatedly, as one of the newer guides. Stepping round the large stone and into her line of sight, he shook the dust from his coat before offering her a warm smile, green eyes friendly. "Greetings." He replied, his voice was low and soft, more befitting a scholar than a layman but the quiet voice came from a body that, for a leopard, was gigantic. Almost the height of a regular male lion, Katashi was one of the biggest leopards anyone in the pride had ever seen and it was clearly obvious why he had chosen the profession of a Shifter.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:14 pm
"O-oh! I'm sorry if I'm bothering you...I didn't know that anyone was here." She took another quick glance around, but didn't see anyone else here. Either the carvers had already left, or they were going to work after he was finished moving the stones. Speaking of stones, those were huge. This must be an important shrine they were putting together for a stone that large. She was going to have to take note of this...if she remembered exactly where she was.

"Not...that I really knew where I was going. I'm Siha, it's nice to meet you..." And a touch intimidating to meet a leopard that was the size of a lion. Siha didn't know many other leopards, mostly Edea and her brood of blue.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Shaking his head gently the leopard settled down, tail curling about his paws as he sat on the stony ground. She seemed a little nervous of him so he hoped by sitting he would make himself look less threatening. Though there was nothing he could do about his dusty and fairly sweaty appearance.

"No bother ma'am. I had just finished with most of the stones, a break would be welcome." Offering her another calm smile the leopard arched his neck, nipping at his chest where the stone had pinched his skin. Looking back at her after a moment of intent scratching, he dipped his head politely. "I'm Katashi. It is a pleasure to meet you Siha. You are a guide here are you not?" He inquired in his gentle voice, genuinely interested. "I don't know who this shrine is for yet, only that it is to be set up here..." He explained in case she was wondering.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:52 am
While he had been scratching himself (and it was well deserved!), Siha couldn't help but eye the large stones that he had just been moving. It was so...amazing.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Siha. I am a guide, yes..." she said carefully. "I have an, uh. Assistant to help me. I get lost...kind of easily." Her words mumbled off towards the end, that feeling of shame never quite leaving her. Having Za help her was nice, but...Siha was nervous of the vulture. She was, well...a vulture!

The blue lioness walked over to the large stone, placing one paw on it as she set herself down next to it. "It's so large," she said, staring at the stone as if she had been talking to it. Her head turned around as she looked at the leopard again. "You move stones this large all by yourself?!"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:31 am
He smiled again, the expression gentle and encouraging. It was most likely that in any other pride he would have been a scholar or a tutor, or something of that ilk for he was clearly calm and patient and certainly well mannered, but here where the young pride needed muscles more than brains, he had chosen to become a shifter.

"There is no shame in not knowing ones way yet. It takes time to learn a new land." His expression was friendly, for he certainly meant no insult. He watched her pad up to the large rock and nodded. "That is one of the bigger ones, certainly. But if they are too heavy, my colleague, Ishekhesi, helps me. He is a lion and has been here as long as myself." Since they were both members when the small pride settled this new mountain, the pair of them had set up most of the early shrines together.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:38 pm
Siha's golden eyes widened. "I couldn't imagine the amount of work that takes. Do you work alone most of the time?" Being a guide, she was used to having others around. And now that she had her vulture friend (as soon as she got over her fear of him), she would never be completely along. He seemed...reserved. Quiet. Like he enjoyed it, but Siha had never met someone quite like him.

"Its very admirable work. I see the shrines all the time, but I don't normally see them as they're being build. We only take guests to the shrines that are completed."

Tanakako

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:27 pm
Shifting his paws to ease the ache of his pads as best he could, he nodded slowly. "Most of the time. To be honest it is peaceful up here with the rocks.. the carvers come and go so I am not completely alone, and if Ishekhesi is working near by we often stop for a meal together." He glanced back at the mostly finished shrine before returning his gaze to the seemingly rather shy lioness.

"Thank you for your kind words. It is satisfying work at the very least.. you can see the progress made each day and when a shrine is finished and given over to the keepers, you get a sense of accomplishment.. you can look back and say 'I did that'.. and know the shrine will still be there long after you yourself have passed on." He smiled softly, expression relaxed and content. The work might have been hard and painful at times, but he enjoyed his life here on the mountain and would never wish to be anyplace else.

Safaia

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 pm
The pale blue lioness was honestly in awe of his words. A lot of it was because she had never bothered to really think about things the way he clearly had. It made her wonder what her own legacy would be, as it wouldn't be the same as Katashi. His was very physical and undeniable. Her's would have to be something along the lines of how she worked, and hopefully how she touched the lives of those she guided within the Ulili-Mlindaji.

"You've given me a lot to think about," she said with a small smile. "Thank you for sharing your words with me. I think they'll stick with me longer than...what anyone else has really said to me recently." Then she chuckled. "Well, other than the thank yous I get from visitors, those are very nice too. Now I can give them a little more information about one of the shifters that builds the shrines"

Tanakako

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:08 am
Catching her expression he felt the faint warmth of a blush moving under his fur. No one ever looked at him like that, as if he was something special... it made him feel both exposed, and happy at the same time. If only he believed he deserved such regard from anyone, let alone the gentle, honest lioness before him.

Dipping his head politely he gave her a warm smile. "It has been a true pleasure speaking with you, and if I can ever help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask, yes?" Dipping his head to catch her eye he chuckled softly. "I am sure you provide much more than you think you do for our visitors." He wanted to reassure her, since she looked so uncertain about her work. Her shyness was sweet, and he knew she was being modest when it came to her work.

Safaia

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:46 pm
Siha smiled sweetly. "I will be certain to ask for your assistance again." He was by far one of the most pleasant members she had come across, so much so that she felt a slight stirring in her heart. She knew that she would be back, and she hoped that he felt a bit of the same!  
[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games