Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mud was amazing. Arufu was currently working on his second mudbath of the day. The first one had been alright, but after being swarmed by bugs in the early afternoon, he had decided that he deserved a second one. He sighed, wiggling into the mud as much as he could. This spot wasn't very deep, so he had to roll around in it to get his back covered. Worth the extra effort, if you asked him.

He was content with the peace and quiet, but he was certain that it wouldn't last long. A few weeks ago a cub had decided to bother him in the middle of his bath, but he hadn't minded that. Cubs were fun to talk to, even if they were sometimes wary of getting muddy. Their mothers usually didn't like the fact that Arufu was encouraging of getting completely covered in mud.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:54 pm
User Image

'Dia loved mud. She could have lived in mud if she had been able to. She was constantly motted with the brown goop, sometimes so much that you couldnt tell where the mud began and ended. With a little wiggle of her butt, she leapt into the shallow mud, dancing a bit as she stomped around to make sure to fling it anywhere. Mother hated that she got so dirty, but mother was a good mother. She knew that Incendia was a sweet soul. There was nothing wrong with a little dirt. Well..maybe momma hadnt said that last part.

She grinned, eyes sparkling as she stopped stomping. She heard someone, and her interest was grabbed. She lifted her head to stare in the direction, but the tall grasses were too tall! She could hardly see anything.. Walking closer, cocking her head and making sure she was in her stalking pose. Momma had been teaching her that lately. She needed to practice!  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:01 pm
The tall grasses could hide parts of Arufu, but it was hard to hide that big purple mane of his. Not all of it had been covered in mud, and bits of the purple fluff stuck out from what parts were muddy.

He heard voices off in the distance, but it was hard to find a secluded place in a pride this large. Having been born and raised here, he didn't mind much. Right now was pure bliss. His eyes lulled into an almost-closed state, and his tail, dripping with mud, was just barely lingering on the surface of the muddy area. Twitching here and there, though it was a lot sticker than it would have been if it was dry. Finding Arufu completely free of mud was nearly impossible, his poor tail.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:10 pm
The first thing that stood out about the male, was the purple of his mane. She smiled, recognizing him from outings. Sure they had never met, and shed never paid him much mind.. But she swore she had at least seen him before. She knew he was safe, so she approached and not too quietly.

"Hey!" She said, a smile forming wide across her maw. She padded the mud with her front paws, and pranced in place. She always loved meeting others.. She always seemed to learn something from each creature she met.

"Are you sleepin'?" She asked?  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:20 pm
His eyes took a bit to open. He hadn't really be asleep, but he hadn't really been awake, either. He blinked a few times and glanced down to see quite a happy cub looking up at him. One that was a bit muddy herself!

"Nah, no sleeping yet," he said with a smile. He shuffled a bit to get more comfortable for talking. "Meditating? Something like that."

He paused as he glanced at her, recognizing bits of her coat markings. "You're part of a big family, aren't you?" Seemed a bit common in these parts, but her patterning was more unique than say, his.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:33 pm
She waited patiently until he opened his eyes, and once he did she pranced in place faster than before. She stopped, and cocked her head. Meditating. She wasnt sure what that meant, but it seemed peaceful.
"Why would you do that in the mud? Thats no fun. Muds for playin, silly." She said, nodding and then taking a deep breath.

Someone always brought up her family. She supposed that it was because it was so large. She had many siblings, and her markings were just like mommas. She nodded, looking up at him.

"Sure am! Im Incendia. But dont call me that. Call me 'Dia." She requested.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 pm
Arufu rolled onto his back, letting the cool sensation tickle his spine. "Mud's just nice for lyin' in, too. Gets the bugs off, and whatever bug bites you get feel better in it." He slowly pulled himself right side up, little bits of mud getting splashed around. "Plus it's nice to hide my super pale coat in." It was nice to blend in. A purple mane didn't help that.

"Alright, Dia. Just call me Arufu. My name's too much of a mouthful anyway." He grinned. "So you play in the mud, huh? Do you go hunting in there too?" There were quite a few frogs that liked to linger in the mud just about as much as Arufu did.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:45 pm
She thought on that, and decided he was right. Sometimes it got really hot, and the mud was never hot.. It was always cool and she just liked being dirty anyway. She flicked her tail side to side, the mud splashing onto each leg.
"You do kinda stick out, dontcha?" She asked, a serious look on her face. She had always blended in, but then again the mud was almost the same color as some of her splotches!

"A'course I play in the mud! The mud is fun. And its nice to meetcha Arufu. I didnt know adults liked to play in the mud. You must be a cool adult." She said, nodding as if agreeding to her own statement.

"Im not really a great hunter yet, but soon I will be!"  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:13 pm
"Well, thanks," he replied with a chuckle. He didn't like being pointed out for sticking out, but that's what he was. He just had to deal with it, and mud helped a lot.

"Oh yeah? You'll need to be a great hunter once you go out on your naming quest." He....didn't really miss his. He had enjoyed his birth home too much to really care about the outside world a lot. Here he had family, mud, and comfort. "I gotta tell you, being out without any mud is weird!"

Hmm. "Catch anything good yet?" The swamps had its own unique offering in things to catch.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:50 pm
Incendia had no brain to mouth filter. She often offended others, but not because she had those intentions.. No, her flaw was that she just didnt realize when she was doing it.
In her mind, the truth would set you free, and she felt no need to lie.. Ever.

"Oh I will be. Daddy teaches me lots, and momma tries. Though I think she prefers staying at home and caring for us mostly." She responded. She planned on having Rim teach her anything and everything. Shed be the best hunter ever!

She gasped, eyes wide in childlike innocence.
"You went without mud? Oh.. Oh.. I dont want to be without mud." She responded distraught.

Though at his next question she was smiling again.
"I caught a frog! A slimy one that momma didnt wanna look at." She giggled.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:39 pm
Arufu laughed. "You can live without mud! Only for a short bit, though." He leaned closer to her to give her a secret. "But trust me," he whispered. "The first mud bath you take when you get home? Will be like, the best one ever."

And it had been for him! All that time without the best quality mud from his homeland. Sigh

"Oooh, frogs can be tricky and slimy to catch. Great job with one of those," he added on with praise. He...wasn't really that great of a hunter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:41 pm
She listened intently, eyes a bit wider in cublike innocence. It was clear that she was not sure about the idea of being without mud. Not even for a short while! She had been raised in it, after all. Mother hadnt, but she just assumed that was her mothers cross to bear.

"I bet! Though I hope, that I never have to leave it." She said.. Though she knew that soon she would be on her naming quest, and she would be forced to leave the lands. Oh she wished she wouldnt grow up.

"Thanks! Ill bring you one sometime if you want." She said with a smile.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:18 pm
Arufu smiled. "Well, if you just stick to the rivers and streams you'll still get some nice mud." Different from what was here, and there were things that he had missed from his naming quest. Not enough to leave, though.

"Hey, yeah. Catch me a frog next time, would you?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:10 pm
She nodded excitedly, her little mane fluff bouncing with the movement. Someone actually asking her to catch them something? She grinned and her little body wriggled happily.

"I sure will! Ill start right now!" She said, and went to go to her favorite frog hunting grounds. She looked behind her warmly.

"When I catch it Ill find you." She said, and bounced away in hopes of returning with a frog.

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items