Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ Side Show Alley - Contests!!
Questions and Assitance

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:34 am
If you have any questions about contests, please post them in this thread.

Quoting either me or momo the peachy is better since we can attend to it faster.

[quote="chiisai-akanbo"] [/quote]

[quote="momo the peachy"] [/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:04 am
Peachy Girl Momo

Hello Peachy Momo Girl,

I saw your announcement about Ranchi (spelling?) winning the raffle contest but couldn't find it gonk I was going to post CONGRATS to her : ) If you can move this thread to the right place, maybe she'll still see it 4laugh

Also, you asked about prizes? What about one of these cute little blue critters (Mogo Huey) by my side? He's on sale in the Cash Shop right now and he's just adorable - and might go up in price after he leaves the cash shop - It's just a Thought - He's not as great as an Airshark or another Awesome Fish - but I wasn't sure if you had thought about prizes that were not aquarium related? People that can't buy cash, like to get some of the cash items too - just a suggestion - I love this Guild!! I hope Chiisai will feel happier soon!! Then some other ideas from the past would be, Ara's Nestegg - that is one cool item - it has so many things in it. You can look like a pirate in it but you have to have several to make the whole outfit. They have come down in price on some of the Gens - that may have changed. Vampire Hunter's Hat was a really Cool Item at one time that people could use with October around the corner : ) I'm just thinking outside the box......think, think, think, (ouch that hurts), some of the coveted RIG items that have come down in price, like those that have wigs and eye styles from past RIGs, might be a lovely thought too 3nodding You could search by the RIG name in the MP and most of the time (not always) it will bring up what is related to that RIG. Okay, I've given you several things to think about and I hope you are SMILING today (Wings Smooches and Cheeks lol )

I hardly ever play the contests, but while I was looking around, I saw your Contest thread and it has AWESOME prizes on it!! All those wonderful Fishies!! You guys really know how to Motivate People to want to play your games!! heart Has anyone came up with a Mystery Contest - like Clue? Sort of write a story, Then ask a question based on very detailed facts from that story, and if someone guesses - they win a prize and move forward with another question. I did a small story once to a friend of mine and my teens and their friends thought it was a cute idea and intriguing, but my friend never said a word. It could get really fun with one of your Guild's, creative writers 4laugh

So, Congrats to Ranchi, wasn't sure if you like the suggestion of something from the cash shops, and a few contest feedback with idea - all just a brainstorming thoughts 3nodding

Have a Great Day All
and
Thanks for ALL The Booty!! Argh!!!

Magnolia Sweet Tea

Romantic Girl

Get Off My Girl Swag

3,550 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:01 pm
How do you play the game booty grab like I know how but how do you get the game started cause im sittin in the tank and the game wont start how do you start the game?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:58 am
ii-sugarbear-ii
How do you play the game booty grab like I know how but how do you get the game started cause im sittin in the tank and the game wont start how do you start the game?

You can't start the game yourself, you have to either look for a started game, or wait for one to start. If you see a tank with a big Booty Grab logo on it (in users signatures), the game has started. It's called a glow, and tanks usually glow every 2 - 3 hours. Visit glow threads to catch the games, and you should be fine biggrin

If you want people to grab your booty, you need fish in your tank by the way, or it won't glow.

BBS Mule1

So, Congrats to Ranchi, wasn't sure if you like the suggestion of something from the cash shops, and a few contest feedback with idea - all just a brainstorming thoughts 3nodding

Thankies heart
I was so surprised when I read the announcement, but couldn't write a post in the raffle topic, since it was already closed. But I'm so surprised and happy that I won *usually never wins anything* whee  

Ranchi

Tasty Target

Novibear

Destructive Powerhouse

22,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:45 am
chiisai-akanbo
If you have any questions please post them here.

quoting either me or Peachy Girl Momo is better since we can attend to it faster.

ABout that contest for the banners is there anything we are required to use? and they are about grabbing right? the banners i mean or just the three categories I am confuzed but would like to try  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 pm
Novibear
chiisai-akanbo
If you have any questions please post them here.

quoting either me or Peachy Girl Momo is better since we can attend to it faster.

ABout that contest for the banners is there anything we are required to use? and they are about grabbing right? the banners i mean or just the three categories I am confuzed but would like to try

the banner contest that we had running has been over now for quite some time. when we host a new banner contest, we will send an announcement so everyone knows what's going on smile  

Pixelated-Kawaii

Pixelated-Kawaii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:09 pm
BBS Mule1

You have some really cool ideas, and I've been thinking on the same lines of a cash shop item. Moga Huey...yeah, if people wants that, then that will be the prize. or I could even host a raffle for an unopened monthly envelope. I will post a poll about it, and get our members to vote on what they would like as a prize. smile that way, we can be sure we're giving what everyone wants smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:56 pm
Peachy_Girl_Momo
BBS Mule1

You have some really cool ideas, and I've been thinking on the same lines of a cash shop item. Moga Huey...yeah, if people wants that, then that will be the prize. or I could even host a raffle for an unopened monthly envelope. I will post a poll about it, and get our members to vote on what they would like as a prize. smile that way, we can be sure we're giving what everyone wants smile

Thanks for the consideration, but it is only a suggestion. Also, you could offer like 2 and let them choose - either one item or an Aquarium item - doesn't really matter to me - just thinking out of the box 3nodding  

Magnolia Sweet Tea

Romantic Girl

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:59 pm
Novibear

Got quite confused with the question but...

is there anything we are required to use?
if you mean images then it would be preferred if you use something water related,
if you mean software then you may use what ever software you prefer,
if you mean past bump images it would be better if you make your own.

they are about grabbing right?
Yes, they are images that we use in grabbing... I mean posting thank you's after we grab from a tank owners tank.

the three categories
the three categories are err, categories where you can choose like, if you make a banner with flashing images or really bright colors it's best if you submit it under the Flashy Bump Category so that we can warn people with migranes to not use it, as we are concerned with out grabbers and bumpers' health as well, same with the other categories I'll try to explain it there if I get the time.

and your entries are very welcome smile  
█ Side Show Alley - Contests!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff